sound comes in and out of 1 side of headphones

bugmenot

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2005
Using onboard audio, the sound kicks in and out of 1 side of my headphones, depending on how I tilt my head, regardless if I switch to a different pair of headphones, is it the soundcard ?

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
first i have the same prob with mine.second it's probably the headphones what kind you got(i got cheap ones they never worked). (stupid outsourcing)third you have onboard sound does it work with speaker's?

nobly

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
Uhhh thats usually a sign of a bad connection. double check your headphones and make sure they're plugged in all the way.

then answer dvdpiddy on the speaker question. cross check your equipment to make sure your headphones/speakers aren't broken.

bugmenot

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2005
Ya I have logitech z2200 2.1 speakers and they work just fine, no problems there, i'm using two different types of headphones both with the same cutting in and out of one side of the headphones depending on the way I tilt my head. I use sony MDR-013 and a some pansonic earbuds, i'll try some other headphones just to make sure.

nobly

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
If you're using the front jack w/ the headphones, try the back jack (where your speakers are plugged in). It may be that the wires that hook up to the front got loose or something.

pip_seeker

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Using onboard audio, the sound kicks in and out of 1 side of my headphones, depending on how I tilt my head, regardless if I switch to a different pair of headphones, is it the soundcard ?

ah yeah the tilting the head trick, I wrecked many good head phones doing this. :lol:

seriously it may be the master volume isn't set right and you might have the pan L/R off center. Check this in the Mixer settings of the sound card.

If you open up the audio master controls check to make sure your pan settings are dead center and that the left or right is not muted out.

If you can't find nothing wrong there then check the connections on the head phones.

If that doesn't do it test the head phones in another device not on the computer. If they work there, it's the port you're plugging into or interference from something around there.

[Process of elimination]

sturm

Splendid
Not to sound like a smart ass but what the heck would pan/balance have to do with the sound cutting in and out when he tilts his head. Did you even read the posts?

ITS SO OBVIOUS he has a bad connection on the computer since he has tried different head phones. That or both headphones have the exact same problem.

bugmenot:

When the headphones are plugged in move the connector around and I bet the sound will kick out. Do what nobly suggested, and check the connections on the motherboard.

pip_seeker

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
If he follows the whole list of my suggestion he will find the problem.

why else would I put [process of elimination] at the bottom of the list.

It's better to be thorough than not right? The problem is you didn't read my entire post did you?

The real question was that he wanted to find the problem, no? :twisted:

Would he not find the problem with my suggestion? the world may never know.....