A Cingular Experience- Part Two-- A Call For Action

Tags:
  • Cingular
  • Internet Service Providers
  • Product
Last response: in Network Providers
August 31, 2004 10:36:21 AM

After a week, I'm still waiting for Cingular to get back to me. Their
helpful rep had said that it would take him until Wednesday of last
week but now I'm starting to think that they're not going to do
anything for me and I'm starting to get upset again.

I think that Elliot Spitzer and other AG's and private citizens should
take on companies like Cingular, who rape their customers left and
right when they go over their contracted usage. (I have $800 in cell
phone bills in the last two months. I exceeded my minutes a bit and
made a bunch of calls from out of state. But I got a new phone
half-way through and asked to pay off my whole balance when I got it
(they said it was $300) and they never told me that I was already way
over my minutes for the month of July 16th to August 15th and that I
had another whopper of a bill coming that hadn't yet been billed.

Cingular's rep, Richard Riffe, evidently a supervisor in the "No
Friggin Way Department" told me that they are not capable of telling
customers how much they owe at any given point. He said that you can't
just call up and say that you want to cancel and pay off your balance
because it takes days for the cell companies to retrieve the data from
their cell phone towers. I find that awfully hard to believe. With
modern day computer and phone technology, there's no reason for it in
this day and age.

Somebody should take these guys on. Maybe someone out there could
start the action and then make a few million from the $1 billion
settlement fees that Cingular will cough up rather than go to trial.
(If I can testify, let me know. I am available.)

More about : cingular experience part call action

August 31, 2004 1:32:00 PM

On 31 Aug 2004 06:36:21 -0700, notmtwain@yahoo.com (John Bescherer)
wrote:

>I think that Elliot Spitzer and other AG's and private citizens should
>take on companies like Cingular, who rape their customers left and
>right when they go over their contracted usage. (I have $800 in cell
>phone bills in the last two months. I exceeded my minutes a bit and
>made a bunch of calls from out of state. But I got a new phone
>half-way through and asked to pay off my whole balance when I got it
>(they said it was $300) and they never told me that I was already way
>over my minutes for the month of July 16th to August 15th and that I
>had another whopper of a bill coming that hadn't yet been billed.

I see. You think that because you went over your allotted minutes and
made an expensive purchase of a new phone that somehow you wouldn't
have a big bill or be responsible for the charges. That seems awfully
unfair that they would expect you to pay for charges that you owe
them. It's not their responsibility to be your watchdog to look at
how many minutes you're using. That's your responsibility. If they
don't provide any way for you to know how many minutes you're using
it's still your responsibility to not just chat on your phone thinking
that there's never going to be a reckoning for how much you've been
using your phone. If cingular doesn't provide the means to find out
your usage perhaps you should think about finding a carrier that does.
Most do provide a way and I wouldn't be surprised if cingular does as
well.

August 31, 2004 9:04:31 PM

"John Bescherer" <notmtwain@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>I exceeded my minutes a bit and
> made a bunch of calls from out of state.

> Cingular's rep, Richard Riffe, evidently a supervisor in the "No
> Friggin Way Department" told me that they are not capable of telling
> customers how much they owe at any given point.

Quit your bitching! YOU are responsible to keep track of your calls. Don't
you have a call timer in your phone?

If you wanted real-time info on minutes used, you should have gone with a
carrier that offered it, like AT&T. And even THEY have a disclaimer saying
that some calls, especially those made off-network, might not appear in the
billing system for as much as two cycles.

Pay up, and stop being a crybaby.
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 1:27:54 AM

You idiot, Cingular allows you to go online and see the minutes used and the
actual calls that were made. It is your responsibility to keep track of
your minutes not Cingular or the government! The rape only occurs with
passive-aggressives like you who sit back in la-la land without taking
responsibility for the calls you made. Then when you feel wronged (and you
weren't), aggressively attack the company that 'wronged' you.

Wake up, you are an adult! You are responsible for all legitimate calls
made on your phone.

Chris

"John Bescherer" <notmtwain@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> After a week, I'm still waiting for Cingular to get back to me. Their
> helpful rep had said that it would take him until Wednesday of last
> week but now I'm starting to think that they're not going to do
> anything for me and I'm starting to get upset again.
>
> I think that Elliot Spitzer and other AG's and private citizens should
> take on companies like Cingular, who rape their customers left and
> right when they go over their contracted usage. (I have $800 in cell
> phone bills in the last two months. I exceeded my minutes a bit and
> made a bunch of calls from out of state. But I got a new phone
> half-way through and asked to pay off my whole balance when I got it
> (they said it was $300) and they never told me that I was already way
> over my minutes for the month of July 16th to August 15th and that I
> had another whopper of a bill coming that hadn't yet been billed.
>
> Cingular's rep, Richard Riffe, evidently a supervisor in the "No
> Friggin Way Department" told me that they are not capable of telling
> customers how much they owe at any given point. He said that you can't
> just call up and say that you want to cancel and pay off your balance
> because it takes days for the cell companies to retrieve the data from
> their cell phone towers. I find that awfully hard to believe. With
> modern day computer and phone technology, there's no reason for it in
> this day and age.
>

> Somebody should take these guys on. Maybe someone out there could
> start the action and then make a few million from the $1 billion
> settlement fees that Cingular will cough up rather than go to trial.
> (If I can testify, let me know. I am available.)
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 2:22:16 AM

Sure you can get it online, but its easier to get it from your phone.

