Steam Emulator

Excalibur

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004
I have recently bought Half Life 2 and when I went to play, it came up with the usual Steam options and when I went to Login it says that it couldnt get a connection. I later found out that seen as I am on a University network and that beacuse they have a proxy it cant connect is there a way to make steam connect to the net or do I have to find another way. I have heard about a Steam Emulator will this fix my problem with the net and if it will where can I get it from as I have looked on the net for it and cannot find it. If anyone has any other suggestions on fixing this problem I am all ears as I really want to start playin.

Thx

My Mum always said God has a plan, guess I was Plan B

jmwpom3

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2005
Were you ever able to get on from this location?
And are you using an existing Steam account or creating a new one?

PLEASE NOTE: Some quantum physics theories suggest that when the consumer is not directly observing this product, it may cease to exist or will exist only in a vague and undetermined state.

jmwpom3

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2005

Excalibur

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004
I never have been able to get on to steam from this location as I am on a University network they have most of the ports blocked. I already have an existing account but seen as steam cannot connect to the net I cannot login to it. that is why I think I will only be able to play with an emulator unles I can connect some other way.

My Mum always said God has a plan, guess I was Plan B

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
You should be able to play in offline mode. Though that would require at least 1 successful connection to the steam network to unlock all the hl2 files after installation.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

sistik

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
His whole deal is he cannot connect to steam anyway you put it, so he wants to connect to steam with a simulation makeing the game thinking he is connecting to steam but just bypassing it, kinda like what you use a crack .exe file to play games bypassing the need for a cd without useing a cd/dvd emulator like alcohol 120