Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Jay Beckman wrote:

> "Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@noware .net> wrote in message
>
>>"Flash" <DDSD@myself.com> wrote in message
>>

>>MENSA!!! I'd know the signs anywhere. :)
>>
>>Dudley Henriques
>>International Fighter Pilots Fellowship

> Well, there goes another keyboard...LOL
>
> Jay

Yep, and it's coke. Had to hook up an old keyboard while the regular
one soaks in the tub for a while.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Just Kidding, it was a snorter though. :)

"boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message
> Jay Beckman wrote:
>
>> "Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@noware .net> wrote in message
>>
>>>"Flash" <DDSD@myself.com> wrote in message
>>>

>>>MENSA!!! I'd know the signs anywhere. :)
>>>
>>>Dudley Henriques
>>>International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
>

>> Well, there goes another keyboard...LOL
>>
>> Jay
>
> Yep, and it's coke. Had to hook up an old keyboard while the regular one
> soaks in the tub for a while.

Seriously, I run keyboards through the dishwasher all the time.

Just don't get in a big hurry to use them again.

Bob McKellar

Roger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 15:56:02 -0700, Lawn Dart
<willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've been pretty happy with my Logitech "Freedom 2.4" cordless
>joystick, but there is an annoyance that pops up every now and again,
>and I'm wondering if it could have something to do with the fact that
>it's a cordless joystick.

I'm trying to remember if the "Freedom" uses IR or WiFi, or some other
radio frequency. It "sounds to me" as if the problem is interference
and that does happen with wireless at times. A lot depends on close
neighbors and what you might have running in the house.

A friend who lives about 2 miles south of me ran into problems with
2.4 Gig wireless, his telephones, and the web cams. They all
interfered with each other and particularly the phones and web cams.

I'm interested in a good set of rudder pedals with toe brakes to use
with an IFR sim as well as FS9.

<snip>

>Since I just spent nearly $800 in upgrades, I'm thinking that I
>shouldn't spend a few hundred more dollars on a joystick, but if I
>can find a relatively nice force feedback stick for under $100, I may
>give it a try.

I can identify with that<:))
I just upgraded this one and the one next to it.

>I've been reading some comparisons between the Microsoft Sidewinder
>and the Logitech Force 3D sticks, and though the MS stick sounds
>great, it's a bit more than I'd like to spend just now. Can someone
>comment on the Logitech WingMan Force 3D stick? Or are there others
>I should consider instead?

I'm using one on this system and "to me" it seems to work as well as
the MS FFB stick. I would like one with the controls arranged a bit
better, but it's not bad.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
>Thanks!

dallas

"boB"
> Yep, and it's coke.

No silly, just flip the keyboard upside down and tap it until all the powder
falls out onto a glass table.

(Man, the VA is prescribing some weird stuff for you. :)

Varmit

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Bob McKellar wrote:

> Seriously, I run keyboards through the dishwasher all the time.
>
> Just don't get in a big hurry to use them again.
>
> Bob McKellar

I don't do it often but I have done it a few times. Had to wait until no
moisture was left before using it again. Seemed to work for me also.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 21:35:23 GMT, Dudley Henriques wrote:
> I swear, it's the same
> mentality you will find in someone who walks up to a complete stranger
> wearing nothing but his birthday suit, then flashes open his raincoat so
> that what he has can be seen.
> In this case.....I'm afraid that ALL he has has been seen!! :))

Now Dudley, how else could he flash his THRUSTMASTER joystick? ;)

Bill

"Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 21:35:23 GMT, Dudley Henriques wrote:
>> I swear, it's the same
>> mentality you will find in someone who walks up to a complete stranger
>> wearing nothing but his birthday suit, then flashes open his raincoat so
>> that what he has can be seen.
>> In this case.....I'm afraid that ALL he has has been seen!! :))
>
> Now Dudley, how else could he flash his THRUSTMASTER joystick? ;)
>
> Bill

<GROAN>

Jay B

"Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message

> Hi Dudley,
>
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:59:02 GMT, you wrote:
>
>> When all the data is in on multiple controllers, and everybody has
>> chimed in with the fact that their setup works perfectly, there is
>> a residual issue that involves specific controllers making "noise"
>> unique to them used with each other that interferes with the
>> multiple use equation...so it's a toss up on using multiple
>> controllers.
>
> Aside from this one problem that I'm pretty sure has to do with the
> fact that my current joystick is wireless (not a conflict with other
> controllers), I'm one of those annoying people who has a "perfectly
> working" multiple controller setup. When I fly my stick controlled
> planes, I use the joystick, rudder pedals, and the
> throttle/prop/mixture levers and the gear/flap switches that are on
> the CH yoke in combination. In fact, with this multiple controller
> setup, I have many more choices to customize the button mapping as I
> please since I don't have to have every function controlled from
> either the yoke or joystick units alone.
>
> I think I will get the wired Logitech WingMan FF joystick to see if it
> makes a positive difference.
>
> Thanks!
>
> - --
> Melissa

Sounds like a plan :))

> Hi Dudley,
>
> On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 02:54:40 GMT, you wrote:
>
>> You know......that's the truth! Just tonight she predicted my future
>> for tomorrow. She told me I'd be in a world of trouble if what she
>> expected to happen to the grass tomorrow didn't happen!!!
>
> Right! After all, how many times does she have to remind you not to
> Bogart that joint!
>
> Oh! *That* grass! Never mind. ;-)

Mel...you're bad!! Go to your room!!!! :)))