Asus Vento 3600

the_guru

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2005
If you like the design it's a good choice. I've several friends who dream of a Asus Vento but they think it's still too expensive.

the_guru

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2005
Some professional opinions:

Conclusion

Well, let’s sum up a few things.

* The case looks amazing. Its shape and design are ideal for a solution that is intended to impress.
* No complaints about the cooling quality: all devices that need efficient cooling get their streams of cold air (although the intaking fan might need some extra work).
* The assembly is easy and will go without any problems. Also, we should give credit to the management kit, which can prevent you from damaging such expensive components as graphics card, for instance.
* The only thing you should keep in mind as a possible drawback is the painted surface of the case, which requires very gentle handling and doesn’t stand any physical shocks and hits. The paint they used looks more like the car paint, which can clip off if you hit it hard.

There is one more thing worth mentioning: the price. Unfortunately, it is still pretty exclusive, just like that ASUS VENTO 3600 system case itself. Hopefully, the situation will change for the better soon.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/other/display/asus-vento-3600.html

Some other reviews:

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1760

http://www.barrys-rigs-n-reviews.com/reviews/2005/hardware/vento/vento3600_1.htm

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1763418,00.asp

dizman

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2006
Just purchased a new pc and i ordered the new Asus VEnto case. DId i make a good choice? Please give ur opinion.

My roommate recently built a new computer and got the Black Vento and loves the thing. It's a bit big for my tastes but it's very nice. Very nice finish on it though it's not paint just a super high gloss plastic with metallic like bits in it. I make fun of it sometimes refer to it as Vadar, hehe.

I helped him install stuff in it the toolless stuff is very simple and usefull. Lots of room though kind of ackward to install in it cause it's not flat if you lay it on it's side but he used a folded towel to solve that problem. It's very quite and seems to cool quite while those the front fan placement seems weird to me.

Honestly the only downsides to it are, the price is high for a case, and the thing is freak'n huge! Not only tall, but deep, and wide make sure you have enough room to place it where you want.

It's a nice case, enjoy

Gryfalcon

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2004
I have been to frys electronics and saw the case there it looks very cool and from what I have heare its a good case the only problem I saw with it was maybe the door, and the fact it wasnt flat on one side at least. The door seem to have problems latching on properly at the store there, but that could have just been because it was a demo model. check out http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustRatingReview.asp?Item=N82E16811173008
to read some user reviews of it.

duke8989

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
THIS CASE BLOWS, to say the least poor construction, poor cooling, poor well everything. 90% of this case is low quailty plastic. The included fans are really slow and useless, so air flow is nearly null. The Led lights on the bottom are Hot glued on there. (guess what happens to hot glue when it gets hot). Also did i mention the inside is sorta small its pretty small for an atx mid tower and theres no room for cables or cable management. Also the smarties who put it together thought one 80mm rubber fan spinning at 1000rpms while turned sideways would pull in enough air for intake. Also the Case acts like an Thermos with 1 layer of cheap glossed 4mm plastic and the other layer of Steel with a middle Airpocket for improved insulation. The folks at ASUS make em pretty but there really really useless. But i reglued my LED's and if you dont run alot of HOt components then i guess this case would be nice.

<--Heh, poor grammar as always.

offender_mullet

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
I just received mine. While I haven't setup anything yet, it seems like there's no space at all between the motherboard (Asus P4P800E-Deluxe) and power supply.....which could pose a huge problem, considering the processor is near that top of the mobo and the new heatsink I'll be getting is the Thermalright SI-120. :evil:

I'll post a review once I get everything installed.

offender_mullet

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
When I started the the "Looking For A 24" Tall, All-Aluminum ATX Case" thread, I should've listened to your responses. Instead, I made an impulse buy.......

After installing a Asus P4P800E-Deluxe mobo, Antec True Power 430W, Plextor 24x cd-rw drive, Asus dvd-rom drive, Pioneer dvd-rw drive, Maxtor 30GB hard drive, floppy drive, Auzentech Xplosion sound card and finally the BFG 7800GS OC agp vid card.......there is no room left at all, the power supply cables are very cramped & the power supply itself almost comes in contact with the motherboard! I have a huge Swiftec heatsink, but any other larger heatsink would probably rub up against the power supply, or not fit at all.

The width is 12" (due to her fat exterior), while the interior is the average mid-tower width. I thought they would've built a frame that went along with the ext design, which would've helped a lot in regards to cooling properties, but no.....they didn't.

In my old Chieftec case, my BFG 7800GS use to be around 39 on idle, now it's 44. The P4 3.0 processor hardly ever went above 34. It's now at around 40.....on idle. I'm also getting a 3.4E Prescott, so I'm afraid at how hot it'll be in this.

PROS:
1.) The exterior design is very unique.

2.) The 2 lights in the front of the case look cool.

CONS:
1.) Very little extra room. Don't even think about installing another hard drive, unless you can fit it in an extra 5" bay.

2.) Poor cooling design. There are two huge vents in the front, which if they had 2 fans sucking air in, instead of the fans mounted on the side, it would've been awesome.

3.) The front panel door seems way too flimsy.

4.) See other reasons listed in review.

FINAL THOUGHTS:
Don't believe all the 'pro' reviews on this case. What a waste of $140. I would NOT buy this if I were you. The Chieftec case had a heck of a lot more room, was more solidly built & had extra mounts for fans. This was like downloading what you think is X-Men 3, only to see that it's really Brokeback Mountain, because some jacka** re-named the file. :lol: Ok.....I'm done ranting..... :D