Sign in with
Your question

Air Raids cause Israel to shut down Intel plant.

Last response: in Forum Feedback
July 27, 2006 7:42:27 PM

Does anyone think this will have an affect on production of the Core2 duo and Merom? I honestly don't know what is being produced in Israel. I hear about this on Fox News just now, as it was on the television in the background.
July 27, 2006 7:52:47 PM

i heard they got moved to bomb shelters but i didn't know they ahd shut everything down.

as to supply, i thought it was just research that got done there. i assumed there fab's were elsewhere.
July 27, 2006 7:55:35 PM

Yes the fabs are elsewhere. There is a test fab there, but the volume productions fabs that are making most of Core 2's are in Oregon, Arizona, and Ireland.
July 27, 2006 7:56:14 PM

I did a little research and found there were two fabs over there, fab 18 and fab 28. I don't know what these fabs currently produce though.

Edit: Fab 28 appears to be either newly completed or is still in construction, and will be working on 45nm processors.
July 27, 2006 7:58:39 PM

Your post showed up while I was writing mine. So, no Core 2 production in Isreal. I guess that's semi good news. Doesn't help those poor folks in Israel though. :( 
July 27, 2006 8:02:40 PM

poor folks in israel :? . uh wrong side of the border there i think.
July 27, 2006 8:06:37 PM

Come again?
July 27, 2006 8:08:12 PM

i mean it should be poor folks in lebanon. a few loosely guided rockets aint the same as "precision" airstrikes. say, to target U.N peacekeepers.
July 27, 2006 8:11:20 PM

Quote:
i mean it should be poor folks in lebanon. a few loosely guided rockets aint the same as "precision" airstrikes. say, to target U.N peacekeepers.

A few? Try 1600+.
July 27, 2006 8:14:37 PM

I know that there's a good-sized wireless division over there. We get most of our test cards from Israel and send some back to them for modifications. Not too sure what else is there...
July 27, 2006 8:22:37 PM

Quote:
i mean it should be poor folks in lebanon.

The Israelis aren't trying to mass-murder the Lebanese people; they're just trying to take out Hesbolah and their followers. If Hesbolah hadn't captured the two soldiers, none of this would be happening.
July 27, 2006 8:25:45 PM

Alright, let's keep the STFUs and personal attacks on people's mothers (not directed at you, just a preemptive shh...) out of this one.
July 27, 2006 8:28:41 PM

uh-hu of course. you do realise israel have probably been looking for a tiny excuse to invade lebanon to "stabilise" the region. even one of the captured soldiers fathers said his sons capture had nothing to do with the reaction or scale of it.

what about these all the lebanese"terrorists" that israel captured in the previous months and years. do they matter. israel has always been the aggressor and everyone knows it.

oh and trust me. they are under the guise of defense trying to weaken the infastructure of all lebanon. mass murder is their game. look at the way they force the palenstines to live. the best you could call it is the largest concentration camps ever. for once they have a bit of power and are doing to others what they have had done to them and they enjoy it.
July 27, 2006 8:35:30 PM

Don't you mean, revinvade Lebanon? Israel only left Lebanon 6 years ago and now they are considering going back in. In the last war when Israel was attacked by every surrounding Arab country they greatly increased the size of their country. Where do you think the west bank and gaza strip came from? I think Israel blew everything out of proportion and is killing thousands of lebanese because of two soldiers, seems a little extreme to me.
July 27, 2006 8:42:24 PM

I feel sorry for both sides. Just dumb like this, too much fevor to make any real peace possible....but yeah with the design facility there, i think there maybe a delay in the new chips after conroe. Just me though.......
July 27, 2006 8:55:26 PM

tbh which country hasn't israel invaded. i also doubt those israeli troops were even on there side of the border when they were captured. perhaps they were on israeli's version of what the border should be.

i shouldn't have made this so political. but i think israel is a little big for their boots considering without american support they would be dead in the water.
July 27, 2006 9:11:31 PM

A few things from somebody who actually lives in Israel:

1) Intel's Fab 18 and Fab 28 which is in construction are in Qiryat Gat which is in the south so no danger ever there!!
The development division - those who actually developed the Dothan technology is in Haifa which is under fire so YES this part may be out of work (because Haifa citizens have to go down in shelters every time that is a wave of rockets coming ).

2) To the political / ideological part of this thread - Israel didn't ever wanted any war with Lebanon (it still doesn't) it was forced on us by a TERRORIST GROUP which every day shoots hundreds of rockets on CIVILIANS on every town or setllement it can, with the clearly purpose to kill everyone it can reach without discrimination - israeli, jew, arab, muslim or other religion or race!!
So we have the right to defence ourselfs even if we have to enter Lebanon again - a thing which we don't want to but again we have no choice!
Don't forget Israel left Lebanon 6 years ago peacefully with the hope that we will be good neighbours,, but some terrorist group have other ideas!!

