Sierra Wireless Aircards on Cingular?

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.data,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Any reason why an unlocked Aircard 750 (or the about-to-be-released
775) won't work on Cingular? I know Cingular sells the Sony Ericsson
GC82 - is that for any technical reason or just marketing?

Sierra has an SDK available for download, and I can buy unlocked 750s
on eBay, hence my interest.

Anyone?

--
Sloth Kills!
http://www.geocities.com/slothkills/

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.data,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In <2t15j01a568ostulnseci7fbbbfkv7a7j9@4ax.com> on Sun, 29 Aug 2004 18:58:32
-0700, Scott en Aztlan <slothkills@NOyahooSPAM.com> wrote:

>Any reason why an unlocked Aircard 750 (or the about-to-be-released
>775) won't work on Cingular? ...

None at all. GSM is a standard.

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.data,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 23:35:33 GMT, John Navas
<spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:

>>Any reason why an unlocked Aircard 750 (or the about-to-be-released
>>775) won't work on Cingular? ...
>
>None at all. GSM is a standard.

Thanks, John!