processor speed with battery power

When my laptop is running on batter power, the processor speed slows down to
save on power (as with most laptops). Since I usually use the battery for
only short bursts of time, I would rather have full processor speed at all
time. Is there a way to change this configuration? I can't find a setting
specifically for that in power options.

Thanks,
S.E.

ScottE wrote:

> When my laptop is running on batter power, the processor speed slows down to
> save on power (as with most laptops). Since I usually use the battery for
> only short bursts of time, I would rather have full processor speed at all
> time. Is there a way to change this configuration? I can't find a setting
> specifically for that in power options.

That setting is typically found in the BIOS setup. Reboot and enter
your BIOS setup and look there for the option. Since you don't say what
make of laptop, I can't offer more specific instructions than this.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP MCE