Sign in with
Your question

a8r-mvp question

Last response: in Motherboards
February 7, 2006 1:59:29 AM

ok so i built my first pc (specs to follow). Everything seamed to go fine except that on post it said cpu fan failed but the fan was running so i turned off monitor in bios and post went fine. Also the PC Probe Software that comes with the mobo says that the cpu fan and the power fan are both not working but they are. is there anything i can do to fix this problem. All the fans came with Armor case except the cpu fan is a panasonic 120mm and im pretty sure i have them plugged in correctly.

also is there any software tool i can run to check the setup for speed and such or is it pretty much a "seat of the pants" type of thing.

As a side note is there a primer to go to learn the basics of overclocking...id like to attempt it as safely as i can.

mobo-a8r-mvp
cpu-64x2 4800+
GPU-sapphire x1900
mem-2gig corsair pro
hdd- dual 74gig WD raptor drives RAID0
CPU HSF is an SI-120 with a 120mm panasonic fan
all other fans came with the thermaltake armor case

More about : a8r mvp question

February 7, 2006 2:57:43 AM

google speedfan mbm5 and or CPU-Z

Good Luck!
February 7, 2006 6:33:45 AM

O try a bios update, or update asus monitor.
Related resources
February 8, 2006 8:08:21 PM

Quote:
ok so i built my first pc (specs to follow). Everything seamed to go fine except that on post it said cpu fan failed but the fan was running so i turned off monitor in bios and post went fine. Also the PC Probe Software that comes with the mobo says that the cpu fan and the power fan are both not working but they are. is there anything i can do to fix this problem. All the fans came with Armor case except the cpu fan is a panasonic 120mm and im pretty sure i have them plugged in correctly.

also is there any software tool i can run to check the setup for speed and such or is it pretty much a "seat of the pants" type of thing.

As a side note is there a primer to go to learn the basics of overclocking...id like to attempt it as safely as i can.

mobo-a8r-mvp
cpu-64x2 4800+
GPU-sapphire x1900
mem-2gig corsair pro
hdd- dual 74gig WD raptor drives RAID0
CPU HSF is an SI-120 with a 120mm panasonic fan
all other fans came with the thermaltake armor case

Since it is an aftermarket fan, maybe it doesnt have the 3 wire needed. 2 for power, one for speed sensor. If you have only 2 wires, then tour board cannot have an idea about if it is working or not.
February 8, 2006 11:18:37 PM

when u use a 120mm, it runs at a significantly lower rpm. like 900-2600 rpm but stock fan runs at 2000-5500 rpm or so.

assuming, your fan has the sensor 3rd pin, and plugged in the cpu fan power,

running too low could end up with a "not working" in bios or asus pc probe.
!