Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Kickstarter Project Delivers The Ultimate iPad Stand

Last response: in News comments
September 8, 2012 1:18:36 AM

It's a fucking stand. How have we not perfected this technology yet? And why is it considered worth $70?
Score
September 8, 2012 1:50:18 AM

Microsoft Surface has built-in stand AND magnetically attached tactile keyboard cover. With Apple, you have to pay at least $100 more for something of equivalent quality FROM A THIRD-PARTY.
Score
September 8, 2012 2:24:23 AM

LaHawzelIt's a fucking stand. How have we not perfected this technology yet? And why is it considered worth $70?

Why is Microsoft Office worth $200 for it's Home and Student package? Why not make it cheap as $10 because it's software?

merikafyeahMicrosoft Surface has built-in stand AND magnetically attached tactile keyboard cover. With Apple, you have to pay at least $100 more for something of equivalent quality FROM A THIRD-PARTY.

You have people who are purchasing omega symbol shaped headphone stands for $150 made of wood, and you think everything from Apple is overpriced and garbage?
Score
September 8, 2012 2:26:30 AM

$90 for a stand? You've got to be kidding me.
Oh wait, I stand corrected, it is an iStand. That costs extra of course due to the stupidity tax added.

Don't get me wrong, this is not simple Apple hatred.
I manage a few websites that have lots of media content. Mostly videos.
Guess who are the only visitors with issues when it comes to playing the videos?
iPhone and iPad users. And I am not talking FLV but MP4 and MOV format !!!

Score
September 8, 2012 7:33:06 AM

Surface stand is better than this
Score
September 8, 2012 1:46:12 PM

merikafyeahMicrosoft Surface has built-in stand AND magnetically attached tactile keyboard cover. With Apple, you have to pay at least $100 more for something of equivalent quality FROM A THIRD-PARTY.

Yeah but it is missing the iPad :) 
Score
September 8, 2012 1:57:28 PM

weierstrassYeah but it is missing the iPad, FORTUNATELY!

iFixed.
Score
September 8, 2012 4:28:25 PM

So sick of hearing about kickstarter projects.
Score
September 8, 2012 5:08:49 PM

LaHawzelIt's a fucking stand. How have we not perfected this technology yet? And why is it considered worth $70?

Magical, maybe?
Score
September 8, 2012 9:13:10 PM

reprotectedWhy is Microsoft Office worth $200 for it's Home and Student package? Why not make it cheap as $10 because it's software?You have people who are purchasing omega symbol shaped headphone stands for $150 made of wood, and you think everything from Apple is overpriced and garbage?

You sir just won the stupidest comment on Toms award. I think you should try out for the World championships too.
Score
Anonymous
September 10, 2012 9:40:47 AM

First, I scoffed at the idea of a silly ipad stand being a kickstarter project AND being posted on Tom's Hardware.

Next, I watched the video and thought: hey that's a pretty decent stand!

Then, I looked at the price: $70 pre-order price. $5-$10 is about the right price to pay. $20 would be a bit steep. $70 though? That's insanity!

Finally, I read the comments and was reminded that is is an accessory for an iProduct. Getting reamed is part of the deal.
Score
Anonymous
September 21, 2012 9:34:46 AM

Thanks for sharing!!!
Score
Anonymous
December 10, 2012 4:18:49 PM

It's almost worth as much as a Surface Touch keyboard!
Score
!