ILS Frequency

Basic Question - Where do I find the ILS frequencies in FS 2002? The Map
view lists ATC, NDB and VOR's but not ILS as far as I can tell
Thanks ...

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:14:22 GMT, Tick <tick@nospam.net> wrote:

>Basic Question - Where do I find the ILS frequencies in FS 2002? The Map
>view lists ATC, NDB and VOR's but not ILS as far as I can tell
>Thanks ...

Hi Tick

I use FS2002.

Using the dafault Cessna 172 ...

Have a peek at the pannel
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Pannel.jpg
to viewy the flight map.

Having selected your chosen airport and scroled down a bit you should
see something along the lines of
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Frequencies.jpg

In this case, the ILS frequency is 110.90 and the runway heading will
be one of 082 or 262. Your heading should be set to one of these two
settings for a proper ILS aproach and landing.

From memory, I believe this truncated screen shot is for London
Gatwick. Other airports with more complex runway allignments will have
more runways and frequencies. ATC will vector you towards the correct
strip.

James

Roger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 17:48:54 GMT, James Hodson
<jUNDERSCOREhodson@ntlworld.com.invalid> wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:14:22 GMT, Tick <tick@nospam.net> wrote:
>
>>Basic Question - Where do I find the ILS frequencies in FS 2002? The Map
>>view lists ATC, NDB and VOR's but not ILS as far as I can tell
>>Thanks ...
>
>Hi Tick
>
>I use FS2002.
>
>Using the dafault Cessna 172 ...
>
>Have a peek at the pannel
>http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Pannel.jpg
>to viewy the flight map.
>
>Having selected your chosen airport and scroled down a bit you should
>see something along the lines of
>http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Frequencies.jpg
>
>In this case, the ILS frequency is 110.90 and the runway heading will
>be one of 082 or 262. Your heading should be set to one of these two
>settings for a proper ILS aproach and landing.

VORs require setting the OBS. The ILS should not.
IRL, we usually set the heading on the OBS, but it only serves as a
reminder and does nothing else.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

>From memory, I believe this truncated screen shot is for London
>Gatwick. Other airports with more complex runway allignments will have
>more runways and frequencies. ATC will vector you towards the correct
>strip.
>
>James

alt / world / map, find the airport you want, zoom in, click on the
runway(s) of that airport, when the dialog box appears showing the ATC freqs
etc, scroll to the bottom of that box and there you wil find the ILS
listings to that airport

hope this helps
"Tick" <tick@nospam.net> wrote in message
> Basic Question - Where do I find the ILS frequencies in FS 2002? The Map
> view lists ATC, NDB and VOR's but not ILS as far as I can tell
> Thanks ...

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 18:48:33 -0400, Roger
<Delete-Invallid.stuff.groups@tm.net> wrote:

>VORs require setting the OBS. The ILS should not.
>IRL, we usually set the heading on the OBS, but it only serves as a
>reminder and does nothing else.

Hi Roger

I do appreciate that but thanks anyway. Tick was asking specifically
about ILS and, as I knew I had some suitable images online, i decided
to ansrwer his question.

Neverthess, thanks for reminding me about the real world procedure and
the practice of setting the OBS, something I neglect to do in FS.

James

Ed

Thanks to all - in this case I was just somehow oblivious to the fact
that the info window had a scroll bar! Everythings cool now.

James Hodson <jUNDERSCOREhodson@ntlworld.com.invalid> wrote in