REMOTE ADMIN PC - best soft ?

September 19, 2004 5:40:50 PM

what the best remote admin soft for pocket?
(with this soft i must see the desktop of pc on my pocket)

thx

More about : remote admin soft

Anonymous
September 19, 2004 5:40:51 PM

You can use the built-in Terminal Services Client if the PC you want to control is running XP Pro
Remote Desktop or is a Windows 2003/2000 Server running Terminal Server.

If the desktop PC is running some other flavor of Windows or LINUX, then VNC is an alternative. Get
the Windows VNC server software from...

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

The LINUX VNC server software is part of most, if not all, current LINUX releases, ie. like Red Hat
9 for example...

PocketPC VNC client software...

http://www.allware.com.mx/Windowsce/
http://www.cs.utah.edu/%7Emidgley/wince/vnc.html

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Disperso" <disperso@disperso.disperso> wrote in message
> what the best remote admin soft for pocket?
> (with this soft i must see the desktop of pc on my pocket)
>
> thx

Anonymous
September 19, 2004 7:08:25 PM

Why not use Terminal Services Client that already comes in the Pocket PC?

--
Helio Diamant - MS/MVP Mobile Devices
http://www.pocketpcfreak.com

"Disperso" <disperso@disperso.disperso> wrote in message
> what the best remote admin soft for pocket?
> (with this soft i must see the desktop of pc on my pocket)
>
> thx

September 19, 2004 7:19:02 PM

i've tried (windows Xp pro) but not non function.
how i can activate the terminal service on XP ?

"Helio Diamant - MS/MVP, Mobile Devices" <helio@nospam.pocketpcfreak.com> ha
scritto nel messaggio news:o PLEnFknEHA.3460@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Why not use Terminal Services Client that already comes in the Pocket PC?
>
> --
> Helio Diamant - MS/MVP Mobile Devices
> http://www.pocketpcfreak.com
>

> "Disperso" <disperso@disperso.disperso> wrote in message
> > what the best remote admin soft for pocket?
> > (with this soft i must see the desktop of pc on my pocket)
> >
> > thx

Anonymous
September 19, 2004 7:19:03 PM

Look at this page for help enabling Remote Desktop on an XP Pro box...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/getst...

....or...

Note that if your running XP Pro Remote Desktop behind a firewall/NAT/router then you also need TCP
Port 3389 open...

--

> i've tried (windows Xp pro) but not non function.
> how i can activate the terminal service on XP ?
>
> "Helio Diamant - MS/MVP, Mobile Devices" <helio@nospam.pocketpcfreak.com> ha
> scritto nel messaggio news:o PLEnFknEHA.3460@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> Why not use Terminal Services Client that already comes in the Pocket PC?
>>
>> --
>> Helio Diamant - MS/MVP Mobile Devices
>> http://www.pocketpcfreak.com
>>

>> "Disperso" <disperso@disperso.disperso> wrote in message
>> > what the best remote admin soft for pocket?
>> > (with this soft i must see the desktop of pc on my pocket)
>> >
>> > thx

Anonymous
September 19, 2004 7:50:10 PM

remote access actived, firewall disabled but it not connect.
(i connect by bluetooth and ping pc is ok)

"Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio
> You can use the built-in Terminal Services Client if the PC you want to
control is running XP Pro
> Remote Desktop or is a Windows 2003/2000 Server running Terminal Server.
>
> If the desktop PC is running some other flavor of Windows or LINUX, then
VNC is an alternative. Get
> the Windows VNC server software from...
>
> http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/
>
> The LINUX VNC server software is part of most, if not all, current LINUX
releases, ie. like Red Hat
> 9 for example...
>
> PocketPC VNC client software...
>
> http://www.allware.com.mx/Windowsce/
> http://www.cs.utah.edu/%7Emidgley/wince/vnc.html
>
> --
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...
rights...

> "Disperso" <disperso@disperso.disperso> wrote in message
> > what the best remote admin soft for pocket?
> > (with this soft i must see the desktop of pc on my pocket)
> >
> > thx

Anonymous
September 19, 2004 7:50:11 PM

You will not be able to use Terminal Services to control an XP PC over BT if
the XP PC is the one that you have a BT connection with. Remote desktop only
allows one user on the desktop, that user is logged off when you log on with
TS, and that closes the BT session. You can control a different XP Pro PC
over BT than the one you are connected too.

I am not sure if this happens with a WiFi Adhoc connection to the PC, but it
certainly doesn't if the PPC is connected to the network via an AP.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
> remote access actived, firewall disabled but it not connect.
> (i connect by bluetooth and ping pc is ok)
>

> "Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio
> > You can use the built-in Terminal Services Client if the PC you want to
> control is running XP Pro
> > Remote Desktop or is a Windows 2003/2000 Server running Terminal Server.
> >
> > If the desktop PC is running some other flavor of Windows or LINUX, then
> VNC is an alternative. Get
> > the Windows VNC server software from...
> >
> > http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > The LINUX VNC server software is part of most, if not all, current LINUX
> releases, ie. like Red Hat
> > 9 for example...
> >
> > PocketPC VNC client software...
> >
> > http://www.allware.com.mx/Windowsce/
> > http://www.cs.utah.edu/%7Emidgley/wince/vnc.html
> >
> > --
> > Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)
> >
> > Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the mutual
> benefit of all of us...
> > The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> rights...
> >
> > "Disperso" <disperso@disperso.disperso> wrote in message
> > > what the best remote admin soft for pocket?
> > > (with this soft i must see the desktop of pc on my pocket)
> > >
> > > thx