What would America do if Los Angeles, Dallas and other major cities would be bombarded DAY BY DAY ???
Al Quida bombed New York and it ended with a three year war in Iraq half of the globe away!!!

About the "precision strikes" of Israel they are precise so they will hit only the Hisbollah targets and not to damage/kill civilians !! Plus the fact that Israel WARNS the civilians - actually everybody that a region will be attacked so people can actually leave the place - even if they are terrorists!! they want to destroy the terrorist infrastructure not Lebanons one!!

Just a few facts from Israel!!
July 27, 2006 9:12:55 PM

Quote:

You're exactly right. Loosely guided rockets kill indiscriminately. In fact, those rockets are pretty worthless against military targets and instead are meant to kill and terrorize civilians. Yep, sure makes me want to feel sorry for that side!

"Precision" airstrikes (though not perfect) are meant to minimize civilian casualities. Hell, Israel drops leaflets telling people to clear out prior to air strikes. They're fighting an enemy that hides behind women and children... is it really that surprising that civilians are being killed in the crossfire?

Come on... what idiot thought it'd be a good idea to capture two Israeli soldiers? There were plenty of opportunities to avoid this... Israel will bomb 'em back to the stone age.

Israel gave us Core and Core 2... anything good ever come out of Lebanon?
July 27, 2006 9:32:33 PM

Quote:
uh-hu of course. you do realise israel have probably been looking for a tiny excuse to invade lebanon to "stabilise" the region. even one of the captured soldiers fathers said his sons capture had nothing to do with the reaction or scale of it.

what about these all the lebanese"terrorists" that israel captured in the previous months and years. do they matter. israel has always been the aggressor and everyone knows it.

oh and trust me. they are under the guise of defense trying to weaken the infastructure of all lebanon. mass murder is their game. look at the way they force the palenstines to live. the best you could call it is the largest concentration camps ever. for once they have a bit of power and are doing to others what they have had done to them and they enjoy it.

I think you have a very distorted sense of middle eastern history and ignorance of its politics.
July 27, 2006 9:47:24 PM

Quote:
without american support they would be dead in the water.

Yeah, kind of like you would be speaking German or Russian right not without American support in WWI/WWII/Cold War, etc.

And yes, you have made this too political...my rant stops now.
July 27, 2006 9:50:46 PM

Quote:

I think you have a very distorted sense of middle eastern history and ignorance of its politics.

Amen, brother!
July 27, 2006 9:55:39 PM

Quote:

Amen, brother!

eh agreed

gg
July 27, 2006 9:56:58 PM

Quote:

Word
July 27, 2006 9:58:04 PM

Quote:
Your post showed up while I was writing mine. So, no Core 2 production in Isreal. I guess that's semi good news. Doesn't help those poor folks in Israel though. :( 

Are you from the government or something?
July 27, 2006 9:59:41 PM

Tyre, and Lebanese women!
July 27, 2006 9:59:48 PM

hmm you and everyone else seems to think israel is a peace loving nation which is not true IMO. also who cares if they frop leaflets before hand. this terrorist group as you call it do not represent the lebanese people and trust me when i say it is them who will suffer.

notice i highlighted precision. they are anything but.

oh and bixplus. no offence but russia had no intention of invading very little and in case you have forgot, before you guys entered the war we had already stopped germany invading the u.k.

sorry but you guys just seem to think the arabs and other people of that region are all evil and that israel actually has a right to be there. wtf is wrong with you all.
July 27, 2006 10:01:28 PM

Quote:

The Israelis aren't trying to mass-murder the Lebanese people; they're just trying to take out Hesbolah and their followers. If Hesbolah hadn't captured the two soldiers, none of this would be happening.

I have yet to see one picture of an isreal attack that did hit hesbollah! All I saw was peoples homes and job places!
July 27, 2006 10:12:59 PM

Quote:
hmm you and everyone else seems to think israel is a peace loving nation which is not true IMO. also who cares if they frop leaflets before hand. this terrorist group as you call it do not represent the lebanese people and trust me when i say it is them who will suffer.

oh and bixplus. no offence but russia had no intention of invading very little and in case you have forgot, before you guys entered the war we had already stopped germany invading the u.k.

sorry but you guys just seem to think the arabs and other people of that region are all evil and that israel actually has a right to be there. wtf is wrong with you all.

"no offence but russia had no intention of invading very little and in case you have forgot"

Then what was the commintern?

