whiteboy_vatcol

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
hello, i am currently in college in joplin mo and i have to build a new computer from scratch for a rich old man. there is no price limit and i was wanderin if anyone had any suggestions on a god dual core mother board. u canm respond to whiteboy_vatcol@hotmail.com or fallen_gardian@yahoo.com. any help would e greatly appreciated. Thanx ~ D

crizazykid2

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
this is a forum, so there is no need to provide your email...also this is the cpu section, not the mobo. oh wow, just realized you said dual core mobo! processors some dual core, not mobos. This might be why no one has answered your post (no such thing exists)!

crizazykid2

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
oh, he wanted parts! It was kinda hard to decipher. Nice sig
Thanks man, that's a very good point you came up with :D :D :D

I was thinking also, what the hell is a dual core motherboard????Yeah, I don't have a clue! :p Well, your sig did look good...it is gone now.
Edit
for some reason, it is back! :?:

linux_0

Splendid
:D

It IS a K8WE it is the Thunder K8WE (S2895) not to be confused with the Tiger K8WE (S2877)

The Thunder K8WE (S2895) is better since it has 2 fully functional full speed 16x PCI-Express slots for SLI while the S2877 only has 1 x 16x and 1 x 4x.

The only drawback is the S2895 requires a case that can handle EATX 12x13 while the S2877 is an ATX 12x10 board.

Both require an EPS12 PSU 24pin ATX + 8pin (NOT ATX V2.0 with 24pin + 4pin)

brainysmurf

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
In non-tech speak, a "dual-core motherboard" is any socket 939 or 940 motherboard than can accept a dual-core processor.
In other words, any newer socket 939 motherboard rated for Athlon 64 FX processors should also work well with the X2 cpus, but may need a bios update.
Anyway, I think that's what he meant.
whiteboy_vatcol, I've been very happy with MSI, but lots of folks here prefer ASUS, DFI or Gigabyte.

crizazykid2

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
I think he just does not know much about computers and confused a mobo with a cpu, but that is just my opinion...maybe he could tell us, but he probably wouldn't say "you got it right guys, I'm a total noob" lol.

crizazykid2

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
This may be kinda random, but to put a pic on your sig, you must have your own website, correct? Please tell me the way to do this if I'm wrong, Prozac.

penguin_d

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
Hey,

For the computer I would go:

ThermalTake TaiChi case w/Water cooling
- ASUS A8R - MVP
- FX - 60 (May as well take the high end chip if money is no issue, otherwise I would have said an Opty 170 or better clocked to all high heaven.)
- 2 GB of OCZ or Corsair Ram
- Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
- ATI X1900 Crossfire Master Card
- ATI X1900XTX
- 2 X WD Raptor 150 GB's in RAID 0
- Seagate 7200.8 400GB
- LG "Superdrive" DVD RW (Silver if you can find it)
- LG DVDROM Drive (Once again silver if you can find it...)
- Depending how old he is and if he wants his tape collection encoded to his PC (http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/audio/7a8d/)
- The conversion kit for the TaiChi Case to allow the water cooling to be applied to the Crossfire setup as well
- PC Power and Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW

That's a good starting point, and that system will pretty much stomp any game/CAD/3D rendering operation into dust really fast.

I wish I could have that rig... (Including the tape deck cause I have way to many DJ mixtapes...)

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
This may be kinda random, but to put a pic on your sig, you must have your own website, correct? Please tell me the way to do this if I'm wrong, Prozac.
No, you're right. But there are free image hosting places out there so that you don't actually need your 'own' site.

crizazykid2

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
No, you're right. But there are free image hosting places out there so that you don't actually need your 'own' site.Can you put any size image on thses sites? Also, can go provide a link(s) to a good site?