Lian Li

Are all the full tower Lian Li cases made with that upside down motherboard layout (like the v2000 series)? I like the Lian Li cases, but i heard with the A8N32-SLI Deluxe, it's not a good idea to have it upside down like that because some of heat pipe issues or something(severely decreasing the life of the MB).
8 answers Last reply
More about lian
  1. yea there are other lian li cases that dont have the mother board upside down. the pc 75 i think is one of them.

interesting that you mention that i have that board and never heard that. if you can find the artical id like to read it.
  2. I'll try to find where i read it at, but i coulda swore i heard something about that, if its upside down then the heat pipes do something different or something to that extent.
  3. I'm not quite sure which model you're talking about, since I didn't notice you mention a specific model number.

I own a LianLi PC-60Plus, and it doesn't have the mobo upside down. I think LianLi only designed a few models this way aimed at the market who would use this as a server, and since the heat-pipe mobos are aimed more at desktop users/gamers, they probably didn't see themselves as undercutting their own market share.

I bought an A8N SLI-Premium and it has a heat-pipe, as well. I would have been pretty disappointed to send back my PC-60 because the quality of craftsmanship pretty much blew my mind. The quality of aluminum, the sturdy fans, the sliding mobo tray---everything all the way down to the wires and thumbscrews are quality.
  4. It is any BTX models that mount board upside down.
  5. Ah so those cases that are "upside down" are meant for BTX layouts?
  6. maxiius i read that on newegg heres the link it's for the premium though sorry
  7. Lian-Li does not use BTX. Rather, they just flip the motherboard around in some cases for the best of both worlds.
  8. Pros: BEWARE BTX USERS!!! I can't give this board a bad rating Because I know it's a great board. You cannot mount this board in a BTX case or it will fail. It is made to be mounted upright or laying down. I mounted it upside down in a BTX case and the chipset got too hot and tripped the system off. I had a hard time trying to find out what was wrong. I called ASUS and talked to them about it and they said that they knew it was a problem but it wasn't big enough to mention on their site or post on their box.

Cons: Heat Pipe does not work properly upside down. It will tripp on high heat if mounted in a BTX case.

Other Thoughts: The A8N-SLI Deluxe is the same board but with a fan on the Chipset. It works great in the BTX Case

Reviewed By: ATE_UP_WIT_IT, 1/4/2006 6:17:36 PM

Took awhile to search through all those post, but thats where i read it also, thx dvdpiddy.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Lian Li Motherboards Components Product