SP 2 Garphics Card Problems

August 25, 2004 6:39:19 AM

I have just installed SP2 and I am now experiencing
problems with my GeForce graphics card - message in
device manager -unable to start - tried all the normal
things, removing the card - cleaning the edge
connections - all to no avail. Any ideas? I am also
unable to use System Restore to go back pre SP2 install

More about : garphics card problems

Anonymous
August 25, 2004 2:52:25 PM

Hi

What version of the Nvidia drivers are you using? On the SP2 partition here
I have version 61.76, which aren't causing any problems.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"barry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I have just installed SP2 and I am now experiencing
| problems with my GeForce graphics card - message in
| device manager -unable to start - tried all the normal
| things, removing the card - cleaning the edge
| connections - all to no avail. Any ideas? I am also
| unable to use System Restore to go back pre SP2 install
August 25, 2004 2:52:26 PM

Hi,

the version I have listed in device manager is 5.6.7.3
dated 07/04/2004, not to

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
August 25, 2004 2:52:26 PM

Hi,

the version I have listed in device manager is 5.6.7.3
dated 07/04/2004,

Anonymous
August 25, 2004 2:52:27 PM

The latest drivers for XP are 61.77 (the 61.76 drivers are for Windows 98).

You can download the 61.77 drivers here:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77

You also should update your motherboard chipset drivers if an update is
available.

Joe

"Barry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 01c01c48a8a$56fe68d0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> the version I have listed in device manager is 5.6.7.3
> dated 07/04/2004, not to

Anonymous
August 25, 2004 3:11:53 PM

Hi

Try these drivers:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.76.html

Not version 61.77 - they aren't WHQL Certified.

--

| Hi,
|
| the version I have listed in device manager is 5.6.7.3
| dated 07/04/2004,

Anonymous
August 25, 2004 3:20:53 PM

Hi

Version 61.76 are for XP/2000:

"Joe727" <nospam@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
| The latest drivers for XP are 61.77 (the 61.76 drivers are for Windows
98).

| You can download the 61.77 drivers here:
|
| http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77
|
| You also should update your motherboard chipset drivers if an update is
| available.
|
| Joe
|
| "Barry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| news:D 01c01c48a8a$56fe68d0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
| > Hi,
| >
| > the version I have listed in device manager is 5.6.7.3
| > dated 07/04/2004, not to

August 25, 2004 3:20:54 PM

I have downloaded and installed the drivers that you have
suggested and I am still having the same problem. Message
on device manager - this device cannot start (code 10)

Anonymous
August 25, 2004 3:20:54 PM

Yes, I now see that. They are WHQL certified, but they are not the latest
deivers. 61.77 are which is what I am using.

Joe

news:o pWQA1oiEHA.1356@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi
>
> Version 61.76 are for XP/2000:
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.76.html
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Joe727" <nospam@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> | The latest drivers for XP are 61.77 (the 61.76 drivers are for Windows
> 98).
> |
> | You can download the 61.77 drivers here:
> |
> | http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77
> |
> | You also should update your motherboard chipset drivers if an update is
> | available.
> |
> | Joe
> |
> | "Barry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | news:D 01c01c48a8a$56fe68d0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> | > Hi,
> | >
> | > the version I have listed in device manager is 5.6.7.3
> | > dated 07/04/2004, not to

Anonymous
August 25, 2004 4:01:36 PM

Hi

Try this:

Go into Device Manager and uninstall your graphics card. Then reboot and
let Windows re-detect it. You can then install the updated drivers.

--

news:D 0ad01c48a91$d9c899f0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
| I have downloaded and installed the drivers that you have
| suggested and I am still having the same problem. Message
| on device manager - this device cannot start (code 10)

| >|
| >| You can download the 61.77 drivers here:
| >|
| >| http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77
| >|
| >| You also should update your motherboard chipset
| drivers if an update is
| >| available.
| >|
| >| Joe
| >|
| >| "Barry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
| message
| >| news:D 01c01c48a8a$56fe68d0$a601280a@phx.gbl...

| 5.6.7.3

| >|
| >|

| >.

August 25, 2004 4:01:37 PM

Well the wonders of PC's. Carried out your suggestion,
all worked with drivers dated 01/07/01 - version
5.1.2001.0, I then created a restore point and loaded the
latest drivers as you suggested 61.76 and guess what,
card stopped working again. Gone back a stage all working
fine and leaving well alone.

I thank you, for all your help

!