need command to open Windows Explorer

Before my computer crashed, someone had given me a way to have my computer
open at C:\ whenever I rebooted or opened Windows explorer. I can't
remember what they told me.

Now when I reboot and open Windows Explorer,
it shows " +My Computer" at the top ... but I want it so that "My Computer"
is already opened with my C:| drive already expanded.

Anyone know the magic? Thanks ... Michael Mauzey

Thank you both very much !!!!

"Michael Mauzey" <pormike@canby.com> wrote in message
> Before my computer crashed, someone had given me a way to have my computer
> open at C:\ whenever I rebooted or opened Windows explorer. I can't
> remember what they told me.
>
> Now when I reboot and open Windows Explorer,
> it shows " +My Computer" at the top ... but I want it so that "My
Computer"
> is already opened with my C:| drive already expanded.
>
> Anyone know the magic? Thanks ... Michael Mauzey

Hi Michael,

Right-click on Windows Explorer, select Properties>Shortcut tab. In the
Target field, the path should be the following in order to have it open with
C: drive expanded:

%SystemRoot%\EXPLORER.EXE /e, c:

When you've made the changes, click on Apply then OK

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Michael Mauzey" <pormike@canby.com> wrote in message
> Before my computer crashed, someone had given me a way to have my computer
> open at C:\ whenever I rebooted or opened Windows explorer. I can't
> remember what they told me.
>
> Now when I reboot and open Windows Explorer,
> it shows " +My Computer" at the top ... but I want it so that "My
Computer"
> is already opened with my C:| drive already expanded.
>
> Anyone know the magic? Thanks ... Michael Mauzey

pop

Easier yet, right click on the desktop,. select new |
Folder, and put that command line in the location box. Name
it, and you're done.

"Patti MacLeod" <pam120@nospamshaw.ca> wrote in message
> Hi Michael,
>
> Right-click on Windows Explorer, select
Properties>Shortcut tab. In the
> Target field, the path should be the following in order to
have it open with
> C: drive expanded:
>
> %SystemRoot%\EXPLORER.EXE /e, c:
>
> When you've made the changes, click on Apply then OK
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Patti MacLeod
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "Michael Mauzey" <pormike@canby.com> wrote in message
> > Before my computer crashed, someone had given me a way
to have my computer
> > open at C:\ whenever I rebooted or opened Windows
explorer. I can't
> > remember what they told me.
> >
> > Now when I reboot and open Windows Explorer,
> > it shows " +My Computer" at the top ... but I want it so
that "My
> Computer"
> > is already opened with my C:| drive already expanded.
> >
> > Anyone know the magic? Thanks ... Michael Mauzey

Hi

Put the following into the Target: box for the shortcut to Windows Explorer:

%systemroot%\explorer.exe /e,c:

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Michael Mauzey" <pormike@canby.com> wrote in message
| Before my computer crashed, someone had given me a way to have my computer
| open at C:\ whenever I rebooted or opened Windows explorer. I can't
| remember what they told me.
|
| Now when I reboot and open Windows Explorer,
| it shows " +My Computer" at the top ... but I want it so that "My
Computer"
| is already opened with my C:| drive already expanded.
|
| Anyone know the magic? Thanks ... Michael Mauzey

You're welcome.

--

| Thank you both very much !!!!
|
| "Michael Mauzey" <pormike@canby.com> wrote in message
| > Before my computer crashed, someone had given me a way to have my
computer
| > open at C:\ whenever I rebooted or opened Windows explorer. I can't
| > remember what they told me.
| >
| > Now when I reboot and open Windows Explorer,
| > it shows " +My Computer" at the top ... but I want it so that "My
| Computer"
| > is already opened with my C:| drive already expanded.
| >
| > Anyone know the magic? Thanks ... Michael Mauzey

You're welcome! :)

Regards,