SESM

Great airport in FS9.

Try to land there. Take care!!! Unbelievable they make landingstrips like
these. Is it there in real life as well?

Henk,
Yep, that is one of the better terrain mesh goofs in FS2004. When Microsoft
created the terrain meshes for this program, they must have used a
pre-existing database somewhere for their terrain elevation data points.
Considering how many millions of entries that this database must have had,
its not surprising that there were a few errors. Its not surprising that
they couldn't check them all. Here are some other ones that have been found
so far:

Kamarang, Guyana (SYKM) N05 46.65 W60 34.16 - Look for a +60,000 ft rock
spire right next to a -100,000 ft. hole in the ground!
Muskogee/Davis, USA (KMKO) N35 38.84 W95.21.03 - I dare you to try
touch-and-goes at this airport...I dare you!
Glenn Winchester, Ark. USA (2AR6) N33 46.11 W93.56.26 - Millwood Lake
sinkhole. Also has one of the largest waterfalls in our solar system!
Stockton Mun, Mo. (M03) N37 38.81 W93 40.18 - Stockton Lake sinkhole. This
also has one of the largest waterfalls in our solar system!
Rio Amazonas, Shell Mera Ecuador (SESM) S1 30.46 W78 3.43 - Don't even
attempt a takeoff without PLENTY of horsepower!
900 ft stationary ocean wave S73 37.92 W102 39.59

Randy L.

"Henk" <lkjfsd@sdkj.com> wrote in message
> Great airport in FS9.
>
> Try to land there. Take care!!! Unbelievable they make landingstrips like
> these. Is it there in real life as well?

Thanks for the other useful goofs, Randy:)

I flew to KMKO with a few sim friends over the internet. When arriving at
KMKO, one of my friends thought he was having problems with his pc. He kept
saying through Teamspeak 'Help, I am having problems here. I am flying
upside down! The runway is above me! I have to restart my pc!"

I don't feel sorry for him, for he should't have let us fly 'down to' SESM,
hehehehehe

fred

Here's another. "SPZA"
See: http://home.hccnet.nl/f.braaksma/docs/nasca/nasca2.html