BEFVP41 & WinXP Pro/Home

Ryan

I've got the Linksys BEFVP41 router and two PC's, one WinXP Pro and
one WinXP Home. I'm having trouble establishing a VPN connection with
either PC. The router is set with both "remote secure group" and
"remote security" to "any". On the XP Pro PC, I've set up an IPSec
Security Policy however I still can't connect. The XP Home PC is even
more of a problem since there isn't an secpol.msc tool to setup the
IPSec Security Policy.

Has anyone been successful with setting this up before with this
router and these Operating Systems? Any hints, suggestions, etc.
would be a huge help!
Thanks in advance for your time and help.
--Ryan

ryanscheller(at)comcast.net

The instructions for this are posted at www.linksys.com. Browse the knowlege
base for answer ID# 207 These instructions are for XP Pro. On the XP Home
station, instead of running "sepcol", run "mmc" then go to "file" and "add
snap in", choose IP Security Policy, the the instructions from here are the
same as XP Pro.

Mark

"Ryan" <scheller@student.umass.edu> wrote in message
> I've got the Linksys BEFVP41 router and two PC's, one WinXP Pro and
> one WinXP Home. I'm having trouble establishing a VPN connection with
> either PC. The router is set with both "remote secure group" and
> "remote security" to "any". On the XP Pro PC, I've set up an IPSec
> Security Policy however I still can't connect. The XP Home PC is even
> more of a problem since there isn't an secpol.msc tool to setup the
> IPSec Security Policy.
>
> Has anyone been successful with setting this up before with this
> router and these Operating Systems? Any hints, suggestions, etc.
> would be a huge help!
> Thanks in advance for your time and help.
> --Ryan
>
> ryanscheller(at)comcast.net

TRENDING THREADS