Brother MFC-410CN Advice please

If anyone owns one of these I'd be interested in your comments. I'm looking
to buy one, firstly, as a copier (handwritten calculation sheets - I'm a
structural engineer) and secondly for faxing (send and receive). The other
features are a bonus.

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi,

I had one for less than a week, but I returned it because the photo
printing function was not as good as I expected. I only printed
directly from the card reader using the best setting available, but it
still wasn't that good. I copied some items with it and I thought they
were excellent copies, but I didn't copy any text. Just for grins I
copied a sheet of stamps and if I had cut them out I think I could
have fooled someone as long as they didn't touch them!

The unit doesn't look real solid, but it did feel more solid than it
appears. The key pad/control panel was easy to see and use as it has
good backlighting on the display. It is a compact design which uses
very little space and I liked that. Set up was easy and the quick sep
up sheet and the manual were well organized and detailed. I really
didn't do much else with it. I have a small network in my house and
since it is network ready I think that would have been cool to use.

Right now OfficeMax has an instant $10 off and a $20 gift card when
you buy one of these at $149.99

If you have any specific questions I might be able to answer just post
another message.

Tom

"InterApple" <*pieplanter@*NOSPAM* lineone.net*> wrote in message news:<10qmp37i6lntb15@corp.supernews.com>...
> If anyone owns one of these I'd be interested in your comments. I'm looking
> to buy one, firstly, as a copier (handwritten calculation sheets - I'm a
> structural engineer) and secondly for faxing (send and receive). The other
> features are a bonus.

Thanks for the info Tom. I was slightly unsure about the product in the
first place and so decided on a HP model in the end. HP's generally have
exceptional black (text) print quality, which swayed it, because the
majority of use will be copies.