Canon i860 magenta problem

Hello! I've had my Canon printer for a couple of months and I love
it BUT all my photos have a slight magenta tinge to them. it's a bit
annoying when white turns out pink! how can I fix this?

thanks!

I don't have any answers, but here are a few questions that might point you
in the right direction. What are the paper type settings and does this
happen with different papers? Which printing application are you using? Have
you run a printhead nozzle check? It's possible there may be a blockage of
other colors which would result in more magenta being visible.
--
Ron Cohen

"Kathy" <galahh@juno.com> wrote in message
> Hello! I've had my Canon printer for a couple of months and I love
> it BUT all my photos have a slight magenta tinge to them. it's a bit
> annoying when white turns out pink! how can I fix this?
>
> thanks!

---
AVG reports Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

"Kathy" <galahh@juno.com> wrote in message
> Hello! I've had my Canon printer for a couple of months and I love
> it BUT all my photos have a slight magenta tinge to them. it's a bit
> annoying when white turns out pink! how can I fix this?
>
> thanks!

Carefully clean the docking pads as some leeching across colors has always
been apparent even from the first Canons such as my reluctant S-820. It
still won't produce B/W photos without a magenta cast.
Trimming down Magenta ink does work sometimes ? cleaning the docking pads
with tissue is a real issue but that works for a few prints. But Canon do
have Naff print heads period.
Tony
Spit less spotlets - spotless inkjet prints...
http://www.aah-haa.com 30% more ink
http://www.inkylinkusa.com

"Tony" <auct1@pantsaah-haa.com> wrote in message news:<gemdnZcJFvFOfjfcRVn-qw@nildram.net>...
> --
> "Kathy" <galahh@juno.com> wrote in message
> > Hello! I've had my Canon printer for a couple of months and I love
> > it BUT all my photos have a slight magenta tinge to them. it's a bit
> > annoying when white turns out pink! how can I fix this?
> >
> > thanks!
>
> Carefully clean the docking pads as some leeching across colors has always
> been apparent even from the first Canons such as my reluctant S-820. It
> still won't produce B/W photos without a magenta cast.
> Trimming down Magenta ink does work sometimes ? cleaning the docking pads
> with tissue is a real issue but that works for a few prints. But Canon do
> have Naff print heads period.
> Tony
> Spit less spotlets - spotless inkjet prints...
> http://www.aah-haa.com 30% more ink
> http://www.inkylinkusa.com

I have the exact same type of problem with a Canon i960. It is not
just an issue with contamination because the photo magenta resev. has
nearly been emptied after printing about 35 - 40 4 X 6" photo's. Most
all the prints have a slight redish hue, particularly flesh tones.
Anybody have any ideas on how to get the photo color to match what is
viewed on the monitor before printing?

Thanks

"Tony" <auct1@pantsaah-haa.com> wrote in message

> --
> "Kathy" <galahh@juno.com> wrote in message
>> Hello! I've had my Canon printer for a couple of months and I love
>> it BUT all my photos have a slight magenta tinge to them. it's a bit
>> annoying when white turns out pink! how can I fix this?
>>
>> thanks!
>
> Carefully clean the docking pads as some leeching across colors has always
> been apparent even from the first Canons such as my reluctant S-820. It
> still won't produce B/W photos without a magenta cast.
> Trimming down Magenta ink does work sometimes ? cleaning the docking pads
> with tissue is a real issue but that works for a few prints. But Canon do
> have Naff print heads period.

Done properly, B&W prints without magenta tinting is in fact possible.
I also do not know that I would jump right at mucking with the purge area
(docking pads) when this may cause damage and there are plenty of other more
simple possiblilites which have already been pointed out.

On 28 Nov 2004 21:19:18 -0800, galahh@juno.com (Kathy) wrote:

>Hello! I've had my Canon printer for a couple of months and I love
>it BUT all my photos have a slight magenta tinge to them. it's a bit
>annoying when white turns out pink! how can I fix this?
>
>thanks!