I just dial l *646# and within a few seconds I get a text message with my
current minutes used, althought sometimes its a day or two behind, it at
least gives you some idea of your current mins used.
I also can dial *225# to get my current balance. No one at cingular told me
about this, I just educated myself by reading.

I don't see how this guy has a case against Cingular.

ajg

"Chris Russell" <noone@nowhere.nospam> wrote in message
> You idiot, Cingular allows you to go online and see the minutes used and
> the actual calls that were made. It is your responsibility to keep track
> of your minutes not Cingular or the government! The rape only occurs with
> passive-aggressives like you who sit back in la-la land without taking
> responsibility for the calls you made. Then when you feel wronged (and
> you weren't), aggressively attack the company that 'wronged' you.
>
> Wake up, you are an adult! You are responsible for all legitimate calls
> made on your phone.
>
> Chris
>
> "John Bescherer" <notmtwain@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> After a week, I'm still waiting for Cingular to get back to me. Their
>> helpful rep had said that it would take him until Wednesday of last
>> week but now I'm starting to think that they're not going to do
>> anything for me and I'm starting to get upset again.
>>
>> I think that Elliot Spitzer and other AG's and private citizens should
>> take on companies like Cingular, who rape their customers left and
>> right when they go over their contracted usage. (I have $800 in cell
>> phone bills in the last two months. I exceeded my minutes a bit and
>> made a bunch of calls from out of state. But I got a new phone
>> half-way through and asked to pay off my whole balance when I got it
>> (they said it was $300) and they never told me that I was already way
>> over my minutes for the month of July 16th to August 15th and that I
>> had another whopper of a bill coming that hadn't yet been billed.
>>
>> Cingular's rep, Richard Riffe, evidently a supervisor in the "No
>> Friggin Way Department" told me that they are not capable of telling
>> customers how much they owe at any given point. He said that you can't
>> just call up and say that you want to cancel and pay off your balance
>> because it takes days for the cell companies to retrieve the data from
>> their cell phone towers. I find that awfully hard to believe. With
>> modern day computer and phone technology, there's no reason for it in
>> this day and age.
>>

>> Somebody should take these guys on. Maybe someone out there could
>> start the action and then make a few million from the $1 billion
>> settlement fees that Cingular will cough up rather than go to trial.
>> (If I can testify, let me know. I am available.)

Anonymous
September 1, 2004 2:24:43 AM

That should've said *646#, not 1 *646# 646=MIN

"AJG" <destrux@hotmail.doesntbelong.com> wrote in message
> Sure you can get it online, but its easier to get it from your phone.
>
> I just dial l *646# and within a few seconds I get a text message with my
> current minutes used, althought sometimes its a day or two behind, it at
> least gives you some idea of your current mins used.
> I also can dial *225# to get my current balance. No one at cingular told
> me about this, I just educated myself by reading.
>
> I don't see how this guy has a case against Cingular.
>
> ajg
>

> "Chris Russell" <noone@nowhere.nospam> wrote in message
>> You idiot, Cingular allows you to go online and see the minutes used and
>> the actual calls that were made. It is your responsibility to keep track
>> of your minutes not Cingular or the government! The rape only occurs
>> with passive-aggressives like you who sit back in la-la land without
>> taking responsibility for the calls you made. Then when you feel wronged
>> (and you weren't), aggressively attack the company that 'wronged' you.
>>
>> Wake up, you are an adult! You are responsible for all legitimate calls
>> made on your phone.
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> "John Bescherer" <notmtwain@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> After a week, I'm still waiting for Cingular to get back to me. Their
>>> helpful rep had said that it would take him until Wednesday of last
>>> week but now I'm starting to think that they're not going to do
>>> anything for me and I'm starting to get upset again.
>>>
>>> I think that Elliot Spitzer and other AG's and private citizens should
>>> take on companies like Cingular, who rape their customers left and
>>> right when they go over their contracted usage. (I have $800 in cell
>>> phone bills in the last two months. I exceeded my minutes a bit and
>>> made a bunch of calls from out of state. But I got a new phone
>>> half-way through and asked to pay off my whole balance when I got it
>>> (they said it was $300) and they never told me that I was already way
>>> over my minutes for the month of July 16th to August 15th and that I
>>> had another whopper of a bill coming that hadn't yet been billed.
>>>
>>> Cingular's rep, Richard Riffe, evidently a supervisor in the "No
>>> Friggin Way Department" told me that they are not capable of telling
>>> customers how much they owe at any given point. He said that you can't
>>> just call up and say that you want to cancel and pay off your balance
>>> because it takes days for the cell companies to retrieve the data from
>>> their cell phone towers. I find that awfully hard to believe. With
>>> modern day computer and phone technology, there's no reason for it in
>>> this day and age.
>>>

>>> Somebody should take these guys on. Maybe someone out there could
>>> start the action and then make a few million from the $1 billion
>>> settlement fees that Cingular will cough up rather than go to trial.
>>> (If I can testify, let me know. I am available.)

