Multiple copies of epson driver

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
December 1, 2004 1:04:50 PM

I installed my new Epson 7600 last night and the installation somehow
ended
up with 2 Epson Printer Icons in my system tray, one called (when I
put my cursor over it) Epson Stylus Pro 7600 and the other called
Epson Stylus Pro 7600 Copy 1.

I just ran msconfig (I am on a Windows XP Platform) and told the
system not to load the Copy 1 version during Startup (the file was
E_S10IC2 in the list of startup programs) and now I only get the one
Epson Printer icon in my system tray. However, if I open print with
preview from Adobe PS CS I do have the option to print from Epson
7600 or Epson 7600 Copy 1 in the drop down printer menu. Also, if I
go into the Control Panel and into the Printers and Faxes Folder
there is a printer icon for the 7600 as well as 7600 Copy 1. Is the
best
thing to do here NOTHING and just ignore the Copy 1 and don''t use it
(and will that somehow ''confuse'' the system?) or to DELETE the Epson
7600 Copy 1 via the Control Panel (which seems like it would be easy
to do)???? I would prefer to get rid of it if it is not a problem to
do so.
December 1, 2004 10:22:46 PM

"Howard" <hgrill1@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I installed my new Epson 7600 last night and the installation somehow
> ended
> up with 2 Epson Printer Icons in my system tray, one called (when I
> put my cursor over it) Epson Stylus Pro 7600 and the other called
> Epson Stylus Pro 7600 Copy 1.
>
> I just ran msconfig (I am on a Windows XP Platform) and told the
> system not to load the Copy 1 version during Startup (the file was
> E_S10IC2 in the list of startup programs) and now I only get the one
> Epson Printer icon in my system tray. However, if I open print with
> preview from Adobe PS CS I do have the option to print from Epson
> 7600 or Epson 7600 Copy 1 in the drop down printer menu. Also, if I
> go into the Control Panel and into the Printers and Faxes Folder
> there is a printer icon for the 7600 as well as 7600 Copy 1. Is the
> best
> thing to do here NOTHING and just ignore the Copy 1 and don''t use it
> (and will that somehow ''confuse'' the system?) or to DELETE the Epson
> 7600 Copy 1 via the Control Panel (which seems like it would be easy
> to do)???? I would prefer to get rid of it if it is not a problem to
> do so.
More than likely what you are seeing are two shortcuts to the same program.
To verify, right click on each of the icon and select the properties tab.
That view will show the program that actually gets invoked by the shortcut.
If the path for each shortcut points to the same image, just delete the Copy
1 shortcut. If not, then execute the remove/change program feature in the
control panel, and start over.

Jim
!