No VPN with DLink DI-804 HV and XP VPN-Client ?

Hi there,

is it really true, that there is no way to make a VPN-Connection work with
DI-804 HV Router on one end and the XP VPN-Client on the other?
I've read so in some usenet articles and also in D-Link user-to-user Forum.

But is that really the truth?

Or has anyone made this configuration work?

Thx in advance

Dieter

"Dieter Schiller" <dsbfd@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> is it really true, that there is no way to make a VPN-Connection work with
> DI-804 HV Router on one end and the XP VPN-Client on the other?
> I've read so in some usenet articles and also in D-Link user-to-user
Forum.

> But is that really the truth?

No.
> Or has anyone made this configuration work?

Yes :) The are instructions on DLINK site.

> Thx in advance
>
> Dieter

> > is it really true, that there is no way to make a VPN-Connection work
with
> > DI-804 HV Router on one end and the XP VPN-Client on the other?
> > I've read so in some usenet articles and also in D-Link user-to-user
> Forum.
> >
> > But is that really the truth?
> >
> No.
> > Or has anyone made this configuration work?
> >
> Yes :) The are instructions on DLINK site.

Thx for that big support.... if I'd found the instruction on DLinkl site
(dlink.com? dlink.de) I wouldn't have asked that silly question.

> > > is it really true, that there is no way to make a VPN-Connection work
> with
> > > DI-804 HV Router on one end and the XP VPN-Client on the other?
> > > I've read so in some usenet articles and also in D-Link user-to-user
> > Forum.
> > >
> > > But is that really the truth?
> > >
> > No.
> > > Or has anyone made this configuration work?
> > >
> > Yes :) The are instructions on DLINK site.
>
> Thx for that big support.... if I'd found the instruction on DLinkl site
> (dlink.com? dlink.de) I wouldn't have asked that silly question.

ftp://ftp.dlink.ru/pub/Router/DI-804HV/Description/804hvwinxp.zip

"Maxim Annenkov" <mea@bbt.ru> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> "Dieter Schiller" <dsbfd@gmx.de> wrote in message
> > with
> > > Forum.

> > > No.
> > > >
> > > Yes :) The are instructions on DLINK site.
> >
> > Thx for that big support.... if I'd found the instruction on DLinkl site
> > (dlink.com? dlink.de) I wouldn't have asked that silly question.
> >

> ftp://ftp.dlink.ru/pub/Router/DI-804HV/Description/804hvwinxp.zip
^^
Too kind, but unluckily I don't speak russian (not a single word, except
'nasdrovje' ;-) )
I've already found the instructions on the DLINK.COM site, but it's the way,
how it _should_ work. But what do to, if not?

Kind regards

Dieter

TRENDING THREADS