Anonymous
September 1, 2004 7:23:15 AM

I don't see how this guy has a case against Cingular.

Me either. I re-read his post and concluded that he's

(a) not accountable for his actions.
(b) 'class-action suit' happy
(c) better than the rest of us.
(d) on the verge of breaking a vein open.

Mr. Cingular Complaint, pay up and find a company that likes your bitching.
September 1, 2004 4:46:32 PM

"AJG" <destrux@hotmail.doesntbelong.com> wrote:
> Sure you can get it online, but its easier to get it from your phone.
>
> I just dial l *646# (...)

Here is the story and the fully scoop:

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/micro_stories.pl?ACCT...

The star codes are:
*BAL# (*225#) to receive an update on outstanding balance
*MIN# (*646#) to receive an update on remaining minutes
*PAY (*729) to use the IVR feature to make a payment

*Services is free to all "postpaid" Cingular customers. All that's
required is a wireless handset with text-messaging capabilities.

---
MD
Anonymous
September 2, 2004 12:03:10 AM

In <2e026f7c.0408310536.6f519567@posting.google.com> on 31 Aug 2004 06:36:21
-0700, notmtwain@yahoo.com (John Bescherer) wrote:

>I think that Elliot Spitzer and other AG's and private citizens should
>take on companies like Cingular, who rape their customers left and
>right when they go over their contracted usage. (I have $800 in cell
>phone bills in the last two months. I exceeded my minutes a bit and
>made a bunch of calls from out of state. But I got a new phone
>half-way through and asked to pay off my whole balance when I got it
>(they said it was $300) and they never told me that I was already way
>over my minutes for the month of July 16th to August 15th and that I
>had another whopper of a bill coming that hadn't yet been billed.

No offense, but it was your fault for signing up in the first place, and for
not keeping better track of your usage.

>Cingular's rep, Richard Riffe, evidently a supervisor in the "No
>Friggin Way Department" told me that they are not capable of telling
>customers how much they owe at any given point. He said that you can't
>just call up and say that you want to cancel and pay off your balance
>because it takes days for the cell companies to retrieve the data from
>their cell phone towers. I find that awfully hard to believe. With
>modern day computer and phone technology, there's no reason for it in
>this day and age.

It's out of the control of the carrier, because those bills come from other
carriers.

>Somebody should take these guys on. Maybe someone out there could
>start the action and then make a few million from the $1 billion
>settlement fees that Cingular will cough up rather than go to trial.
>(If I can testify, let me know. I am available.)

REALLY BAD IDEA -- we'd all just wind up paying for that in our cell phone
bills.

September 2, 2004 12:03:10 AM

In <go99j0dn2moa2vfa8rrg7mhe89m23bl26l@4ax.com> on Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:32:00
-0700, Joseph <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On 31 Aug 2004 06:36:21 -0700, notmtwain@yahoo.com (John Bescherer)
>wrote:
>
>>[SNIP]
>
>I see. You think that because you went over your allotted minutes and
>made an expensive purchase of a new phone that somehow you wouldn't
>have a big bill or be responsible for the charges. That seems awfully
>unfair that they would expect you to pay for charges that you owe
>them. It's not their responsibility to be your watchdog to look at
>how many minutes you're using. That's your responsibility. If they
>don't provide any way for you to know how many minutes you're using
>it's still your responsibility to not just chat on your phone thinking
>that there's never going to be a reckoning for how much you've been
>using your phone.

Indeed.

>If cingular doesn't provide the means to find out
>your usage perhaps you should think about finding a carrier that does.
>Most do provide a way and I wouldn't be surprised if cingular does as
>well.

True. In addition, many (most?) phones will keep track of air time.

September 6, 2004 12:54:42 PM

* Reply by Jack D. Russell, Sr. <jackru$$ell2@notmail.com>
* Newsgroup: alt.cellular.cingular
* Reply to: All; "John Bescherer" <notmtwain@yahoo.com>
* Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 08:41:45 -0500 GMT
* Subj: Re: A Cingular Experience- Part Two-- A Call For Action

JB>Wow. I guess I really have run into a bunch of true "Dog Eat Dog "
JB>libertarians.............the kind that don't let their kids play

[Sorry, rest of flaming/baseless arguments skipped]

Typical...when your position is meritless, go on the attack.
What you've run into is a group of individuals (Politics aside) that
believe in personal responsibility. A virtue that seems to be less
admiral with each passing generation. "Don't roll the dice, if you can't
pay the price." That your position has no support whatsoever within the
group should tell you something. Think about it. Have a good one.

--
Jack
Anonymous

* Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 18:39:10 -0500 GMT
* Subj: Total sociopath spotted-- John Navas. Run away! Run away!
[Sorry, skipped]

Now, while grasping at straws to validate your complaints against Cingular, you've made a total fool of yourself.
While not defending anyone's position here, it seems only humane to point out a few facts to you.
FYI...
John Navas started this group.
John Navas wrote the charter for this group
John Navas wrote the group's FAQ.
The post you've quoted in an attempt to discredit John Navas, was written and explained/defended almost 6 years ago, and had nothing to do with Cingular Wireless or their policies.
sociopath? or Pot, kettle, black?
Navas =1 irresponsible Cingular subscriber=0. Quit while you can.
--
Jack
Anonymous

Have you written Cingular with an offer to pay the bill if they
pro-rate your plan to a higher bucket plan? For examply, if you had
400 min / month that you exceeded by 350 minutes, offer to pay the
rate for the 800 min / month plan for the periods of excessive
overage. You may want to throw in a hint of personal bankruptancy
(sp?) to tip the scales in your direction. My suggestion going forward
is to stick with a pre-paid plan or give up mobile phones all
together. These options give you complete control of $$. The best way
to let them know how dissatisfied you are with their product is to not
buy it at all!

