Sign in with
Your question

Lian Li

Last response: in Components
February 8, 2006 2:33:50 PM

Are all the full tower Lian Li cases made with that upside down motherboard layout (like the v2000 series)? I like the Lian Li cases, but i heard with the A8N32-SLI Deluxe, it's not a good idea to have it upside down like that because some of heat pipe issues or something(severely decreasing the life of the MB).

More about : lian

February 8, 2006 3:34:09 PM

yea there are other lian li cases that dont have the mother board upside down. the pc 75 i think is one of them.

interesting that you mention that i have that board and never heard that. if you can find the artical id like to read it.
February 8, 2006 4:14:07 PM

I'll try to find where i read it at, but i coulda swore i heard something about that, if its upside down then the heat pipes do something different or something to that extent.
Related resources
February 8, 2006 4:27:23 PM

I'm not quite sure which model you're talking about, since I didn't notice you mention a specific model number.

I own a LianLi PC-60Plus, and it doesn't have the mobo upside down. I think LianLi only designed a few models this way aimed at the market who would use this as a server, and since the heat-pipe mobos are aimed more at desktop users/gamers, they probably didn't see themselves as undercutting their own market share.

I bought an A8N SLI-Premium and it has a heat-pipe, as well. I would have been pretty disappointed to send back my PC-60 because the quality of craftsmanship pretty much blew my mind. The quality of aluminum, the sturdy fans, the sliding mobo tray---everything all the way down to the wires and thumbscrews are quality.
February 8, 2006 4:29:37 PM

It is any BTX models that mount board upside down.
February 8, 2006 4:32:11 PM

Ah so those cases that are "upside down" are meant for BTX layouts?
February 8, 2006 4:54:33 PM

maxiius i read that on newegg heres the link it's for the premium though sorry
February 8, 2006 5:17:09 PM

Lian-Li does not use BTX. Rather, they just flip the motherboard around in some cases for the best of both worlds.
February 8, 2006 5:24:09 PM

Pros: BEWARE BTX USERS!!! I can't give this board a bad rating Because I know it's a great board. You cannot mount this board in a BTX case or it will fail. It is made to be mounted upright or laying down. I mounted it upside down in a BTX case and the chipset got too hot and tripped the system off. I had a hard time trying to find out what was wrong. I called ASUS and talked to them about it and they said that they knew it was a problem but it wasn't big enough to mention on their site or post on their box.

Cons: Heat Pipe does not work properly upside down. It will tripp on high heat if mounted in a BTX case.

Other Thoughts: The A8N-SLI Deluxe is the same board but with a fan on the Chipset. It works great in the BTX Case

Reviewed By: ATE_UP_WIT_IT, 1/4/2006 6:17:36 PM

Took awhile to search through all those post, but thats where i read it also, thx dvdpiddy.
!