Silent and reliable 7800gt, wich manufacturer?

SVoyager

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2004
Hi, im currently shopping for a big pc upgrade here, along with cpu, mobo, ram, im shopping for a new vid card.

I endedup chosing a single 7800gt (trying to keep the costs reasonable).

My last setup was a bit noisy so im trying this time to have a quiet pc (im not into the OC side of things so as long as stock settings works stable, im happy).

So, on the list of manufacturers im not quite sure where to go. So far, from what ive read here, XFX is something to forget for the 7800gt since they seem to have a bunch of troubles.

I have been into asus cards for years and never really looked elsewhere before, so when I check now I see evga, bfg and a few others. I have no idea if they are good or not.

Having been with asus for years, i've locked on the en7800gt top silent ddr3 256meg.

Now I could use some suggestions as to whether or not its a good choice or if there is something better. Since the asus card is passivly cooled, then that kinda fits well with my low noise setup :).

What do ya'll suggest???

thx!
SV

metalweenis

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
BFG cards a great for what your looking for. but if you want ABSOULUTLY quiet, then Gigabyte is the way :) Check out their cards, its really weird, but cool, no fans.

Archilles

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
eVGA has a No questions asked return policy... and there cards are clocked higher then most others. XFX has almost the same policy, but not fully.

Not to mention their prices are the lowest, and they run right along with all the Big Dogz...

TRENDING THREADS