Good luck and keep us posted!
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 1:28:29 AM

In article <2q6vrbFoo82lU1@uni-berlin.de>,
"Jack D. Russell, Sr." <jackru$$ell2@notmail.com> wrote:

> John Navas started this group.
> John Navas wrote the charter for this group

Which makes him a legend in his own mind.

Any *rational* person, however, understands that such accomplishments
plus 69 cents will get you a cup of McD's coffee.
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 1:35:28 AM

In <2e026f7c.0409071241.61cda12e@posting.google.com> on 7 Sep 2004 13:41:13
-0700, notmtwain@yahoo.com (John Bescherer) wrote:

>[SNIP]

FYI, your nasty personal attack violates the charter of this newsgroup (which
I wrote). If you persist, a complaint will be made to your news service
provider. (Not a threat, just a polite warning.)

September 8, 2004 1:35:29 AM

In article <AQp%c.12489$54.176697@typhoon.sonic.net>,

> FYI, your nasty personal attack violates the charter of this newsgroup (which
> I wrote).

And because YOU wrote it, it has some special meaning?

This is the Usenet, pal. You knew what you were getting into. If you
didn't, you are delusional.

Who cares what you wrote or didn't write? Nobody. Guess what? This is
the wild, wild west. Because YOU don't like something doesn't mean
squat. But somehow you think it does....

.....which tells all about your mental state...

> If you persist, a complaint will be made to your news service
> provider.

In the words of the pirates at the beginning of Amazon Women On The
Moon: "Oooooooo, I'm sooooo scared....."
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 7:41:51 AM

In <elmop-10A7ED.21301707092004@text.usenetserver.com> on Tue, 07 Sep 2004
21:30:17 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

>In article <AQp%c.12489$54.176697@typhoon.sonic.net>,
> John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> FYI, your nasty personal attack violates the charter of this newsgroup (which
>> I wrote).
>
>And because YOU wrote it, it has some special meaning?

I has special meaning because it's the charter.

>This is the Usenet, pal. You knew what you were getting into. If you
>didn't, you are delusional.
>
>Who cares what you wrote or didn't write? Nobody. Guess what? This is
>the wild, wild west. Because YOU don't like something doesn't mean
>squat. But somehow you think it does....
>
>....which tells all about your mental state...

No offense, but I think you're projecting. Jealous? Seeking attention? Or
just immature?

>> If you persist, a complaint will be made to your news service
>> provider.
>
>In the words of the pirates at the beginning of Amazon Women On The
>Moon: "Oooooooo, I'm sooooo scared....."

Whatever.

September 8, 2004 7:44:58 AM

In <elmop-A05DB1.21282907092004@text.usenetserver.com> on Tue, 07 Sep 2004
21:28:29 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

>In article <2q6vrbFoo82lU1@uni-berlin.de>,
> "Jack D. Russell, Sr." <jackru$$ell2@notmail.com> wrote:
>
>> John Navas started this group.
>> John Navas wrote the charter for this group
>
>Which makes him a legend in his own mind.
>
>Any *rational* person, however, understands that such accomplishments
>plus 69 cents will get you a cup of McD's coffee.

What contribution have you made other than noise and disruption? I've asked
before, but have yet to get an answer, which would seem to speak for itself.
It's truly a pity how your kind of attention-seeking tends to spoil it for the
rest of us -- a kind of Tragedy of the Commons -- but I guess that's what you
have in mind.

September 8, 2004 7:44:59 AM

John Navas answered:

> In <elmop-A05DB1.21282907092004@text.usenetserver.com> on Tue, 07 Sep 2004
> 21:28:29 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:
>

>>In article <2q6vrbFoo82lU1@uni-berlin.de>,
>>"Jack D. Russell, Sr." <jackru$$ell2@notmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>John Navas started this group.
>>>John Navas wrote the charter for this group
>>
>>Which makes him a legend in his own mind.
>>
>>Any *rational* person, however, understands that such accomplishments
>>plus 69 cents will get you a cup of McD's coffee.
>

> What contribution have you made other than noise and disruption? I've asked
> before, but have yet to get an answer, which would seem to speak for itself.
> It's truly a pity how your kind of attention-seeking tends to spoil it for the
> rest of us -- a kind of Tragedy of the Commons -- but I guess that's what you
> have in mind.

Most trolls do.
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 8:05:25 AM

In <370b8c2c.0409071924.209df26f@posting.google.com> on 7 Sep 2004 20:24:20
-0700, machXS1@comcast.net (Mach XS1) wrote:

>Have you written Cingular with an offer to pay the bill if they
>pro-rate your plan to a higher bucket plan? For examply, if you had
>400 min / month that you exceeded by 350 minutes, offer to pay the
>rate for the 800 min / month plan for the periods of excessive
>overage. You may want to throw in a hint of personal bankruptancy
>(sp?) to tip the scales in your direction. My suggestion going forward
>is to stick with a pre-paid plan or give up mobile phones all
>together. ...

