bloodrain

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2006
k first off i want a cam that is xp friendly(dont ask)
1.price
2.atleast 3mega pixil
3.built to last(some that can take a beating)

nobly

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
You'd be better off just buying a separate card reader. Then you don't have to worry about OS's as much.

You should give us your price range. There are $50 3 megapixel cameras that suck. There are 12 megapixel cameras that cost $5k.

Take a beating? Like what, weather proof? Mud proof? Underwater capable???

bloodrain

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2006
i meant the 3 is the minamal i would go.
why the xp thin is i purchase a 50 doller digital camera before(had no clue at that time) and driver would never work. even with ther updated ones.
some water proof if i get cart in a storm.

nobly

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
Again, just buy a separate card reader - they're practically all OS compatible and will save your camera some battery life.

Again, give us a price range. Be specific as possible. If you don't give us all the information you can we end up wasting alot of our time.

nobly

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
I don't think you're going to end up finding a good quality camera for that. You're looking at the low-end of the spectrum, or a used camera.

I always recommend a Canon or Nikon. You can get an Canon A410 (3mega) for like $125. I think Olympus makes some 'weather proof' cameras so you might want to check out their website. You'll probably have to look at their archived products to find something under $150 online.

If you're just worried about some rain, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you get a case for your camera, it should be somewhat waterproof. Just don't submerge it or anything - I don't think any camera can take that unless its specialized for underwater or has an underwater case. If you want to take pictures in the rain you can just take quick shots and stick the camera back into the case. Get some lens cloth to get rid of water spots.

nobly

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
I find that Canon and Nikon (Canon by a little bit) have the best image quality on the market. Not sure how Minolta does, but I'm pretty sure it'll be subpar to Canon or Nikon.

Minolta might have more zoom, but if it doesn't have the right image quality or the correct color balance, your picture won't look that good. The top priority for good looking pictures is color balance and image quality.