VPN - Draytek and NT4 Login

Hi Folks

I am having a bit of a nightmare logging on to our NT Server via a VPN
using a Draytek Vigor 2200 router.

Im accessing our network from my Windows ME pc at home. Our server
runs NT4.

I can establish the VPN, and once established, I can ping all the
machines on the network, including the server. I can even collect my
email from the server (There is a Mailtraq POP server running on it. )

The network obviously sees my remote connection as local, as our POP
software will only accept requests from local macines (ie.. ip ranges
from 10.0.0.*. I can even collect files using FTP from the server
using Mailtraqs FTP server. All this is being done, needless to say,
from behind the Dreytek firewall.

HOWERVER, I never get an NT logon screen, and I can't map the network
drive. None of the network shows on "my network places".

Any ideas ? I feel like im so close, yet so far !!

Cheers
Dan
1 answer Last reply
More about draytek login

    Dan,

    Checkout the docs in the section titled "NT Networking Configuration
    Documents" on

    http://support.fishnetsecurity.com/public/

    I found this really usefull when I started my struggle with vpns .

    Mike

    "Distracted Dan" <distracteddan@lycos.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi Folks
    >
    > I am having a bit of a nightmare logging on to our NT Server via a VPN
    > using a Draytek Vigor 2200 router.
    >
    > Im accessing our network from my Windows ME pc at home. Our server
    > runs NT4.
    >
    > I can establish the VPN, and once established, I can ping all the
    > machines on the network, including the server. I can even collect my
    > email from the server (There is a Mailtraq POP server running on it. )
    >
    > The network obviously sees my remote connection as local, as our POP
    > software will only accept requests from local macines (ie.. ip ranges
    > from 10.0.0.*. I can even collect files using FTP from the server
    > using Mailtraqs FTP server. All this is being done, needless to say,
    > from behind the Dreytek firewall.
    >
    > HOWERVER, I never get an NT logon screen, and I can't map the network
    > drive. None of the network shows on "my network places".
    >
    > Any ideas ? I feel like im so close, yet so far !!
    >
    > Cheers
    > Dan

vpn Servers Networking