Win XP Corporate Edition / Volume License ?

All,

I know you have all heard of Corporate Editions of windows software or
Volume Licenses. I am in need of a Corporate Edition version of Windows XP
Pro for my company. I dont know if I am calling this the correct name, but
this is what I need.

1 copy of Windows xp pro with unlimited number of clients -- legilally --

Does anyone know where to find this ? I have been all over the M$ website..

TIA

Drum on .. .. .. .. .
7 answers Last reply
More about corporate edition volume license

    It's right on the Microsoft XP Professional page:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/default.mspx

    Joe

    "Drumgod" <Drumgod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > All,
    >
    > I know you have all heard of Corporate Editions of windows software or
    > Volume Licenses. I am in need of a Corporate Edition version of Windows XP
    > Pro for my company. I dont know if I am calling this the correct name, but
    > this is what I need.
    >
    > 1 copy of Windows xp pro with unlimited number of clients -- legilally --
    >
    > Does anyone know where to find this ? I have been all over the M$
    > website..
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Drum on .. .. .. .. .

    And it's not unlimited, either. You buy the number of licenses you need.

    "Joe727" <nospam@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
    > It's right on the Microsoft XP Professional page:
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/default.mspx
    >
    > Joe
    >
    > "Drumgod" <Drumgod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> All,
    >>
    >> I know you have all heard of Corporate Editions of windows software or
    >> Volume Licenses. I am in need of a Corporate Edition version of Windows
    >> XP
    >> Pro for my company. I dont know if I am calling this the correct name,
    >> but
    >> this is what I need.
    >>
    >> 1 copy of Windows xp pro with unlimited number of clients -- legilally --
    >>
    >> Does anyone know where to find this ? I have been all over the M$
    >> website..
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> Drum on .. .. .. .. .

    You can buy any number of licenses you need. If that's not unlimited, then
    what is?

    Joe

    "D.Currie" <dmbcurrie.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > And it's not unlimited, either. You buy the number of licenses you need.
    >
    > "Joe727" <nospam@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
    >> It's right on the Microsoft XP Professional page:
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/default.mspx
    >>
    >> Joe
    >>
    >> "Drumgod" <Drumgod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> All,
    >>>
    >>> I know you have all heard of Corporate Editions of windows software or
    >>> Volume Licenses. I am in need of a Corporate Edition version of Windows
    >>> XP
    >>> Pro for my company. I dont know if I am calling this the correct name,
    >>> but
    >>> this is what I need.
    >>>
    >>> 1 copy of Windows xp pro with unlimited number of clients --
    >>> legilally --
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know where to find this ? I have been all over the M$
    >>> website..
    >>>
    >>> TIA
    >>>
    >>> Drum on .. .. .. .. .

    I believe the implication of the OP is that he wants to buy an unlimited
    license and there is no such thing. If you buy a specific number of
    licenses and you can only purchase a specific number of licenses as opposed
    to an open ended agreement, that is limited.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    > You can buy any number of licenses you need. If that's not unlimited,
    > then what is?
    >
    > Joe
    >
    > "D.Currie" <dmbcurrie.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> And it's not unlimited, either. You buy the number of licenses you need.
    >>
    >> "Joe727" <nospam@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
    >>> It's right on the Microsoft XP Professional page:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/default.mspx
    >>>
    >>> Joe
    >>>
    >>> "Drumgod" <Drumgod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    IC - then he essentially wants free Operating Systems. Guess he needs to
    learn Linux.

    Joe

    "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in
    message news:uYBOlPtiEHA.344@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    >I believe the implication of the OP is that he wants to buy an unlimited
    >license and there is no such thing. If you buy a specific number of
    >licenses and you can only purchase a specific number of licenses as opposed
    >to an open ended agreement, that is limited.
    >
    > --
    > Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    > Windows Shell/User
    > Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    > DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >
    > "Joe727" <nospam@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
    >> You can buy any number of licenses you need. If that's not unlimited,
    >> then what is?
    >>
    >> Joe
    >>
    >> "D.Currie" <dmbcurrie.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> And it's not unlimited, either. You buy the number of licenses you need.
    >>>
    >>> "Joe727" <nospam@nospam.nospam> wrote in message

    LOL, well, Joe, it may just be an issue of semantics or an understanding of
    what the volume license actually provides.

    --

    > IC - then he essentially wants free Operating Systems. Guess he needs to
    > learn Linux.
    >
    > Joe
    >
    > "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in
    > message news:uYBOlPtiEHA.344@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    >>I believe the implication of the OP is that he wants to buy an unlimited
    >>license and there is no such thing. If you buy a specific number of
    >>licenses and you can only purchase a specific number of licenses as
    >>opposed to an open ended agreement, that is limited.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    >> Windows Shell/User
    >> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    >> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >>
    >> "Joe727" <nospam@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
    >>> You can buy any number of licenses you need. If that's not unlimited,
    >>> then what is?
    >>>
    >>> Joe
    >>>
    >>> "D.Currie" <dmbcurrie.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    You need to purchase a Volume License version of Windows XP,
    and purchase a license for each computer you wish to install it on.

    How to Acquire Microsoft Product Licenses Through Microsoft's Volume Licensing Programs
    http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/howtoacquire.mspx

    Microsoft Volume Licensing FAQ
    http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/resources/faq.mspx

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Drumgod" wrote:

    | All,
    |
    | I know you have all heard of Corporate Editions of windows software or
    | Volume Licenses. I am in need of a Corporate Edition version of Windows XP
    | Pro for my company. I dont know if I am calling this the correct name, but
    | this is what I need.
    |
    | 1 copy of Windows xp pro with unlimited number of clients -- legilally --
    |
    | Does anyone know where to find this ? I have been all over the M$ website..
    |
    | TIA
    |
    | Drum on .. .. .. .. .

Microsoft License Windows XP