excel passwords

September 17, 2004 11:38:39 AM

How do I setup a password on an excell doc either on the
desktop or the ppc and have the password option work when
sync-ing one to the other?

My problem is that the password get lost in the sync and
either the ppc file or the desktop file comes out of the
sync unprotected.

Any suggestions appreciated.

More about : excel passwords

Anonymous
September 17, 2004 3:01:18 PM

Kane,

There is no way for you to do this unfortunately. Technically you could
just have ActiveSync not convert the file from a Pocket Excel file to an
Excel file but then you couldn't do much with it on the desktop so it is of
little use.

PlanMaker from SoftMaker has a whole gaggle of features and is able to
password and keep the password during synchronization as well as charting
and almost any formula you can think of. You can read a review of it on my
site and go to http://www.softmaker.com to find out more information.

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch