Win XP Corporate Edition / Volume License ?

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • License
  • Windows XP
August 25, 2004 1:35:05 PM

All,

I know you have all heard of Corporate Editions of windows software or
Volume Licenses. I am in need of a Corporate Edition version of Windows XP
Pro for my company. I dont know if I am calling this the correct name, but
this is what I need.

1 copy of Windows xp pro with unlimited number of clients -- legilally --

Does anyone know where to find this ? I have been all over the M$ website..

TIA

Drum on .. .. .. .. .

More about : win corporate edition volume license

Anonymous
August 25, 2004 4:40:01 PM

It's right on the Microsoft XP Professional page:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/default...

Joe

"Drumgod" <Drumgod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All,
>
> I know you have all heard of Corporate Editions of windows software or
> Volume Licenses. I am in need of a Corporate Edition version of Windows XP
> Pro for my company. I dont know if I am calling this the correct name, but
> this is what I need.
>
> 1 copy of Windows xp pro with unlimited number of clients -- legilally --
>
> Does anyone know where to find this ? I have been all over the M$
> website..
>
> TIA
>
> Drum on .. .. .. .. .
Anonymous
August 25, 2004 4:40:02 PM

And it's not unlimited, either. You buy the number of licenses you need.

"Joe727" <nospam@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> It's right on the Microsoft XP Professional page:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/default...
>
> Joe
>
> "Drumgod" <Drumgod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> All,
>>
>> I know you have all heard of Corporate Editions of windows software or
>> Volume Licenses. I am in need of a Corporate Edition version of Windows
>> XP
>> Pro for my company. I dont know if I am calling this the correct name,
>> but
>> this is what I need.
>>
>> 1 copy of Windows xp pro with unlimited number of clients -- legilally --
>>
>> Does anyone know where to find this ? I have been all over the M$
>> website..
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Drum on .. .. .. .. .

August 25, 2004 5:59:33 PM

You can buy any number of licenses you need. If that's not unlimited, then
what is?

Joe

"D.Currie" <dmbcurrie.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> And it's not unlimited, either. You buy the number of licenses you need.
>
> "Joe727" <nospam@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>> It's right on the Microsoft XP Professional page:
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/default...
>>
>> Joe
>>
>> "Drumgod" <Drumgod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> All,
>>>
>>> I know you have all heard of Corporate Editions of windows software or
>>> Volume Licenses. I am in need of a Corporate Edition version of Windows
>>> XP
>>> Pro for my company. I dont know if I am calling this the correct name,
>>> but
>>> this is what I need.
>>>
>>> 1 copy of Windows xp pro with unlimited number of clients --
>>> legilally --
>>>
>>> Does anyone know where to find this ? I have been all over the M$
>>> website..
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Drum on .. .. .. .. .

Anonymous
August 25, 2004 5:59:34 PM

I believe the implication of the OP is that he wants to buy an unlimited
license and there is no such thing. If you buy a specific number of
licenses and you can only purchase a specific number of licenses as opposed
to an open ended agreement, that is limited.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

> You can buy any number of licenses you need. If that's not unlimited,
> then what is?
>
> Joe
>
> "D.Currie" <dmbcurrie.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> And it's not unlimited, either. You buy the number of licenses you need.
>>
>> "Joe727" <nospam@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>>> It's right on the Microsoft XP Professional page:
>>>
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/default...
>>>
>>> Joe
>>>
>>> "Drumgod" <Drumgod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
August 25, 2004 7:10:49 PM

IC - then he essentially wants free Operating Systems. Guess he needs to
learn Linux.

Joe

"Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in
message news:uYBOlPtiEHA.344@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>I believe the implication of the OP is that he wants to buy an unlimited
>license and there is no such thing. If you buy a specific number of
>licenses and you can only purchase a specific number of licenses as opposed
>to an open ended agreement, that is limited.
>
> --
> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>
> "Joe727" <nospam@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>> You can buy any number of licenses you need. If that's not unlimited,
>> then what is?
>>
>> Joe
>>
>> "D.Currie" <dmbcurrie.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> And it's not unlimited, either. You buy the number of licenses you need.
>>>
>>> "Joe727" <nospam@nospam.nospam> wrote in message

Anonymous
August 25, 2004 7:10:50 PM

LOL, well, Joe, it may just be an issue of semantics or an understanding of
what the volume license actually provides.

--

news:o sGg8ctiEHA.712@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> IC - then he essentially wants free Operating Systems. Guess he needs to
> learn Linux.
>
> Joe
>
> "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in
> message news:uYBOlPtiEHA.344@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>I believe the implication of the OP is that he wants to buy an unlimited
>>license and there is no such thing. If you buy a specific number of
>>licenses and you can only purchase a specific number of licenses as
>>opposed to an open ended agreement, that is limited.
>>
>> --
>> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
>> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>>
>> "Joe727" <nospam@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>>> You can buy any number of licenses you need. If that's not unlimited,
>>> then what is?
>>>
>>> Joe
>>>
>>> "D.Currie" <dmbcurrie.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
August 25, 2004 9:42:08 PM

You need to purchase a Volume License version of Windows XP,
and purchase a license for each computer you wish to install it on.

How to Acquire Microsoft Product Licenses Through Microsoft's Volume Licensing Programs
http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/howtoacquire.mspx

Microsoft Volume Licensing FAQ
http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/resources/faq.mspx

--