Sign in with
Your question

Where to sell?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
February 6, 2006 12:24:18 AM

After my latest upgrade I've got an extra Athlon 64, an Nforce 3 board, a 9600 Pro AGP video card and various other parts.
Is Ebay the best place to unload this stuff? Is there a better option online for computer parts?
I've also got an extra case, some monitors and various optical drives. I COULD go out and by more RAM and an OEM copy of Windows XP, put it all together and sell it as a used computer -- but is it worth the hassle?
Should I spend an extra $200 to maybe net some cash (I'd probably sell the setup for around $500, netting $300, possibly) or just sell it off as parts?
Honestly, I've never been in this situation before. All my past upgrades/new builds have been to computers so old that nobody really wanted my old stuff anymore.
Appreciate any advice from someone whose been down this road before.

More about : sell

February 6, 2006 12:42:59 AM

Ebay is all I know, although Im having the same thoughts. I got some extra parts and working computer that Im not using. I basically ask people at Lan party, I sold some parts like ram and 6800 gt card. But for the rest I can't find someone interested in. I don't know I might sell at the pawn shop.
February 6, 2006 1:40:51 AM

On second thought, maybe I should just ship one of my older computers to maypep_necro so he'll stop posting about his weak ass old systems.
(see: Very Old Computer and Normal CPU? threads).
Related resources
February 6, 2006 3:26:41 AM

ebay owns for selling, sucks ass for buying. my mom makes near ~$1000 a week selling crap she buys in goodwill lol.
February 6, 2006 3:26:55 AM

Quote:
On second thought, maybe I should just ship one of my older computers to maypep_necro so he'll stop posting about his weak ass old systems.
(see: Very Old Computer and Normal CPU? threads).

Thats not a bad idea, I got some ram to go with it.
!