Sign in with
Your question

Strange problem

Last response: in Components
February 8, 2006 10:57:27 PM

When I'm using headphones theres weird buzzing and other little sounds when moving my mouse or on loading screens of games. It also happens when scrolling up or down web pages. I'm using a Logitech MX 500 USB mouse and I have a Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS sound card. The noise is still there even after I check the Mute All button on the volume control. Can someone give me an answer on how to fix this or a logical explanation why there's sound when the sounds are all muted? This is driving me nuts becase its not going away and persists while I play games and its especially annoying when scrolling up and down web pages.

More about : strange problem

February 9, 2006 5:46:30 PM

try turning off or muting all the different inpurts one at a time. I get feed back when I have the cd volume turned on. Mute it and it all goes away. You can also leave the ones you dont use at all muted while your at it.
February 9, 2006 6:49:41 PM

Quote:
try turning off or muting all the different inpurts one at a time. I get feed back when I have the cd volume turned on. Mute it and it all goes away. You can also leave the ones you dont use at all muted while your at it.

I did that already. Theres still little noises like I mentioned.

I muted all of these at the same time and its still there:

Play Control, Wave/MP3, MIDI Synth, S-PDIF In, CD Digital, Auxiliary, CD Audio, Line In, TAD In, and Microphone (and the Microphone +20dB box is unchecked).

I'm going to update my Sound Card driver and see if that does anything. Probably not......I have a feeling its some kind of interference that can't be helped. :( 
Related resources
February 9, 2006 9:07:28 PM

I just finished updating the sound card driver. It didn't help. The noises are still there. Damn this is getting really annoying.
February 9, 2006 9:59:44 PM

Often it's a cracked cable - try speakers, if no nosie it's liklet a wire issue.
February 10, 2006 12:21:24 AM

Im having this exact same problem and Im using BRAND NEW headphones so its NOT a wire problem, Im using SB audigy.
February 10, 2006 12:37:45 AM

you're picking up interference from something near by.
February 10, 2006 1:24:11 AM

Quote:

Could it possibly be because I'm using a surge protector?

Hmm.....I do have a lot of electronics upstairs in the rooms near this room with the computer. In my room alone I've got a TV, VCR, Stereo, Satellite Radio, Xbox, and Dreamcast. My parents have a TV in their room.

I wish I knew how to find out exactly what the cause of this is.
February 10, 2006 1:29:10 AM

Quote:
Im having this exact same problem and Im using BRAND NEW headphones so its NOT a wire problem, Im using SB audigy.

These didn't help me but maybe they'll help you. They're the best I could find related to this problem. It seems a lot of people have this problem or variations of it.

http://groups.google.es/groups?hl=es&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&...
February 11, 2006 2:00:19 AM

Quote:

Hmm.....I do have a lot of electronics upstairs in the rooms near this room with the computer. In my room alone I've got a TV, VCR, Stereo, Satellite Radio, Xbox, and Dreamcast. My parents have a TV in their room.

no I doubt this would come from a surge protector, but everything generates a certain amount of interference. Usually it's not enough to bother other devices.

All you can really do is start unpluging stuff until the noise goes away. The noise could be coming from waves in the electricity lines or something maybe plugged into that same circuit.

You ever seen the effect of turning a vacuum cleaner on and the static on the TV? That's the best description I can give. But that's the only logical reason for it.

good luck.
February 11, 2006 2:22:44 AM

Quote:

no I doubt this would come from a surge protector, but everything generates a certain amount of interference. Usually it's not enough to bother other devices.

All you can really do is start unpluging stuff until the noise goes away. The noise could be coming from waves in the electricity lines or something maybe plugged into that same circuit.

You ever seen the effect of turning a vacuum cleaner on and the static on the TV? That's the best description I can give. But that's the only logical reason for it.

good luck.

Yeah I know what you mean. It would be a pain in the ass to start disconnecting stuff so I guess I'll just deal with it.

Oh well lol
!