User folders - how to change names

miss mouth

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
i am selling a laptop to a co-worker but am having troubles changing the user name. This is windows 7 home premium 64 bit. The folders under "users" are the "public" and the my name. I want to change it from my name to their name but it has a lock symbol on the icon and I cannot figure out how to do it.
I was able to go into user accounts and change the name there, no problem. But the "users" folder will not change also.
How do I do this? I do not want to do a fresh install or anything - this laptop is only one month old but I ended up not liking it. I already installed Abode professional, Office Professional 2010, and a bunch of other software that the buyer is paying me extra for, so doing a clean install would screw that up for them. Is there any way to change the folder name or are they just stuck with it?

mibix19

Distinguished
Hi,. Go to Control panel \ System.On the right click on change settings then click on change computer name.( below the box which says 'give this computer a name') Change your name for the person who is buying it

TRENDING THREADS