Another option for those that have trouble keeping track of minutes is a
SprintPCS Fair and Flexible plan.
<http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/ueContent.jsp?scTopic...;

September 8, 2004 9:03:00 AM

* Reply to: All; "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com>
* Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 05:01:09 -0500 GMT
* Subj: Re: Total sociopath spotted-- John Navas. Run away! Run away!

EPS>In article <2q6vrbFoo82lU1@uni-berlin.de>,
EPS> "Jack D. Russell, Sr." <jackru$$ell2@notmail.com> wrote:

>> John Navas started this group.
>> John Navas wrote the charter for this group

EPS>Which makes him a legend in his own mind.

EPS>Any *rational* person, however, understands that such
EPS>accomplishments
EPS>plus 69 cents will get you a cup of McD's coffee.

Personal opinion noted. However, regardless of same, facts are facts.
--
Jack
Anonymous

In article <3cv%c.12567$54.177245@typhoon.sonic.net>,

> >And because YOU wrote it, it has some special meaning?
>
> I has special meaning because it's the charter.

("I has special meaning" definitely has Freudian connotations...)

A charter on a Usenet newsgroup has no special meaning whatsoever. It's
not binding in any way.

That YOU think it has special meaning, shows what "special" meaning you
put on YOURSELF. Period.
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 12:38:20 PM

In article <3cv%c.12567$54.177245@typhoon.sonic.net>,

> >> If you persist, a complaint will be made to your news service
> >> provider.
> >
> >In the words of the pirates at the beginning of Amazon Women On The
> >Moon: "Oooooooo, I'm sooooo scared....."
>
> Whatever.

Come on, John. The charter is so special, and you have such special
powers, go ahead. Do it. Report me to whatever ISP you want. See what
you can do.

When challenged, you'll run away--because you know that to take the
challenge means you'll ultimately show your impotence. You have no
"special power" to do anything based on the charter and its "special
meaning", because all of that is in your head.
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 7:37:39 PM

In <elmop-0B4CED.08365408092004@text.usenetserver.com> on Wed, 08 Sep 2004
08:36:54 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

>A charter on a Usenet newsgroup has no special meaning whatsoever....

Not true. It has meaning to anyone that wants the newsgroup to be effective
and successful. Unfortunately, you fall outside that category. It also has
meanings to news admins that run Usenet.

September 8, 2004 7:37:40 PM

In article <7HF%c.12631$54.178808@typhoon.sonic.net>,

> >A charter on a Usenet newsgroup has no special meaning whatsoever....
>
> Not true. It has meaning to anyone that wants the newsgroup to be effective
> and successful.

Except you, of course.
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 7:37:40 PM

In article <7HF%c.12631$54.178808@typhoon.sonic.net>,

> Not true. It has meaning to anyone that wants the newsgroup to be effective
> and successful. Unfortunately, you fall outside that category. It also has
> meanings to news admins that run Usenet.

I love it! "News admins that run Usenet". As if the Usenet is
something that is managed.

Get over it, John. The world isn't what you want it to be, no matter
how badly you want it to be that way.
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 7:42:28 PM

In <elmop-2F9DC9.08382008092004@text.usenetserver.com> on Wed, 08 Sep 2004
08:38:20 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

>Come on, John. The charter is so special, and you have such special
>powers, go ahead. Do it. Report me to whatever ISP you want. See what
>you can do.

You'll get your wish if you persist in disrupting the newsgroup. (Not a
threat, just a polite warning.)

>When challenged, you'll run away...

LOL

>You have no
>"special power" ...

Indeed, because I'm not a news admin. It's news admins that have the power.
OTOH, I do have standing with those news admins, because I wrote the charter
and created this group, and because I respect charters in general.

And now back to our regularly scheduled program... :)

September 8, 2004 7:42:29 PM

In article <ELF%c.12632$54.178586@typhoon.sonic.net>,

> >Come on, John. The charter is so special, and you have such special
> >powers, go ahead. Do it. Report me to whatever ISP you want. See what
> >you can do.
>
> You'll get your wish if you persist in disrupting the newsgroup. (Not a
> threat, just a polite warning.)

Who's disrupting the newsgroup?

Ah, I get it. I'm saying things YOU don't like, therefore I'm
disrupting things.

John, I'll take your polite warning and raise you a report. Go
ahead--report me. To whomever you like. I'm not disrupting anything
except the little world that you created, where you think you've
convinced the world that you are the all-knowing, all-important being
here. Where anything you say is by definition Truth and Beyond Dispute.
Where any discord or disagreement with your Sayings is by definition
"noise and disruption", and is grounds for trying to get people silenced.

You think this newsgroup is your ball, but you've come to realize that
it's not--and that you can't take it and go home.

This newsgroup will exist quite nicely without you and your
self-appointed holier-than-thou attitude.

So go ahead. If you think this post is somehow "disrupting," go ahead.
Do what you warned/threatened. I invite you.

