Protecting settings

There are several instances in the desktop, in Windows Explorer and in
Windows Internet Explorer, where it is possible to "drag" items about with
the mouse. Is there way of disabling (preferably selectively disabling)
this possibility?

Examples might be (1) icons in the taskbar, (2) shortcuts to favourites
appearing in the dropdown menu in Internet Explorer, and (3) folders in
Windows Explorer, that I do not want to be inadvertently or accidentally
dragged (could hopefully still do this by disabling the protection). Is
there any way of protecting these settings?

Thanks

--
Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears

If you can do it, it would likely only be in XP Pro as opposed to Home
Edition, possibly using the Group Policy Editor:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307882

You might get a better response in the windowsxp.customize,
windowsxp.configuration_manage or the windowsxp.network_web newsgroups.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User