C40+ flashing lights

The red and green lights are flashing alternately on my Epson C40 Plus. I
assume that the ink drain pad needs changing. I have tried resetting the
counter with sscserve.exe but that didn't work. Does anybody know of a way
to reset it? Indeed, does the printer monitor the actual 'dampness' of the
nappy, or is it more "I'm this old, so it needs changing now"?

Any and all information gratefully received.
DD

"Stratman" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| The red and green lights are flashing alternately on my Epson C40 Plus. I
| assume that the ink drain pad needs changing. I have tried resetting the
| counter with sscserve.exe but that didn't work. Does anybody know of a
way
| to reset it? Indeed, does the printer monitor the actual 'dampness' of the
| nappy, or is it more "I'm this old, so it needs changing now"?
|
| Any and all information gratefully received.
| DD

Cancel that. I unplugged the power for ten seconds and ran the sscserve
utility again. Bingo!!! No flashing lights and it thinks it has a clean
nappy.

DD

I don't have any information on the C40. Older Epson's could have the
protection number reset by some front panel button presses, but I
believe the newer ones require software.

The protection numbers are "built" until a certain level, when the waste
ink pad full warning occurs. The numbers are conservative, and they are
somewhat of a guess. Each type of cleaning cycle is assigned a certain
value, and that amount is added to the current value each time one is
incorporated. Usually, unless you have a weirded out printer which goes
into repeated uncontrolled cleaning cycles (it can happen) there is
enough evaporation of the dye ink components which are principally
water, alcohol and slow evaporating glycol) that much of the liquid is
gone by the time the warning shows up. Pigmented inks have a lot more
residual material.

So, no there isn't any sensor to determine if the diaper is full and
needs changing. ;-)

Art

Stratman wrote:

> The red and green lights are flashing alternately on my Epson C40 Plus. I
> assume that the ink drain pad needs changing. I have tried resetting the
> counter with sscserve.exe but that didn't work. Does anybody know of a way
> to reset it? Indeed, does the printer monitor the actual 'dampness' of the
> nappy, or is it more "I'm this old, so it needs changing now"?
>
> Any and all information gratefully received.
> DD

Too late, I already replied ;-(

Art

"Arthur Entlich" <artistic@telus.net> wrote in message