(We know you'll profess some excuse not to do so--because when nothing
happens it'll then become obvious to everyone, most importantly
yourself, that you are an impotent little man desperately trying to hang
on to some sense of self-worth. Well, I have news for you: self-worth
comes from within. Chew on that. You think you need to be a blowhard
and show everyone how "important" and "knowledgeable" you are in order
to be of worth. That's a personal problem on your part.)
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 7:42:29 PM

In article <ELF%c.12632$54.178586@typhoon.sonic.net>,

> >You have no
> >"special power" ...
>
> Indeed, because I'm not a news admin. It's news admins that have the power.
> OTOH, I do have standing with those news admins, because I wrote the charter
> and created this group, and because I respect charters in general.

Oooooooooo, everyone beware of John! Holier than thou John! He doesn't
run the Internet; no, he's better. He's the power BEHIND the power,
like the president's chief of staff.

Yes sir, everyone jump to John's music! All hail John Navas! Knower of
all! The power behind the throne!

John's an ass, but he refuses to look in a mirror to see that.

Now he's going to find out just how impotent he is.
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 7:43:27 PM

In <elmop-E3BDC4.08351108092004@text.usenetserver.com> on Wed, 08 Sep 2004
08:35:11 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

>In article <_ev%c.12568$54.177356@typhoon.sonic.net>,
> John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:

>> What contribution have you made other than noise and disruption?
>
>[SNIP noise and disruption]

I didn't think so.

September 8, 2004 7:43:28 PM

In article <zMF%c.12633$54.178724@typhoon.sonic.net>,

> >> What contribution have you made other than noise and disruption?
> >
> >[SNIP noise and disruption]
>
> I didn't think so.

Ah. John has declared something to be noise and disruption, therefore
by definition it is noise and disruption! All hail John Navas!

I suppose that goes along with you and your charter, and turning people
in to their ISPs, etc, etc, blah blah blah blah
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 12:27:13 AM

In <elmop-5813DF.11483308092004@text.usenetserver.com> on Wed, 08 Sep 2004
11:48:33 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

>In article <7HF%c.12631$54.178808@typhoon.sonic.net>,
> John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> >A charter on a Usenet newsgroup has no special meaning whatsoever....
>>
>> Not true. It has meaning to anyone that wants the newsgroup to be effective
>> and successful.
>
>Except you, of course.

You of course have that backwards.

Still waiting for a positive contribution from you...

September 9, 2004 12:28:05 AM

In <elmop-245FC6.11492008092004@text.usenetserver.com> on Wed, 08 Sep 2004
11:49:20 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

>In article <7HF%c.12631$54.178808@typhoon.sonic.net>,
> John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> Not true. It has meaning to anyone that wants the newsgroup to be effective
>> and successful. Unfortunately, you fall outside that category. It also has
>> meanings to news admins that run Usenet.
>
>I love it! "News admins that run Usenet". As if the Usenet is
>something that is managed.

It is, as anyone knows that understands how Usenet works.

p.s. Still waiting for a positive contribution from you...

September 9, 2004 12:37:18 AM

In <elmop-78C98C.15312608092004@text.usenetserver.com> on Wed, 08 Sep 2004
15:31:26 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

>In article <ELF%c.12632$54.178586@typhoon.sonic.net>,
> John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> >Come on, John. The charter is so special, and you have such special
>> >powers, go ahead. Do it. Report me to whatever ISP you want. See what
>> >you can do.
>>
>> You'll get your wish if you persist in disrupting the newsgroup. (Not a
>> threat, just a polite warning.)
>
>Who's disrupting the newsgroup?

You're one of the primary disrupters, if not the primary disrupter.

>Ah, I get it. I'm saying things YOU don't like, therefore I'm
>disrupting things.

You're disrupting things because you're violating the newsgroup charter.
If you don't like the charter, go someplace else or even start your own
newsgroup (e.g., alt.cellular.elmo.p.shagnasty).

>John, I'll take your polite warning and raise you a report. Go
>ahead--report me. To whomever you like.

Keep this up and you'll get your wish.

>I'm not disrupting anything
>except the little world that you created,

i.e., this newsgroup.

>where you think you've
>convinced the world that you are the all-knowing, all-important being
>here.

No -- I just wrote the charter and created the newsgroup. Since you don't
like my charter, why not roll your own? Or are you only into disruption?

>Where anything you say is by definition Truth and Beyond Dispute.

The charter is by definition Truth and Beyond Dispute.

>Where any discord or disagreement with your Sayings is by definition
>"noise and disruption", and is grounds for trying to get people silenced.

Violations of the charter are "noise and disruption", particularly when gross
and frequent.

>You think this newsgroup is your ball, but you've come to realize that
>it's not--and that you can't take it and go home.

It's a "ball" created by me for the benefit of everyone, not the disruptions
of a few like you.

>This newsgroup will exist quite nicely without you and your
>self-appointed holier-than-thou attitude.

The problem here is you.

>So go ahead. If you think this post is somehow "disrupting," go ahead.
>Do what you warned/threatened. I invite you.

Do you have any idea how childish that is? How old are you, 12?

>[SNIP remaining nastiness]

September 9, 2004 12:37:19 AM

In article <24K%c.12688$54.179461@typhoon.sonic.net>,

> You're disrupting things because you're violating the newsgroup charter.

