Your question

Asus A8N-Deluxe - Sound problems!

Tags:
  • Asus
  • Speakers
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
February 7, 2006 8:17:35 PM

hey everyone. I have the asus A8n deluxe motherboard. It has 6 slots at the back for speakers and a headphone and microphone socket at the front.

I have 2 speakers, both connected with 1 wire which plugged into my last PC fine. The hole labelled 'front speaker out' which should work, doesnt seem to. The only way i can get sound is if i change, using the drivers, my sound to 8 channels and plug my speakers into the left/right speaker outlet, i have also plugged in some old speakers in the rear left and right hole and i have them placed behind me. It all looked good....why did it have to go wrong! lol. I was having trouble with sound when using macromedia flash player. I realised the problem.... I could only get sound if i changed, again using the my drivers, the sound to headphones and plugged my speakers into the front outlet for headphones. I dont want my speaker cable coming out the front of my PC and i am enjoying surround sound (even if it is pretty poor on my speakers).

IMO, it seems to me that the 'front speaker out' outlet should function as a normal PC speaker outlet, such as that on older motherboards, am i right in thinking this??. Also, is it possible and/or likely that all of the 5 other sound sockets are functioning correctly, but 1 is not.

thx.

More about : asus a8n deluxe sound problems

February 8, 2006 12:01:36 AM

buy a cheap sound card.
you'll get better performance from the mobo, and probably better sound quality.
February 8, 2006 12:28:45 AM

Quote:
hey everyone. I have the asus A8n deluxe motherboard. It has 6 slots at the back for speakers and a headphone and microphone socket at the front.

The problem im having is, not 1 out of the 6 slots at the back work with my speakers. Infact the only way i get sound from my speakers is if they are plugged into the headphones socket at the front.

im using the standard speakers with 1 plug. Im not sure whether it is a hardware or software problem atm.

any help appreciated . thx.

check if there is any jumper missing from the front audio jumper block. Check your manual
February 13, 2006 9:16:56 PM

Quote:
buy a cheap sound card.
you'll get better performance from the mobo, and probably better sound quality.

i might do later, but i need to know the problem because i recently bought my PC off a custom build site, and if it does not work properly i am going to send it back.