Speciality Ink

I have a HP 932 DeskJet Printer, and I would like to know if there are
"speciality" inks that I can buy for it. For instance, I would like
some metallic-looking gold ink to use with my Christmas cards. I could
not find any information about this issue at the HP website. Does
anyone knows of such a product and how I could purchase it? Thank you.

Paula wrote:
> I have a HP 932 DeskJet Printer, and I would like to know if there are
> "speciality" inks that I can buy for it. For instance, I would like
> some metallic-looking gold ink to use with my Christmas cards. I could
> not find any information about this issue at the HP website. Does
> anyone knows of such a product and how I could purchase it? Thank you.

Don't we have enough problems with print heads clogging using the three
color "kool-aid" they put in cartridges? :)

I'm guessing inks have to be very liquidy (watery) in order to pass
safely through those really tiny nozzles they use these days. Metallic
inks would require gold or silver (or other color) particles that would
instantly clog your print head. At least that's my take on it.

-Taliesyn

Taliesyn wrote:
> Paula wrote:
>> I have a HP 932 DeskJet Printer, and I would like to know if there
>> are "speciality" inks that I can buy for it. For instance, I would
>> like some metallic-looking gold ink to use with my Christmas cards.
>> I could not find any information about this issue at the HP website.
>> Does anyone knows of such a product and how I could purchase it?
>> Thank you.
>
> Don't we have enough problems with print heads clogging using the
> three color "kool-aid" they put in cartridges? :)
>
> I'm guessing inks have to be very liquidy (watery) in order to pass
> safely through those really tiny nozzles they use these days. Metallic
> inks would require gold or silver (or other color) particles that
> would instantly clog your print head. At least that's my take on it.
>
> -Taliesyn

And you would be correct. AFAIK, there is no liquid metallic ink. Back in
the dim and distant past, when I was about 10 and shopping for my first
colour printer (OK, second, we had a Star LC24-200C dot matrix) and we were
pursuaded by the salesdroid in PC World to purchase a Citizen Printiva 600C
(he was obviously on heavy commission). It was a thermal unit (like an Alps)
and took cassettes which lasted about three sheets and cost around £15 each.
In the back of the manual (such as it was) was an order form for their
speciality cartridges which, IIRC, came in the following: -

Metallic red
Metallic green
Metallic blue
Metallic purple
Copper
Silver
Gold

I also seem to recall that, because it was thermal, it also had a white
cassette, though I could be wrong about that.

I also seem to recall that those Xerox machines that took what my mother
used to call "wine gums" of solid ink, could also print metallic.

But no, there is no liquid metallic ink.

on salads.

Avery makes a paper that when used with an inkjet printer it makes it appear
metallic. You might want to check the Avery website. I have used it and it
does a very nice job.

Safetymom123 wrote:
> Avery makes a paper that when used with an inkjet printer it makes it
> appear metallic. You might want to check the Avery website. I have
> used it and it does a very nice job.

Interesting...very insteresting. Bet it's not available from Avery UK...
on salads.