HP pushed hx4700 again

a b α HP
September 17, 2004 9:02:39 PM

The HP website now lists a date for release of the 4700 series. They are
saying (today anyway) that the release date will be October 2. Stay tuned to
HP for further delays.

If any of you are like me, you are waiting for this next generation. I know
the biggest change is the VGA screen and that's not that big of a deal to
business aps. But my old PDA, Ipaq 3670, is ready to go and I like the top
of the line because these are normally the ones that are supported the
longest. (Although not so with the 5555)

What I do look forward to is the SD and CF, WiFi and Bluetooth and the very
large ROM (for filestore) so battery death doesn't spell data loss.

http://h71016.www7.hp.com/dstore/ctoBases.asp?oi=E9CED&...$649.00

More about : pushed hx4700

September 17, 2004 9:02:40 PM

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 17:02:39 GMT, "Andy Lutz" <caldex@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>The HP website now lists a date for release of the 4700 series. They are
>saying (today anyway) that the release date will be October 2. Stay tuned to
>HP for further delays.

It probably means they're having problems with the software, big time.
I'd be very cautions about buying a first-generation 4700 at this
point. Especially, since they clearly didn't get it right with the
6315.

A_C
Anonymous
a b α HP
September 18, 2004 10:30:17 AM

I wouldn't count on the new iPAQ's to be supported for a long time.
The h5555 models were officially only 1.5 years old and they have
been taken out back and were shot a month ago, never to see the light
of day again in terms of production along with all the previous models.
Also software support is something I wouldn't count on either, I think
HP likes their new strategy of dropping products after a year of
heavily promoting them. Also, some stores are raising prices of the
new models already. so if you're waiting for that, I hope you have
a large wallet and a thick hide to take the disappointments months
after you get your new iPAQ.

$0.02

~S.

"Andy Lutz" <caldex@earthlink.net> wrote in
news:p ME2d.3195$gG4.302@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

> The HP website now lists a date for release of the 4700 series. They are
> saying (today anyway) that the release date will be October 2. Stay
> tuned to HP for further delays.
>
> If any of you are like me, you are waiting for this next generation. I
> know the biggest change is the VGA screen and that's not that big of a
> deal to business aps. But my old PDA, Ipaq 3670, is ready to go and I
> like the top of the line because these are normally the ones that are
> supported the longest. (Although not so with the 5555)
>
> What I do look forward to is the SD and CF, WiFi and Bluetooth and the
> very large ROM (for filestore) so battery death doesn't spell data loss.
>

> http://h71016.www7.hp.com/dstore/ctoBases.asp?oi=E9CED&...
&SBLID=&

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

Not sure what is going on. I had one on order and I just got a notice from
HP that it shipped today, 9/22. Should have it tomorrow.

Craig Enders

"Andy Lutz" <caldex@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:p ME2d.3195$gG4.302@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> The HP website now lists a date for release of the 4700 series. They are
> saying (today anyway) that the release date will be October 2. Stay tuned
> HP for further delays.
>
> If any of you are like me, you are waiting for this next generation. I
know
> the biggest change is the VGA screen and that's not that big of a deal to
> business aps. But my old PDA, Ipaq 3670, is ready to go and I like the top
> of the line because these are normally the ones that are supported the
> longest. (Although not so with the 5555)
>
> What I do look forward to is the SD and CF, WiFi and Bluetooth and the
very
> large ROM (for filestore) so battery death doesn't spell data loss.

http://h71016.www7.hp.com/dstore/ctoBases.asp?oi=E9CED&...$649.00

Anonymous
a b α HP
September 22, 2004 9:42:53 PM

I keep checking the HP site. Each day the available date is pushed back one
day. Currently, the date is 10/7. I have heard it said that they are having
software problems. That is only a guess from one poster. I have also read
that their supply of LCD screens is not sufficient for release. That seems
more reasonable.

Andy Lutz

"Craig Enders" <craigenders@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Not sure what is going on. I had one on order and I just got a notice from
> HP that it shipped today, 9/22. Should have it tomorrow.
>
> Craig Enders
>
> "Andy Lutz" <caldex@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:p ME2d.3195$gG4.302@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>> The HP website now lists a date for release of the 4700 series. They are
>> saying (today anyway) that the release date will be October 2. Stay tuned
>> HP for further delays.
>>
>> If any of you are like me, you are waiting for this next generation. I
> know
>> the biggest change is the VGA screen and that's not that big of a deal to
>> business aps. But my old PDA, Ipaq 3670, is ready to go and I like the
>> top
>> of the line because these are normally the ones that are supported the
>> longest. (Although not so with the 5555)
>>
>> What I do look forward to is the SD and CF, WiFi and Bluetooth and the
> very
>> large ROM (for filestore) so battery death doesn't spell data loss.
>>

> http://h71016.www7.hp.com/dstore/ctoBases.asp?oi=E9CED&...$649.00

Anonymous
a b α HP
September 23, 2004 2:34:08 AM

Follow up to my previous post:

HP did ship my 4700 today. I have tracked the package and it will arrive
9/23. Seeing as how this was the only item in the order I am confident I
will have it in my hot little hands tomorrow night after work (had it
shipped to my home).

I will give everyone my first impressions about this time tomorrow.

Craig Enders

PS - I have a 5550 now so I am looking forward to a slightly smaller and
lighter unit with a bigger screen.

!