Steve08533

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2005
Ok well I use a headset for the computer, I plug in the plug for my actual headphones into the speakers, they work fine. Now when I plug in my mic plug into where it gos in the back of my computer, its not working, I know its not the mic because I tried them on my other computer....anyone know whats going on? I really need them fixed soon because I play games with my friends so its kinda hard ot communicate haha.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
My question is does other mic plug into your computer works?

Go to control panel, go to sound, select sound and audio devices and find your mic and run a trouble shoot.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The Microphone volume is muted and hidden by default, in sound controls. If you open volume controls and go to options>properties, you can check "microphone" to have it shown on the volume bar, then when it's there you can unmute it.

uncle_ben

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2005
In case you follow all the steps above and your mic still does not work, keep in mind that
one physical input may be shared between mic input and some other functions (e.g. digital out or line in). In the control software for audio you would have an option to toggle between these functions and activate/disable mic

sturm

Splendid
If you have 5.1 surround or maybe even just a 2.1 speaker set up the mic input will be switched to a speaker output when using surround.

Change your speaker setup to a 2 channel only and make sure its not muted in the volume settings.