Problems with ATI dual display

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Please help !!!

I installed a second graphics card. First one is ATI 8500 AIW. Second card
is Hightech Excalibur Radeon 9200 VIVO.

Both cards work fine, no problems with video or driver installation.
The problem is I cannot play any video. When I try to watch TV it gives me
"TV player failed to initialize the video." The video was working fine with
the 8500 before the 9200 was installed. With Media player, I can hear the
audio, but cannot see the video. With Intervideo's WinDVD it says, "I must
reduce the video size or resolution". All attempts to do this has failed.
I originally installed an NVIDIA pci card and the same thing happened. I was
told through the newsgroups that NVIDIA and ATI do not mix well together. So
I removed the NVIDIA and installed the Radeon card. And this did not work
either.

I really want this to work since the PCI card has dual output and I want to
use a third monitor. This is very frustrating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, James.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

go to
http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/
they shuld be able to answer any ? you have.
book mark the page your gona want to keep it. any time i set up a dual
monitor sys i check the data base to see what cards work well together.

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

"Cellular Dealer" <quan(poop)elite(goaway)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Please help !!!
>
> I installed a second graphics card. First one is ATI 8500 AIW. Second card
> is Hightech Excalibur Radeon 9200 VIVO.
>
> Both cards work fine, no problems with video or driver installation.
> The problem is I cannot play any video. When I try to watch TV it gives me
> "TV player failed to initialize the video." The video was working fine
with
> the 8500 before the 9200 was installed. With Media player, I can hear the
> audio, but cannot see the video. With Intervideo's WinDVD it says, "I must
> reduce the video size or resolution". All attempts to do this has failed.
> I originally installed an NVIDIA pci card and the same thing happened. I
was
> told through the newsgroups that NVIDIA and ATI do not mix well together.
So
> I removed the NVIDIA and installed the Radeon card. And this did not work
> either.
>
> I really want this to work since the PCI card has dual output and I want
> use a third monitor. This is very frustrating.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks, James.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

one thing you may want to try is a seperat TV card. thats what i ended up
doing. but some dont like to play tv unless they are on the primary monitor.
ask around on that website http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/ stop buying
cards till you know what will work

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

"Mangyrat" <rat@mangyrat.com> wrote in message
> go to
> http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/
> they shuld be able to answer any ? you have.
> book mark the page your gona want to keep it. any time i set up a dual
> monitor sys i check the data base to see what cards work well together.

> FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
> Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter
> http://mail.giantcompany.com
>

> "Cellular Dealer" <quan(poop)elite(goaway)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Please help !!!
> >
> > I installed a second graphics card. First one is ATI 8500 AIW. Second
card
> > is Hightech Excalibur Radeon 9200 VIVO.
> >
> > Both cards work fine, no problems with video or driver installation.
> > The problem is I cannot play any video. When I try to watch TV it gives
me
> > "TV player failed to initialize the video." The video was working fine
> with
> > the 8500 before the 9200 was installed. With Media player, I can hear
the
> > audio, but cannot see the video. With Intervideo's WinDVD it says, "I
must
> > reduce the video size or resolution". All attempts to do this has
failed.
> > I originally installed an NVIDIA pci card and the same thing happened. I
> was
> > told through the newsgroups that NVIDIA and ATI do not mix well
together.
> So
> > I removed the NVIDIA and installed the Radeon card. And this did not
work
> > either.
> >
> > I really want this to work since the PCI card has dual output and I want
> > use a third monitor. This is very frustrating.
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> > Thanks, James.

geoff

Cellular Dealer wrote:
> Please help !!!
>
> I installed a second graphics card. First one is ATI 8500 AIW. Second
> card is Hightech Excalibur Radeon 9200 VIVO.
>
> Both cards work fine, no problems with video or driver installation.
> The problem is I cannot play any video. When I try to watch TV it
> gives me "TV player failed to initialize the video." The video was
> working fine with the 8500 before the 9200 was installed. With Media
> player, I can hear the audio, but cannot see the video. With
> Intervideo's WinDVD it says, "I must reduce the video size or
> resolution". All attempts to do this has failed.
> I originally installed an NVIDIA pci card and the same thing
> happened. I was told through the newsgroups that NVIDIA and ATI do
> not mix well together. So I removed the NVIDIA and installed the
> Radeon card. And this did not work either.
>
> I really want this to work since the PCI card has dual output and I
> want to use a third monitor. This is very frustrating.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks, James.

