Dec 21, 2005
Zalman Reserator 1 (The old blue one)
reserator.jpg

with

Dangerden Nv-78 SLi 1/2" Waterblock
6225_big.jpg

For my 2 x 512MB 7800GTXs?
7737.jpg

Since reserator isn't gonna be as efficient as liquid cooling kits with fans, Im thinking of leaving my 4400+ in the
hands of my Zalman CNPS9500, and hooking the reserator solely to my VGA cards, for most efficient cooling
with least sound.

Even liquid kits with fans wouldn't be able to cool down 2x512GTXs + 4400+ efficiently...
So the Reserator will probably have a hard time just cooling down my GTXs when I OC em.
If Im wrong about this plz tell me :D

P.S.
If you got any suggestions for a "QUIET" water cooling solution for my
GTXs please leave a reply with a list of waterblocks, pumps, rads, etc.
(links would be greatly appreciated)

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
You bought 7800 GTX 512s why? Nah just messin'. Yeah I'd think the pump would do your videocards only, but it might be able to cool your system too, although that's probably pushing it.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Have you considered other brand. The passive no fan water cooling are quite but would be not as good as to other water cooling kits that are equip with fan. But if you used two reserator tower, it would be a lot better and yes I have seen it.

But since you're only hooking it up to the vga that would make a difference and maybe it can keep up with the 7800 GTX 512. My question is if you want quite solution, then shouldn't you get rid of the HSF of the CPU?
Or the HSF is quite enough for you. I know the graphics card is not quite, I have read some reviews about it.

How about a ghetto rig my man.

Ok here's my impractical ideas.

How about hook up a long hose to your faucet and just turn the cold water on when your pc is running. hahahaha The cons would be if you mistakenly turn it on hot, then your pc is screwed.

or

For a passive no fan ultra quite water cooling system. Get a 50 gallon drum, then fill it with water 50 gallons of course. Then hooked it up and would basically be like a behemoth zalman reserator. blue paint optional.
hahaha :D :p :D :p It would be a lot cooler and you could overclock like crazy and not to worry about overheating. :p

I haven't slept in 24 hours, I must be going crazy!!!

Well, bottomline is try that zalman first and test it. It's a sure way to find out.

Good Luck.

P.S. Don't ever try to copy all this ideas of mine, it's patented.

:D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p haaaa...I need more beer.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
dude you on drugs, but it some funny sh!t.

Hey, Einstein could never have been the most respected scientist without his creativity and pure genious.

And no Im not on drugs and I haven't eatin paint chips when I was kid.

I was in the military though, went to Iraq for 7 months. I guess it mess up my head a little.

topaimz

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
damn...

on the lighter note, yes I WANT A QUIET LIQUID COOLING SOLUTION.

If the reserator cannot support 2 x 512MB 7800GTXs, then I would go with one with a fan/rad.

However, does anyone know which brand has the most quiet Liquid cooling solution?

PS
Which company makes the most efficient (at cooling) yet quietest (most silent) case fans? (80mm, 90mm, 120mm etc.)
I thought it was Zalman or Panaflo...

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
You should look for some reviews of the product your interested in. I can't tell you since I only the zalman reserator. Check out newegg.com or frozencpu.com they some good quality liquid cooling.

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
if u have a huge budget somewhere on frozencpu theres this thing that pumps freezing air into ur comp i think, i found this vapochill one but its just for the cpu and 850 bux, i KNOW ive seen somthing similar for cheaper that cools the entire case, look around at www.frozencpu.com its a very good alternative to water cooling, and will allow you to overclock higher and nt have to worry about heat

col-p-todd

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
You should really check out the Koolance website they have a realy nice cooler for video cards. the Exos-2 is really nice and cools up to 700 watts. it uses 2 12 cm fans. I am using it to cool a fx55 my motherboard and a 6800ultra and it works great.

http://www.koolance.com/

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
dont 6800ultas put out more wattage than a 7800gtx? maybe not a 512, but i hear that 7800's are more efficent than 6800's

shawnlizzle =]

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005
okay, let me get this straight for you guys

1)there is no way in hell can a reserator keep up with a cpu and 2 infernos
2)there is no way in hell can a reserator keep up with 2 infernos
3)there is no way in hell can that weak pump go through those two extremely restrictive full cover blocks

4) YOU however, CAN spend lots of money for trash

in short, ditch the reserator all together and getyourself a good watercoolign loop (read my guide) and YES, a good loop will easily handle a cpu and 2 infernos

scoobertscoobydoo

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
if you got two GTX 512's you are probally the dumbest person i know. there is NOTHING that can be done with two 512's that cant be done with two 256's. and in the next few months the 7900's are coming..... not a big deal if you buy evga's but your two cards will be outdated shortly....

with two stock 512's you can put fear at max everything, with 32Xaa, and 8X4ai and still pull 90 frames..... why you would want to overclock it i dont know... and that voids the warentee on your new cards....

so here is what i see, one dumb guy, OR one child that likes to lie alot.

