Hi, not so much a moan more looking for feed back.
I installed sp1 updates a while ago then removed them all
because one or more updates caused my machine to freeze.
Works fine without the updates so my thought is if it
aint broke don't fix it. Maybe sp2 updates will be
better, anyway has anybody else had the same sort of
problem? if so did you manage to get round it?
I'm starting to think it may be down to the main
board/processor or harddrive, i shall soon find out as
i'm getting a new computer but still using the same
harddrive.. looking forward to hearing from you.
Cheers, Steve

Highly unlikely it goes that deep. Second, SP2 will bring the system up to
date, hence, many if not most of the SP1 updates will essentially be
included.

When you perform major updates such as this, you are changing the
environment and you need to check device manufacturer and application maker
websites for updated drivers and any application updates. Freezes are most
often the result of drivers or software compatibility issues that can
usually be corrected with the proper updates.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User