If you're colour managing your printing, a magenta tint is usually a
sign of double colour management i.e. you're colour managing in your
software AND with the printer.

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

"PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote in message

> "Tony" <auct1@pantsaah-haa.com> wrote in message
> >

> > --
> > "Kathy" <galahh@juno.com> wrote in message
> >> Hello! I've had my Canon printer for a couple of months and I love
> >> it BUT all my photos have a slight magenta tinge to them. it's a bit
> >> annoying when white turns out pink! how can I fix this?
> >>
> Done properly, B&W prints without magenta tinting is in fact possible.
> I also do not know that I would jump right at mucking with the purge area
> (docking pads) when this may cause damage and there are plenty of other
more
> simple possiblilites which have already been pointed out.

Such as ???

--
Spit less spotlets - spotless inkjet prints...
http://www.aah-haa.com 30% more ink
http://www.inkylinkusa.com

>> Done properly, B&W prints without magenta tinting is in fact possible.
>> I also do not know that I would jump right at mucking with the purge area
>> (docking pads) when this may cause damage and there are plenty of other
> more
>> simple possiblilites which have already been pointed out.
>
> Such as ???

First and most importantly....Has a Nozzle Test been done and what were the
results?
Hardly makes sense to dig at the purge area if you have an ink dispersal
problem.

Has an alignment been done?
Where did the images originate from (Camera, scanner, etc) and are all
images that have this issue from same origin?
Correct paper type and settings in the driver (very important).
Not enabling color management both in the application and the driver (common
cause).
If originals were color and converted to B&W, was it done properly (another
common cause for magenta tint)
Did the OP provide enough info to proper assist without asking these and
more questions (in this case no).

I could go on, but this should get you started.

"smcdaniels" <smcdaniels@juno.com> wrote in message
> "Tony" <auct1@pantsaah-haa.com> wrote in message
>> --
>> "Kathy" <galahh@juno.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello! I've had my Canon printer for a couple of months and I love
>> > it BUT all my photos have a slight magenta tinge to them. it's a bit
>> > annoying when white turns out pink! how can I fix this?
>> >
>> > thanks!
>>
>> Carefully clean the docking pads as some leeching across colors has
>> always
>> been apparent even from the first Canons such as my reluctant S-820. It
>> still won't produce B/W photos without a magenta cast.
>> Trimming down Magenta ink does work sometimes ? cleaning the docking pads
>> with tissue is a real issue but that works for a few prints. But Canon do
>> have Naff print heads period.
>> Tony
>> Spit less spotlets - spotless inkjet prints...
>> http://www.aah-haa.com 30% more ink
>> http://www.inkylinkusa.com
>

> I have the exact same type of problem with a Canon i960. It is not
> just an issue with contamination because the photo magenta resev. has
> nearly been emptied after printing about 35 - 40 4 X 6" photo's. Most
> all the prints have a slight redish hue, particularly flesh tones.
> Anybody have any ideas on how to get the photo color to match what is
> viewed on the monitor before printing?

What application, paper type and other info would be useful in helping with
this.

> > I have the exact same type of problem with a Canon i960. It is not
> > just an issue with contamination because the photo magenta resev. has
> > nearly been emptied after printing about 35 - 40 4 X 6" photo's. Most
> > all the prints have a slight redish hue, particularly flesh tones.
> > Anybody have any ideas on how to get the photo color to match what is
> > viewed on the monitor before printing?
> >
> What application, paper type and other info would be useful in helping with
> this.

Sorry...
We are using the Easy Photo Print Pro software that came with either
the printer or our Canon A-60 dig camera (can't remember which).

For paper we have been using IBM Ultra-Glossy or Kodak medium weight
Soft Gloss.

I have tried all of the paper type selections within the easy photo
print software and it seems to be pretty much the same with any of
them.

We have not printed lots of photos, but the ones we did print when
first purchasing the printer about 6 months ago did not look like
this.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.