Is it true that there is an aircraft carrier in FS2002, and if so, where?

canuck

Distinguished
May 27, 2001

If memory serves - it is off the coast near San Fransisco

"Steven Jones" <stevenj76@aapt.net.au> wrote in message
> Is it true that there is an aircraft carrier in FS2002, and if so, where?

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

You can download others from flightsim.com & avsim.com along with "arrestor
cables".

"Steven Jones" <stevenj76@aapt.net.au> wrote in message
> Is it true that there is an aircraft carrier in FS2002, and if so, where?

crash

Steven Jones wrote:
> Is it true that there is an aircraft carrier in FS2002, and if so,
> where?

Take of San Francisco runway 28, stay on runway heading ~16nm and you'll see
this:

www.cox-internet.com/tazman/j3cva.jpg

Cheers'n Beers... [_])
Don

In FS2002 the USS Carl Vinson is located off the south coast of
Maui, Hawaii. 190* from Kahului, past the smaller island. The
carrier has a working ILS - 110.30. With the C172, full flaps at
55 kts IAS on short final, you should have little trouble landing
to a full stop on the deck.

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Will also be helpful if you set a head wind of about 10-12 miles per hour to
simulate the carrier steaming in to the wind.

"id" <taurus@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> In FS2002 the USS Carl Vinson is located off the south coast of
> Maui, Hawaii. 190* from Kahului, past the smaller island. The
> carrier has a working ILS - 110.30. With the C172, full flaps at
> 55 kts IAS on short final, you should have little trouble landing
> to a full stop on the deck.

peter

"Steven Jones" <stevenj76@aapt.net.au> wrote in message
> Is it true that there is an aircraft carrier in FS2002, and if so, where?

how about fs2004?

"Peter" wrote:

> how about fs2004?

No default carrier, but addons available. Freeware and payware.
Both need the arrestor-cables tool, which is no longer freeware in
newer versions. (AFAIK)

Jan

crash

Jan Berg wrote:
> "Peter" wrote:
>
>> how about fs2004?
>
> No default carrier, but addons available. Freeware and payware.
> Both need the arrestor-cables tool, which is no longer freeware in
> newer versions. (AFAIK)

The carrier is by San Francisco in 2004 also

canuck

Distinguished
May 27, 2001

Damn - I would have thought by then it would have steamed off to the Red
Sea!

DANNY wrote:

> Will also be helpful if you set a head wind of about 10-12 miles per hour to
> simulate the carrier steaming in to the wind.

35 knots headwind would be more like it....

Also, there are a couple of arrestor cable addons that are still
freeware. One is called "3wire_1.0.zip" and the other "RCBco-11.zip"

Paul

crash

Gypsy Baron wrote:

> 35 knots headwind would be more like it....

Maybe with 15-20 knots carrier speed and 15-20 knots wind speed...........

Then you have good chance if making it in with the Lear, provided
you have fast reflexes.

crash

ID wrote:
> Then you have good chance if making it in with the Lear, provided
> you have fast reflexes.
You can do it with the Lear even with no wind, just have to "cheat" - use
the entire flight deck, drop in on #1 wire at stall speed (but DO NOT
bounce), have the brakes locked and reverse thrust on before the wheels
touch........

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:22:44 -0500, "CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com>
postulated :
>Gypsy Baron wrote:
>>
>> 35 knots headwind would be more like it....
>>

>Maybe with 15-20 knots carrier speed and 15-20 knots wind speed...........

Based on my experience on the Intrepid, Forrestal, Saratoga and
Independence that would be the least over the deck wind.

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Now we see how you got the nickname.

> ID wrote:
> > Then you have good chance if making it in with the Lear, provided
> > you have fast reflexes.
> You can do it with the Lear even with no wind, just have to "cheat" - use
> the entire flight deck, drop in on #1 wire at stall speed (but DO NOT
> bounce), have the brakes locked and reverse thrust on before the wheels
> touch........

Colin

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002

> > Is it true that there is an aircraft carrier in FS2002, and if so,
where?

> how about fs2004?

What is the add on called Carrier Operations like?

Carriers are something else that needs to be optimised for future versions
of FS IMHO. Thinking back, was it FS98 or FS2000 that offered a couple of
aircraft carrier adventures? I can remember one that challenged you to fly a
helicopter through the hanger deck and along the inside of the carrier and
out the other side ... I actually managed it, and that's something I could
never manage with the current Helicopter modelling in FS2004 (Again
something that needs attention in the next ver of FS) even the old Flight
Unlimited II/III managed carriers better than FS2004 does.

I avoid Helicopters in FS2004 like the plague.

I found the carrier but that ILS frequency doesn't seem to work. Are you
sure it's the right frequency?

I just confirmed it - Carl Vinson ILS = 110.30 Mhz. FS2002.

in the san diego harbor there is a aircraft carrier you can accually
land on, also in the hawii islands, but a 747 is pretty hard to land
on it. go for it

thepipe

thepipe@thepipeshoppe.com wrote:
> in the san diego harbor there is a aircraft carrier you can accually
> land on, also in the hawii islands, but a 747 is pretty hard to land
> on it. go for it
>
> thepipe
>
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 06:26:20 +1000, "Steven Jones"
> <stevenj76@aapt.net.au> wrote:
>

>>Is it true that there is an aircraft carrier in FS2002, and if so, where?

fly out of the San Francisco Bay. Either over or under the Golden Gate
keep going West and you'll find it. I was doing a tourist flight the
other night and found it.