Actually, the Germans were wining the battle of Britain, until a miss-directed raid hit London. Capital cities were agreed upon not to be bombed, so it angered Churchill and he send bombers to Berlin in retaliation. That angered Hitler, and so he switched to civilian targets instead of military, that was a very poor decision because it gave the British pilots time to rest, repair and recover. The only reason Britain wasn’t invaded was because of an accident.

Also don’t be so high and mighty about it, there were American volunteers fighting for you guys. I don’t think the Arabs are evil, but Israel isn’t ether. If I remember correctly it was always the Middle Eastern countries around Israel declaring war first.
July 27, 2006 10:14:40 PM

Quote:
oh and bixplus. no offence but russia had no intention of invading very little and in case you have forgot,

Uhm...Russia was bent on world domination, and still is. The U.S. was the only power standing in the way of them rolling over Europe after and since WWII.

Quote:

before you guys entered the war we had already stopped germany invading the u.k.

Oh, I see. So, the U.S. didn't really even need to get involved at all then, I guess. Apparently the U.K had it all under control. Wrong. The U.K did nothing to bring the war to an end. Only after the U.S. entered the war did it cease. You're welcome.

Quote:

Who has said this? No one has even made this arguement. Don't assume what hasn't been stated.
July 27, 2006 10:14:58 PM

Quote:

I have yet to see one picture of an isreal attack that did hit hesbollah! All I saw was peoples homes and job places!

Cause thats were hesbollah is, they dont build bases out in the open, no terrorist organization does.
July 27, 2006 10:19:40 PM

Quote:

"no offence but russia had no intention of invading very little and in case you have forgot"

Then what was the commintern?

Actually, the Germans were wining the battle of Britain, until a miss-directed raid hit London. Capital cities were agreed upon not to be bombed, so it angered Churchill and he send bombers to Berlin in retaliation. That angered Hitler, and so he switched to civilian targets instead of military, that was a very poor decision because it gave the British pilots time to rest, repair and recover. The only reason Britain wasn’t invaded was because of an accident.

Also don’t be so high and mighty about it, there were American volunteers fighting for you guys. I don’t think the Arabs are evil, but Israel isn’t ether. If I remember correctly it was always the Middle Eastern countries around Israel declaring war first.

Agreed, great points. Additionally, Germany was spread too thin to wage a successful war on some many fronts at once...U.K., Russia, Africa, etc. It simply didn't have the resources to address the U.K. appropriately. This is also the primary reason that Germany allied with Japan...purely an alliance of convenience.
July 27, 2006 10:19:48 PM

Quote:
Uhm...Russia was bent on world domination, and still is. The U.S. was the only power standing in the way of them rolling over Europe after and since WWII

the cold war is over. if you actually believe that you need to have yourself sectioned.
July 27, 2006 10:25:10 PM

Quote:
Uhm...Russia was bent on world domination, and still is. The U.S. was the only power standing in the way of them rolling over Europe after and since WWII

the cold war is over. if you actually believe that you need to have yourself sectioned.

Not sure what you're implying here. But, no, I don't think the cold war is over. Putin is old KGB and there are too many Cold War alliances still brewing to believe that(e.g., Russia-Iran-China-Syria-Cuba, etc.).
July 27, 2006 10:26:53 PM

I'm replying in general, not to any one individual.

Sitting in the US or UK or wherever, it is virtually impossible to understand the feelings and historic emotion of the region. You have to have lived there and immersed your surroundings, and even then you don't have anywhere near the full picture. People who think that this is about 2 captured soldiers or some rockets are way way off track. People who think precision-guided weapons are a good thing combined with leaflets telling civilians to leave when all exits routes have been cutoff are misguided. People thinking that Hesbolah are freedom fighters with a just cause have no idea.

Have your opinions - fine - this isn't the place for them anyway. But I'd be surprised if there are 5 people on this forum that can begin to understand the nature of the conflict, and more impotantly, the consequences of it. I certainly don't pretend to. These blase comments just cheapen a really very serious situation and humaitarian crisis. Most here have no idea what it is like, and never will experience anything like it either.
July 27, 2006 10:34:18 PM

Well, the cold war is over, even if russia still wants to. Russia is almost competely economicly collaped and is rife with crime. But I do see the worry, putan took more power, just flat out took it for himself, which is rather concerning. China isnt intrusted in war with us, altho they want formosa, China needs to focus on expanding, they are slowly turning into a capitalist economy [not democratic tho :? ]. Cuba and vietnam, well, just dont care.
July 27, 2006 10:35:16 PM

While I didn't necessarily agree with the creation of Israel in the Middle East, the way their enemies conduct themselves give me no reason to support them. I understand being angry over the creation of a Jewish state on what was their land, but you aren't making yourself look good to the free world by senselessly killing women and children. If these terrorist groups ever want us to listen to them, they should consider a new approach.
July 27, 2006 10:36:33 PM

Quote:
Most here have no idea what it is like, and never will experience anything like it either.

trust me when i say i never want to.

nice well balanced post. i just get annoyed by people putting up one side of the argument as if the lebanses don't matter casue a certain group inhabit their region.
July 27, 2006 10:39:57 PM

Quote:
I'm replying in general, not to any one individual.