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
i duno why ud like about this and ask about watercooling... but i see ur point as to why ud wanna overclock it, unless ur running at 2000x1400 then theres no reason to even consider it, running maxxed out at 90fps is more than enough for ANY gamer, unless oc'ing is a hobby, but its not worth blowing 300 bux on a watercooling kit to overclock 100 mhz... and get 2 fps more

topaimz

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
thats why as you can see, I made a new thread, leaving the 2x512GTXs alone with stock cooling, and thinking about liquid cooling my 4400+, so I can OC it to 2.6~2.8ghz

and scoober, the cards are both evga. and you gotta good point.
Hence why I started asking about passive cooling for my cpu instead.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Do you really, thats not bad idea. I'm thinking since I'm into cars as well, I could use a FMIC for a fan less liquid cooling. Just stick it in the side of the case and it would be cool.

ProHandyman

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2006
If you are SERIOUS about silence (differs among people), yet wanted to adequately cool and be able to overclock your proposed rig, there are ways it can be done. However, passive cooling would be huge in size, and outrageous in cost.

Using Thermochill's PA120.3 rad with some highend less then 100CFM 120mm fans on a fan controller; a highend cpu block such as DD's TDX, Swiftech Apogee, Aquatextreme's MP-05-Pro SE; GPU coolers such as DD's Maze4gpu, Swiftech MCW60, Aquaextreme's MP-1 GPU with Ramsinks (full cover blocks offer "bling", but are out-performed by seperate gpu blocks with ramsinks like Swiftech's); Performance pump such as DD's D5, or Aquaextreme's 50z-DC12; and 7/16" tubing. EK Blocks out of Slovania have some very nice blocks for reasonable prices; but shipping to the states is costly, and time consuming.

If you want higher performance, with the sacrifice of quietness, you can delete the rad above, and replace with a water "chiller"!

I am in process of building a rig with some of the characteristics of your proposed system, and have researched water cooling for months. I am going to use component's listed above.

Take your time, do a bit of research. What you propose is doable with some changes. Pay no attention to the "what are you crazy? Dual SLI whatevers!". It's your system and money! If that's what you want... go for it! (their only jealous).

Good-Luck!

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
No chiller, I've done that and it does create a huge problem I do not recommand a chiller from my own experience and others.

This takes lots of planning proper insulation which in my opinion and experience can not stop the condensation, however your idea for a water coooling setup is great.

scoobertscoobydoo

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
thats why as you can see, I made a new thread, leaving the 2x512GTXs alone with stock cooling, and thinking about liquid cooling my 4400+, so I can OC it to 2.6~2.8ghz

and scoober, the cards are both evga. and you gotta good point.
Hence why I started asking about passive cooling for my cpu instead.

if you want reality, get yourself two 7800GT's. two of thoes in sli will be faster then one GTX 512{of corse i learned this after i built my system...}
then when 7900 comes out you can upgrade, but the best part is if the 7900 takes more then 90days you can sell two $300 cards easyer then two $800 cards. save that money{put it in a high yeild CD} until the 7900 comes out.

i have a custom water on my 4800+ and it cools fine, BUT i dont have enough cooling to use both cores at FULL load 24/7. the system will game for hours thou. my custom water has a nice delta T until the water heats up too mutch.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
That's not a bad idea, I have told several that are planning to build a rig to wait for the 7900 card. Shader 4.0 is an eye-candy.

Man, them good water cooling kits are damn expensive. They go for $400 bucks, it's ridiculous. It's only good use is for them $1000 cpu, otherwise it won't make sense overclocking a $500 cpu with $400 on water cooling. It's better just to buy the $1000 cpu.

pwnage

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
GUYS

you are over looking somthing. tubing size. to the best of my knowleadge the resorator 1 uses 1/4 ID tubing the DD 7800GTX 512 block use 3/8 or 1/2 the zalman cannot pump fluid in fast enough to keep that cards cool.

Swiftech makes some nice kits. i personaly custom made mine but then again i was looking for proformance not silents. go with a dual rad set up you will be able to cool your CPU and GPU's with out a problem. the swiftech appogee is a great water block and i recomend it. pumps id say DD or switech, they make good pumps. tubing is up to you i use a couple of different types. primoflex and tygon. also consider how your going to fill and bleed you system.

one guy made a remark about a cooler that cost $800+. i know what your talking about i have one. best damn thing i have ever used. is not an AC unit though, its more of a fridge for you PC's CPU. and yes VERY LOW CPU TEMPS *shivers* im talking in the -C a little over when inder load.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Yeah, Top is really gonna need them high cooling, high-flow cooling kits to keep up with his cards. The 7800 GTX 512 in SLI are already way to fast for any current games. They would easily handle, the games with ease yet still he wants to overclock it. That would be insanely fast!

scoobertscoobydoo

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Yeah, Top is really gonna need them high cooling, high-flow cooling kits to keep up with his cards. The 7800 GTX 512 in SLI are already way to fast for any current games. They would easily handle, the games with ease yet still he wants to overclock it. That would be insanely fast!

aCTUALLY IT WOULD BE UNNESSACARYLY FAST. THERE IS NO DIFFERANCE BETWEEN 90fpS AND 95fpS.

LOL CAPS