Handwriting recognition -> word Doc?

September 16, 2004 8:41:34 PM

Hi I see Transcribe software for the pocket PC that has handwriting
recognition but is there any program that converts these notes to a word
document? or does it save it as an "image" as such?

thanks
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 11:54:56 PM

John,

Calligrapher from PhatWare willl allow you to convert the notes to text
which can be put into a Word document. You can find more info at
http://www.phatware.com

--
Clinton Fitch
Editor

http://www.clintonfitch.com - Pocket PC Reviews
http://www.hpcfactor.com - Handheld PC Reviews

"John" <john@email.com> wrote in message
news:o hwX0aEnEHA.3520@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Hi I see Transcribe software for the pocket PC that has handwriting
> recognition but is there any program that converts these notes to a word
> document? or does it save it as an "image" as such?
>
> thanks

Anonymous
September 17, 2004 1:15:50 AM

Open Pocket Word, write with Transcriber and your handwriting will be
recognized and entered as text. Sync the Pocket Word document and you will
have a Word document. Or you can save the Pocket Word document as a Word
document (from the tools menu) and you will have a word document you could
even attach to an email from the PPC. Handwriting recognition means just
that, in any program, your scrawling is converted to 'typed' text.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices

!