FS and LCD monitors

Looking for my first LCD monitor for FS2004. Had a 17"CRT until it died.

Am I right in thinking that a low refresh rate is needed. The LCD I have my
eye on is a 17" with a refresh rate of 12.5ms.

Any recommendations, or advice on what I should be looking for, or should I
stick with CRT for FS, or are LCD's just as good these days

Only got £140 ($250) to spend

Thanks

Clive
3 answers Last reply
More about monitors

    Clive,

    I've been using an LCD for FS2004 for some time now (actually two of
    them) with a radeon 9700 - I can highly recommend that configuration.
    Takes up much less real estate on your desk and when using two monitor
    configuration works real well.

    Ian
    www.fstv.us

    On 18-Apr-2005, "Clive" <someone@nospam.com> wrote:

    > Looking for my first LCD monitor for FS2004. Had a 17"CRT until it died.
    >
    > Am I right in thinking that a low refresh rate is needed. The LCD I have
    > my
    > eye on is a 17" with a refresh rate of 12.5ms.
    >
    > Any recommendations, or advice on what I should be looking for, or should
    > stick with CRT for FS, or are LCD's just as good these days
    >
    > Only got £140 ($250) to spend
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Clive

    At that price try the Medion 17 inch monitor from Aldi Supermarket.
    It's very good but you may need to look hard for a branch that still has
    some in stock.
    You can get old style CRT monitors for pennies on ebay ; nobody wants them
    now !

LCD Monitors CRT Monitors Video Games Product