Where to sell?

brainysmurf

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
After my latest upgrade I've got an extra Athlon 64, an Nforce 3 board, a 9600 Pro AGP video card and various other parts.
Is Ebay the best place to unload this stuff? Is there a better option online for computer parts?
I've also got an extra case, some monitors and various optical drives. I COULD go out and by more RAM and an OEM copy of Windows XP, put it all together and sell it as a used computer -- but is it worth the hassle?
Should I spend an extra $200 to maybe net some cash (I'd probably sell the setup for around $500, netting $300, possibly) or just sell it off as parts?
Honestly, I've never been in this situation before. All my past upgrades/new builds have been to computers so old that nobody really wanted my old stuff anymore.
Appreciate any advice from someone whose been down this road before.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Ebay is all I know, although Im having the same thoughts. I got some extra parts and working computer that Im not using. I basically ask people at Lan party, I sold some parts like ram and 6800 gt card. But for the rest I can't find someone interested in. I don't know I might sell at the pawn shop.

brainysmurf

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
On second thought, maybe I should just ship one of my older computers to maypep_necro so he'll stop posting about his weak ass old systems.
(see: Very Old Computer and Normal CPU? threads).

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
On second thought, maybe I should just ship one of my older computers to maypep_necro so he'll stop posting about his weak ass old systems.
(see: Very Old Computer and Normal CPU? threads).

Thats not a bad idea, I got some ram to go with it.