2) Is XP SP2 stable enough to use with FS2004 9.1?

--
Will
Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com

Sorry for the wrong title on this one! I'm changing in this
response to Windows XP instead of Windows 98.

--
Will
Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com

"Will" <DELETE_westes@earthbroadcast.com> wrote in message
> I am putting together a new system that I am dedicating to just
> gaming. Since Windows tends to be a disposable operating
> system that starts to die the day you install it, I figured it
> was better to have a simple stable configuration for just
FS2004.
> Because some planes now require Windows XP, I am thinking of
> having two different boot devices: one with XP and one with
> Windows 2000. MS FS2004 I would put on a D: drive behind a
RAID

"Will" wrote:

> [..]
> 1) If In install FS2004 from both Windows XP and Windows 2000 to
> the same location, from that point on will new aircraft that I
> install generally be completely runnable just from the files that
> they install under FS2004 install path, or do many airplanes
> require you to have registry entries in addition to the files?
> I'm hoping I can install from one of the two OS, and then use
> from either.

Will,

1. That is possible, but it makes no sense in my opinion.
2. I dind't know a single addon-aircraft, that needs a
registry-entry, and even fs9 don't need one. So you
could use all addons from both operating-systems.

I also have two OS installed, but in another matter
(availability).

> 2) Is XP SP2 stable enough to use with FS2004 9.1?

There is no better operating-system available then XP for
all new windows-games. Windows 2000 isn't a good
choice for gaming and windows 98 isn't just worth to
talk about it anymore.

Jan

Hi Will

If you want to dual boot why not install XP on both drives; I didn't have
any problem; not sure how this fits in with the EULA but it let me activate
OK. When you have finished you can edit the boot.ini file and change system
title to FS!

Chris