Let's translate that from Navas-speak into English:

"You're disrupting things because I say so. I'm John Navas, and I wrote
the newsgroup charter, which is the definition of How Things Will Be."

Enjoy your little fantasy, John.

> If you don't like the charter,

It's not a matter of whether I like or dislike the charter. The charter
is meaningless. It's you that's the issue.

> >John, I'll take your polite warning and raise you a report. Go
> >ahead--report me. To whomever you like.
>
> Keep this up and you'll get your wish.

Mmm-hmm.

> >I'm not disrupting anything
> >except the little world that you created,
>
> i.e., this newsgroup.

So you admit that this is your little world, the world you live in?

> >where you think you've
> >convinced the world that you are the all-knowing, all-important being
> >here.
>
> No -- I just wrote the charter and created the newsgroup. Since you don't
> like my charter, why not roll your own? Or are you only into disruption?

What you're trying to say is that you think this newsgroup belongs to
you.

Why don't you go to your buddies, these mythical news admins who "run"
things, and tell them that. Then be sure you add that to your complaint
when you go running to an ISP.

This newsgroup doesn't belong to you any more than it "belongs" to
anyone else. Get that through your thick head.

> >Where any discord or disagreement with your Sayings is by definition
> >"noise and disruption", and is grounds for trying to get people silenced.
>
> Violations of the charter are "noise and disruption", particularly when gross
> and frequent.

"Violations of the charter" are apparently "things John Navas doesn't
want to hear". Isn't that right, Mr. Charter Author?

> >You think this newsgroup is your ball, but you've come to realize that
> >it's not--and that you can't take it and go home.
>
> It's a "ball" created by me for the benefit of everyone, not the disruptions
> of a few like you.

I'm not disrupting anything. I'm exposing you to the world for what you
are--and you don't like it. But since you "wrote the charter," my
exposing you is by definition somehow wrong for discussion in this
public group. Correct? Is that how you think?

Be sure you put that into words when you go write a complaint.

> >This newsgroup will exist quite nicely without you and your
> >self-appointed holier-than-thou attitude.
>
> The problem here is you.

no, YOUR problem here is me. No one else has a problem with what I say.

And since the world doesn't revolve around YOU, you're quite mistaken in
your thinking that your problems are everyone's problems.

> >So go ahead. If you think this post is somehow "disrupting," go ahead.
> >Do what you warned/threatened. I invite you.
>
> Do you have any idea how childish that is? How old are you, 12?

And here you go, running away--just like I said.
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 12:38:27 AM

In <elmop-1C440D.15331808092004@text.usenetserver.com> on Wed, 08 Sep 2004
15:33:18 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

>In article <ELF%c.12632$54.178586@typhoon.sonic.net>,
> John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> >You have no
>> >"special power" ...
>>
>> Indeed, because I'm not a news admin. It's news admins that have the power.
>> OTOH, I do have standing with those news admins, because I wrote the charter
>> and created this group, and because I respect charters in general.
>
>Oooooooooo, everyone beware of John! Holier than thou John!

Hardly.

>He doesn't
>run the Internet;

Nope.

>no, he's better. He's the power BEHIND the power,
>like the president's chief of staff.

Not that either.

>Yes sir, everyone jump to John's music! All hail John Navas! Knower of
>all! The power behind the throne!
>
>John's an ass, but he refuses to look in a mirror to see that.
>
>Now he's going to find out just how impotent he is.

Do you have any idea how childish that is? How old are you, 10?

September 9, 2004 12:39:40 AM

In <elmop-2E0EA0.15252908092004@text.usenetserver.com> on Wed, 08 Sep 2004
15:25:29 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

>> >[SNIP noise and disruption]
>>
>> I didn't think so.
>
>[SNIP noise and disruption]

None there either.
Just more childish attention-seeking.
Why am I not surprised.

September 9, 2004 12:39:41 AM

In article <g6K%c.12690$54.179391@typhoon.sonic.net>,

> Just more childish attention-seeking.

We know, John. We know. That's what you live for--to post childish
attention-seeking responses to EVERYTHING that's ever posted.
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 2:22:35 AM

In <elmop-8913BA.16514208092004@text.usenetserver.com> on Wed, 08 Sep 2004
16:51:42 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

>In article <24K%c.12688$54.179461@typhoon.sonic.net>,
> John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> You're disrupting things because you're violating the newsgroup charter.
>
>Let's translate that from Navas-speak into English:

You're disrupting things by violating the newsgroup charter.

>> If you don't like the charter,
>
>It's not a matter of whether I like or dislike the charter. The charter
>is meaningless.

The charter governs this newsgroup.

>It's you that's the issue.

It's you that's the issue.

>> >I'm not disrupting anything
>> >except the little world that you created,
>>
>> i.e., this newsgroup.
>
>So you admit that this is your little world, the world you live in?

I admit I wrote the charter and created the newsgroup. And you?

>> No -- I just wrote the charter and created the newsgroup. Since you don't
>> like my charter, why not roll your own? Or are you only into disruption?
>
>What you're trying to say is that you think this newsgroup belongs to
>you.

Nope.

(You'll waste less time sticking to what I actually say, rather than
fantasizing.)

