MS Picture It Photo Premium 9

How do I set MS Picture It Photo Premium 9 to be the default picture reader
when I receive a photo attachment that I want to open. My email currently
opens another photo program in an attempt to read (open) photos received via
email.

Is it necessary to delete the photo program that I do not want to open my
email pics before Picture It Photo Premium 9 will be the default opener
--
Gene B
1 answer Last reply

    You need to associate the various extensions with Picture It. It should
    have offered you the opportunity to do this as it was installing. You might
    want to check its options. Conversely, if you installed the alternate
    application after Picture It, it likely changed this option.

    Another way to do it, is to find the graphic types on your hard drive, jpeg,
    gif, etc. and then associate them with Picture It. For example, find any
    jpeg on your hard drive, select it, right click while depressing the shift
    key, select Open With from the context menu, find Picture It in the list or
    browse to it if you don't see it, select it to open the file type and select
    the option to always open files of this type in that application.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "Gene" <Gene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How do I set MS Picture It Photo Premium 9 to be the default picture
    > reader
    > when I receive a photo attachment that I want to open. My email
    > currently
    > opens another photo program in an attempt to read (open) photos received
    > via
    > email.
    >
    > Is it necessary to delete the photo program that I do not want to open my
    > email pics before Picture It Photo Premium 9 will be the default opener
    > --
    > Gene B

Default Photo Email Windows XP