Sitting in the US or UK or wherever, it is virtually impossible to understand the feelings and historic emotion of the region. You have to have lived there and immersed your surroundings, and even then you don't have anywhere near the full picture. People who think that this is about 2 captured soldiers or some rockets are way way off track. People who think precision-guided weapons are a good thing combined with leaflets telling civilians to leave when all exits routes have been cutoff are misguided. People thinking that Hesbolah are freedom fighters with a just cause have no idea.

Have your opinions - fine - this isn't the place for them anyway. But I'd be surprised if there are 5 people on this forum that can begin to understand the nature of the conflict, and more impotantly, the consequences of it. I certainly don't pretend to. These blase comments just cheapen a really very serious situation and humaitarian crisis. Most here have no idea what it is like, and never will experience anything like it either.

Quite true, it is hard. There is alot more going on there them most know, like how the jew-arab conflict has been around sense abraham's time.
July 27, 2006 10:42:07 PM

yes, your right but as long as people know it takes two t tango and israel aint innocent.

the problem is i know if the arab nations all behaved like saints they would still not get support or be treated fairly. the only way they will be listened to is if it is to say they will do what we tell them.

also we are in a situation where israel needs to be supported as due to its previous actions if the international community withdrew it support israel would be in deep shit. they could not sustain their attitude or actions and would be destroyed within a few years.

a sad situation IMO. note that might be over reacting saying israel would be destroyed but it could happen.
July 27, 2006 10:44:24 PM

They do matter and do suffer uncessisarily, but thats because hezbola lives with them as part of the population. If there are deaths its probably because hezbola is using them as cover.
July 27, 2006 10:48:43 PM

ah to hell with it let them kill each other. we should clear out a small area put all the leaders of the nations in it with a gun and let them fight it out.

this is always the thing i wonder. who actually wants to fight. is it the people of the nation or leaders of the nation who have an ego rivalling the size of their nation.
July 27, 2006 10:49:09 PM

That remind me of the US invading Irank in the name of freedom :roll: (yeah right...) and just taking the oil in exchange of that freedom.

If americans or poeple from iraq die in the procces of takeov.... sry freedom i mean, is ok because everyone is replaceble....... /sarcasm
July 27, 2006 10:52:45 PM

Quote:
yes, your right but as long as people know it takes two t tango and israel aint innocent.

the problem is i know if the arab nations all behaved like saints they would still not get support or be treated fairly. the only way they will be listened to is if it is to say they will do what we tell them.

also we are in a situation where israel needs to be supported as due to its previous actions if the international community withdrew it support israel would be in deep ****. they could not sustain their attitude or actions and would be destroyed within a few years.

a sad situation IMO. note that might be over reacting saying israel would be destroyed but it could happen.

I don’t think Israel would be destroyed. Israel has the best intelligence operation in the world (they were telling us what the soviets were doing!) and a Spartan style army. Every man and woman ether has been, will be, or is in the military. The Arabic countries have shown in battle that their military and equipment is equivalent to militia by our standards.
July 27, 2006 10:55:59 PM

at the very least they wouldn't have the capabilties to lauch offensives like they are doing. i do not think they ahve the capabilites to make all that ammo and weapons all by themselves.
July 27, 2006 10:56:22 PM

Quote:
I did a little research and found there were two fabs over there, fab 18 and fab 28. I don't know what these fabs currently produce though.

Edit: Fab 28 appears to be either newly completed or is still in construction, and will be working on 45nm processors.

A correction for you, Fab 8 is located in Jerusalem it produces legacy logic and MEMS, it is a 350nm 500nm 700-1000nm facility. Fab 18 is located in Qiryat Gat it produces logic and flash it is a 180nm 90nm facility. Fab 28 which is still under construction estimated completion 2008 will produce logic and be a 45nm facility
July 27, 2006 10:57:34 PM

Quote:

Tell that to the UN observers that died on a intentional attack from Israel.
July 27, 2006 10:59:22 PM

you would be surprised how much they have stock.
July 27, 2006 10:59:36 PM

i already mentioned that but no one seemd to pick up on it, strange eh.
July 27, 2006 11:00:19 PM

Quote:

Word.
They Are War Mongers Who Else Could Ignore The UN's Authority Other Than The US!
!