>This newsgroup doesn't belong to you any more than it "belongs" to
>anyone else. ...

True.

>> Violations of the charter are "noise and disruption", particularly when gross
>> and frequent.
>
>"Violations of the charter" are apparently "things John Navas doesn't
>want to hear". Isn't that right, Mr. Charter Author?

Violations of the charter are simply those things that violate the charter.

>> It's a "ball" created by me for the benefit of everyone, not the disruptions
>> of a few like you.
>
>I'm not disrupting anything.

I'm sure you know you are, and I think that's clearly your intent, a way of
getting attention.

>I'm exposing you to the world for what you
>are

You're actually just acting like a childish jerk (no offense intended).

>and you don't like it.

I'd be totally indifferent if you weren't violating the charter.

>But since you "wrote the charter," my
>exposing you is by definition somehow wrong for discussion in this
>public group. Correct? Is that how you think?

Nope. The charter states (in part):

Inappropriate (banned) articles:
* Off-topic (not directly related to Cingular Wireless service)
* Personal insults or repetitive flaming (attacks)

>> The problem here is you.
>
>no, YOUR problem here is me.

No, the problem here is you.

>No one else has a problem with what I say.

Not true, and you know it.

>> Do you have any idea how childish that is? How old are you, 12?
>
>And here you go, running away--just like I said.

10?

September 9, 2004 2:22:36 AM

In article <LCL%c.12724$54.179522@typhoon.sonic.net>,

> The charter governs this newsgroup.

That you honestly believe that tells us just how delusional you are.
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 2:22:36 AM

In article <LCL%c.12724$54.179522@typhoon.sonic.net>,

> >This newsgroup doesn't belong to you any more than it "belongs" to
> >anyone else. ...
>
> True.

Hey, we agree on something.

Now if only you'd act like you believe that.
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 2:22:36 AM

In article <LCL%c.12724$54.179522@typhoon.sonic.net>,

> Violations of the charter are simply those things that violate the charter.

Exactly. Which is meaningless.

I can say your actions violate the constitution of the third moon of
Meepzorp; is that meaningful? No. No more so than your precious
charter.
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 2:22:36 AM

In article <LCL%c.12724$54.179522@typhoon.sonic.net>,

> >> The problem here is you.
> >
> >no, YOUR problem here is me.
>
> No, the problem here is you.

By whose measure?

YOU have a problem with me (which is fine with me). But that's
meaningless. Honestly, that's YOUR problem.
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 2:22:36 AM

In article <LCL%c.12724$54.179522@typhoon.sonic.net>,

> >No one else has a problem with what I say.
>
> Not true, and you know it.

No, John, I don't know it.

I *do* know of many others who have a problem with what YOU say. You
know that, too, because some of them speak out. I just happen to speak
more loudly than the rest.

And THAT'S your problem. You don't like being outed.

Go ahead, tell your precious admins. Do us all a favor: when you write
your whining little "but I don't like what he said about me!" letter
that you intend to forward to some ISP or another, post it here for all
to see.

Go ahead, we'll wait.

Can't wait to see that one....

.....well, we'll never see it, anyway.
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 2:23:17 AM

In <elmop-DAB7DF.16522108092004@text.usenetserver.com> on Wed, 08 Sep 2004
16:52:21 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

>In article <g6K%c.12690$54.179391@typhoon.sonic.net>,
> John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> Just more childish attention-seeking.
>
>We know, John. We know. ...

At least we agree on something. :)

September 9, 2004 3:40:52 AM

In <elmop-43F728.19352908092004@text.usenetserver.com> on Wed, 08 Sep 2004
19:35:29 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

>[SNIP]

Grow up.

September 9, 2004 4:34:20 AM

In <elmop-29D09C.20075408092004@text.usenetserver.com> on Wed, 08 Sep 2004
20:07:54 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

>In article <8MM%c.12742$54.179252@typhoon.sonic.net>,
> John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> In <elmop-43F728.19352908092004@text.usenetserver.com> on Wed, 08 Sep 2004
>> 19:35:29 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:
>>
>> >[SNIP]
>>
>> Grow up.
>
>Can't resist replying, can you, ...

I actually skipped 4 out of 5 of your childish replies. And you?

September 9, 2004 4:34:21 AM

In article <gyN%c.12752$54.179658@typhoon.sonic.net>,

> >Can't resist replying, can you, ...
>
> I actually skipped 4 out of 5 of your childish replies. And you?

No, you didn't. You hit every one of them.

Can't resist replying, can you?
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 7:28:15 AM

In <elmop-3EF4F4.21255608092004@text.usenetserver.com> on Wed, 08 Sep 2004
21:25:56 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

>In article <gyN%c.12752$54.179658@typhoon.sonic.net>,
> John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> >Can't resist replying, can you, ...
>>
>> I actually skipped 4 out of 5 of your childish replies. And you?
>
>No, you didn't. You hit every one of them.

Nope.

>Can't resist replying, can you?

And you?

September 9, 2004 7:28:16 AM

In article <j5Q%c.12782$54.179755@typhoon.sonic.net>,

> >No, you didn't. You hit every one of them.
>
> Nope.

Yeah, you did.
      • 1 / 2
      • 2