diamondmax 10 compatibility with nforce 4 chipset

jimbobway

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
I recently built my first system...

Asus A8N SLI Premium
1 gig of OCZ Platinum PC 3200 (2x512)
AMD Athlon 64 3700 (stock heatsink & fan)
xion II case
Preoverclocked XFX 7800 GT
Maxtor Diamond 10 series, Ultra 133, 16mb cache
version:BAH419Z0 ( from an old system)

It pasts post fine but once it hits the windows screen it takes like 3 minutes to load up and overall windows is slow. I've recently heard of the diamond 10, 11 series having compatibility issues, what these issues are i don't know. Could someone inform me? Could it possible be the my hd is having issues. I've tested the hd and ide cable in another computer, works fine, my other computer has a nforce 2 chipset. I had a friend test the memory and video card, the fine. I sent back the cpu but the new one is the same issue, tried two power supplies (im using enermax noistaker 600w) Im now in the process of receiving a new motherboard.

Try a different IDE port....; try it as master with no DVD/CD connected to the same cable

Uninstall Nvidia IDE controller, test without, and reinstall it if nescessary...

(Most of the minor incompatibility issues pertained to SATA drives, I believe.....)

jimbobway

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
Try a different IDE port....; try it as master with no DVD/CD connected to the same cable

Uninstall Nvidia IDE controller, test without, and reinstall it if nescessary...

(Most of the minor incompatibility issues pertained to SATA drives, I believe.....)

How do i go about uninstalling the ide controller?