Odd temps

dizman

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2006
According to this guardian thing that came with my DFI mobo my cpu (Opteron165 dualcore) is running at 29-30C idle and my chipset idle is 48-50C! The chipset seems a little extreme to me, on the one had it is right between the end of my two 7800GTs but it's always in the path of airflow from the 140mm fan in the front of the case?

So was wondering what people thought and how reliabe is this program anyway, temps seem to flux a lot

Oh and when I turn on up the chipset fan to full it says it's at 7800rpm, which seems high to me for about a 30mm fan but then I don't really know what a good speed for that would be.

Cunninglinguist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
I just checked my mobo temps using PC Wizard it says my mobo is 208C (otherwise, it is a very nice program). The bios seems to be a bit more acurate.

Smaller fans tend to rotate faster to make up for their size.

50 seems a little high, although you didn't post your specs, but nothing to worry about. When I get odd temps, I use the very scientific method of touching components with my finger to gauge heat.

dizman

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2006
Yea I checked the BIOS it has the same temps too!? I'll try that program after I get home from work.

BTW what is PWM IC temp? It says mine is 36C

So SmartGuardian says

CPU: 28C (Opteron 165 on ZalmanCNPS9500)
PWMIC: 36C
CHIPSET: now down to 46-47C but still too high, especially if I want to OC to at least 2.6Ghz, right?

And that is with the chipset fan being set to make speed, will that fry out that fan faster? (DFI UT NF4 DR SLI Expert mobo)