latest drivers will help
video plays better on your primary, esp dvd's
they will prob fail on any secondary display, although if you use the latest
ati drivers i had it working, full video overlay on secondary pci card

ati 9800 pro primary (output to monitor and tv)
ati 7000 pci (output to monitor)

setup like that
i had to bin off the ati 7000 though, it made by system unstable for some
reason i couldn't pin down :(
now using

ati 9800 pro
matrox mystique 220 4 meg pci

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

I've had a second monitor before with another ATI card. It worked fine
except when I used to drag the video to the second monitor it would stop
working. But at least I was able to work on one monitor and watch TV or a
movie on the main one. Now I cannot even do that.

"Cellular Dealer" <quan(poop)elite(goaway)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Please help !!!
>
> I installed a second graphics card. First one is ATI 8500 AIW. Second card
> is Hightech Excalibur Radeon 9200 VIVO.
>
> Both cards work fine, no problems with video or driver installation.
> The problem is I cannot play any video. When I try to watch TV it gives me
> "TV player failed to initialize the video." The video was working fine
with
> the 8500 before the 9200 was installed. With Media player, I can hear the
> audio, but cannot see the video. With Intervideo's WinDVD it says, "I must
> reduce the video size or resolution". All attempts to do this has failed.
> I originally installed an NVIDIA pci card and the same thing happened. I
was
> told through the newsgroups that NVIDIA and ATI do not mix well together.
So
> I removed the NVIDIA and installed the Radeon card. And this did not work
> either.
>
> I really want this to work since the PCI card has dual output and I want
> use a third monitor. This is very frustrating.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks, James.

Pluvious

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 20:21:27 GMT, "Cellular Dealer"
<quan(poop)elite(goaway)@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I've had a second monitor before with another ATI card. It worked fine
>except when I used to drag the video to the second monitor it would stop
>working. But at least I was able to work on one monitor and watch TV or a
>movie on the main one. Now I cannot even do that.

If you have ATI Tool installed.. uninstall it.

Pluvious

>"Cellular Dealer" <quan(poop)elite(goaway)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Please help !!!
>>
>> I installed a second graphics card. First one is ATI 8500 AIW. Second card
>> is Hightech Excalibur Radeon 9200 VIVO.
>>
>> Both cards work fine, no problems with video or driver installation.
>> The problem is I cannot play any video. When I try to watch TV it gives me
>> "TV player failed to initialize the video." The video was working fine
>with
>> the 8500 before the 9200 was installed. With Media player, I can hear the
>> audio, but cannot see the video. With Intervideo's WinDVD it says, "I must
>> reduce the video size or resolution". All attempts to do this has failed.
>> I originally installed an NVIDIA pci card and the same thing happened. I
>was
>> told through the newsgroups that NVIDIA and ATI do not mix well together.
>So
>> I removed the NVIDIA and installed the Radeon card. And this did not work
>> either.
>>
>> I really want this to work since the PCI card has dual output and I want
>> use a third monitor. This is very frustrating.
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>> Thanks, James.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

I check in my add/remove I didn't see it.
Is it located somewhere else that I can see it then remove it?

thanks. This problem is very frustrating.

> If you have ATI Tool installed.. uninstall it.
>
> Pluvious

Pluvious

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 19:26:55 GMT, "Cellular Dealer"
<quan(poop)elite(goaway)@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I check in my add/remove I didn't see it.
>Is it located somewhere else that I can see it then remove it?
>
>thanks. This problem is very frustrating.
>

>> If you have ATI Tool installed.. uninstall it.
>>
>> Pluvious

Do you use Omega drivers?.. it comes with the set. If you didn't
download it separately then you don't have it and I was wrong. I
assumed you where using Omegas.

Pluvious