VPN - Draytek and NT4 Login

Last response: in Networking
September 7, 2004 1:51:17 PM

Hi Folks

I am having a bit of a nightmare logging on to our NT Server via a VPN
using a Draytek Vigor 2200 router.

Im accessing our network from my Windows ME pc at home. Our server
runs NT4.

I can establish the VPN, and once established, I can ping all the
machines on the network, including the server. I can even collect my
email from the server (There is a Mailtraq POP server running on it. )

The network obviously sees my remote connection as local, as our POP
software will only accept requests from local macines (ie.. ip ranges
from 10.0.0.*. I can even collect files using FTP from the server
using Mailtraqs FTP server. All this is being done, needless to say,
from behind the Dreytek firewall.

HOWERVER, I never get an NT logon screen, and I can't map the network
drive. None of the network shows on "my network places".

Any ideas ? I feel like im so close, yet so far !!

Cheers
Dan

More about : vpn draytek nt4 login

September 16, 2004 8:12:01 PM

Dan,

Checkout the docs in the section titled "NT Networking Configuration
Documents" on

http://support.fishnetsecurity.com/public/

I found this really usefull when I started my struggle with vpns .

Mike

!