Sign in with
Your question

Best Gaming Headset for X-Fi's 'CMSS-3D Headphone'?

Last response: in Components
February 6, 2006 5:41:54 AM

I'm Looking for a good headset (or headphone) For under 100$
Must be very Comfortable (will be wearing it for hours) and good Quality, especially for 3D positional audio, to go with X-FI's 'CMSS-3D Headphone'

Preferably from Logitech, Creative or Sennheiser

Any suggestions appreciated
February 6, 2006 3:39:46 PM

Quote:
I'm Looking for a good headset (or headphone) For under 100$
Must be very Comfortable (will be wearing it for hours) and good Quality, especially for 3D positional audio, to go with X-FI's 'CMSS-3D Headphone'

Preferably from Logitech, Creative or Sennheiser

Any suggestions appreciated

I vote a pair of Senns. The other mfg are not know for good sounding hardware.
I have a pair of Sennheiser 497. They work great for gaming. They are not a s comfortable as others. You will have to look around at what Senns are out now. $100 should get something decent. $150 will get you something good.
February 7, 2006 6:55:32 AM

Thats expensive for me
What about the Sennheiser PC Headsets? I heard they are specifically for gaming
The PC150 has a good price, do they have good quality?(especially for Positional audio?), Does anyone here have any experience with them?
Related resources
February 7, 2006 4:40:22 PM

Quote:
Thats expensive for me
What about the Sennheiser PC Headsets? I heard they are specifically for gaming
The PC150 has a good price, do they have good quality?(especially for Positional audio?), Does anyone here have any experience with them?

I personally have not heard them. But headphones are a personal choice. You should try them out if you can. Some retailers will let you buy them and bring them back if you don't like them. (Make sure you ask before hand) I have a pair of senn 497 and px100 (for my ipod). The mic may or may not be of use to you in lan parties.

The specs on the pc150's show you should be able to drive them fairly well with the x-fi. And, even better if you have a drive bay version. (I think they have a little headphone amp in the drivebay.
February 7, 2006 4:55:20 PM

I have a Boss and Sony headphones there amazing. The Senn I heard are high quality headphones. It's top picks to most DJ's and studios. Quality comes with a price, however it doesn't always means that all expensive headphones are high quality. So you have to research like reviews of the product you're interested in.

But one thing I can tell based on my experience is that the bose headphone I'm using right now is by far the best headphone I have ever had with a price tag around $130-$150. But there are high quality headphone out there for around $85-$100.
February 8, 2006 8:56:34 AM

ziscwg, I've heard good stuff about the PX100 and it's within my budget, Have you tried it with games? how do they sound? how comfortable are they?(do they get tiring after awhile?)
February 8, 2006 4:44:28 PM

Quote:
ziscwg, I've heard good stuff about the PX100 and it's within my budget, Have you tried it with games? how do they sound? how comfortable are they?(do they get tiring after awhile?)

The ones I have sound good. However, try them out if you can. I don't use them for games, I use them with my ipod. I use my hd497 for games.

I have worn my px100s for a 4 hr plane ride. They are comfortable. The do let in outside sound. If you are in a noisy area, they are not that good.

I would buy the px100s again.
!