Xerox Phaser 3121 - printing on both sides.

Hello,

I would like to buy black/while laser printer for home use.
The main objectives is maintenance costs.

After looking around, I found only one sufficiently cheap
printer: Xerox Phaser 3121. It's specs look sufficient for
me, but there are couple of questions I couldn't find an answer
to:

1)It is written in printer's manual, that you are not supposed
to print on pages on which something have already been printed,
because the ink (or whatever was used for printing) could melt. Does
that means that it is impossible to print on both sides of a paper?
For example, if I have a batch of pages to print, I would like to
print uneven pages first, then put those sheets back to the tray,
and print even pages, so that those even pages would be printed on
the other, still unprinted on side.

2) Reading previous posts to the forum, I have seen that it
is not advisable to buy a GDI printer, because those printers
are not portable. Phaser 3121 is such a GDI printer, but it has
drivers for Linux (which is important to me, because I do a lot
of work from Linux). Are there any other deficiencies to GDI printers
except unportability (which does not apply to 3121, because it has
drivers for other OSs).

It is not adviced to print on the same side already printed.
The other side should not be a very big problem.

But since the printer uses a maintanance roller that provides the drum and
with this the paper a very low amount of oil. This is minimal. Also the ink
is made of rasin/wax.
These both components will make the rollers of your printer dirty in time
when you print already printed paper.
The effect is minimal, but when i did print a realy large amount almost full
covered papers on the backside i had this problem one time.