Cisco VPN Client vs L2TP

Are there any advantages in using Cisco VPN Client (4.0.4) rather than L2TP
to connect remote windows 2000 / XP computers to the office network through
a Cisco Pix firewall? My first thoughts are that it may be more secure by
virtue of the fact that L2TP is more widely used and so more likely to have
been cracked.

Any opinions or pointers to comparisons on the web would be most
appreciated.

--
Andy B
for personal replies, given email address will return to sender. Please use

I found that by using the client I can do split tunneling. By that I
mean I can access the internet and the remote site at the sametime.
Other forms of VPN tunnels can lock you into the other side's network
and that's it.