Anonymous
September 20, 2004 12:12:32 AM

you say that i can't use terminal service for access desktop?

in this case which software can i use?
(besides vnc for pocket)

"Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices" <sejohannsen@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:uQRwS$lnEHA.3520@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> You will not be able to use Terminal Services to control an XP PC over BT
if
> the XP PC is the one that you have a BT connection with. Remote desktop
only
> allows one user on the desktop, that user is logged off when you log on
with
> TS, and that closes the BT session. You can control a different XP Pro PC
> over BT than the one you are connected too.
>
> I am not sure if this happens with a WiFi Adhoc connection to the PC, but
it
> certainly doesn't if the PPC is connected to the network via an AP.
>
> --
> Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
> "Disperso" <disperso@disperso.disperso> wrote in message
> > remote access actived, firewall disabled but it not connect.
> > (i connect by bluetooth and ping pc is ok)
> >

> > "Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio
> > > You can use the built-in Terminal Services Client if the PC you want
> > control is running XP Pro
> > > Remote Desktop or is a Windows 2003/2000 Server running Terminal
Server.

> > > If the desktop PC is running some other flavor of Windows or LINUX,
then
> > VNC is an alternative. Get
> > > the Windows VNC server software from...
> > >
> > > http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/
> > >
> > > The LINUX VNC server software is part of most, if not all, current
LINUX
> > releases, ie. like Red Hat
> > > 9 for example...
> > >
> > > PocketPC VNC client software...
> > >
> > > http://www.allware.com.mx/Windowsce/
> > > http://www.cs.utah.edu/%7Emidgley/wince/vnc.html
> > >
> > > --
> > > Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)
> > >
> > > Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the
mutual
> > benefit of all of us...
> > > The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> > rights...
> > >
> > > "Disperso" <disperso@disperso.disperso> wrote in message

Anonymous
September 20, 2004 12:12:33 AM

You can't use terminal services over BT to control the XP desktop to which
the BT connection is made. VNC is the only other option I know of and I
can't confirm that works under the same conditions.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
> you say that i can't use terminal service for access desktop?
>
> in this case which software can i use?
> (besides vnc for pocket)
>

> "Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices" <sejohannsen@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel
> messaggio news:uQRwS$lnEHA.3520@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > You will not be able to use Terminal Services to control an XP PC over
BT
> if
> > the XP PC is the one that you have a BT connection with. Remote desktop
> only
> > allows one user on the desktop, that user is logged off when you log on
> with
> > TS, and that closes the BT session. You can control a different XP Pro
PC
> > over BT than the one you are connected too.
> >
> > I am not sure if this happens with a WiFi Adhoc connection to the PC,
but
> it
> > certainly doesn't if the PPC is connected to the network via an AP.
> >
> > --
> > Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
> > "Disperso" <disperso@disperso.disperso> wrote in message
> > > remote access actived, firewall disabled but it not connect.
> > > (i connect by bluetooth and ping pc is ok)
> > >

> > > "Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio
> > > control is running XP Pro
> Server.

> then
> > > VNC is an alternative. Get

> LINUX
> > > releases, ie. like Red Hat

> mutual
> > > benefit of all of us...
> > > rights...

September 20, 2004 12:45:43 AM

Terminal Services gives you another login. It does not "share" the
desktop. So, if you want to be able to log into the XP box, Terminal
Services is your choide. However, if you want to "see" the remote
desktop (user already logged in), then VNC is your choice.

Disperso wrote:
> you say that i can't use terminal service for access desktop?
>
> in this case which software can i use?
> (besides vnc for pocket)
>

> "Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices" <sejohannsen@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel
> messaggio news:uQRwS$lnEHA.3520@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>
>>You will not be able to use Terminal Services to control an XP PC over BT
>
> if
>
>>the XP PC is the one that you have a BT connection with. Remote desktop
>
> only
>
>>allows one user on the desktop, that user is logged off when you log on
>
> with
>
>>TS, and that closes the BT session. You can control a different XP Pro PC
>>over BT than the one you are connected too.
>>
>>I am not sure if this happens with a WiFi Adhoc connection to the PC, but
>
> it
>
>>certainly doesn't if the PPC is connected to the network via an AP.
>>
>>--
>>Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
>>"Disperso" <disperso@disperso.disperso> wrote in message
>>
>>>remote access actived, firewall disabled but it not connect.
>>>(i connect by bluetooth and ping pc is ok)
>>>

>>>"Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio

>>>control is running XP Pro

> Server.

> then
>
>>>VNC is an alternative. Get

> LINUX
>
>>>releases, ie. like Red Hat

> mutual
>
>>>benefit of all of us...

>>>rights...

Anonymous
September 20, 2004 12:45:44 AM

However, XP Pro only allows one concurrent login. When you login from the
terminal services client, it logs off the current user, killing the BT
connection, if it is to that machine. That's the issue.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
"Dan" <dbrussee@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
> Terminal Services gives you another login. It does not "share" the
> desktop. So, if you want to be able to log into the XP box, Terminal
> Services is your choide. However, if you want to "see" the remote
> desktop (user already logged in), then VNC is your choice.
>
> Disperso wrote:
> > you say that i can't use terminal service for access desktop?
> >
> > in this case which software can i use?
> > (besides vnc for pocket)
> >

> > "Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices" <sejohannsen@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel
> > messaggio news:uQRwS$lnEHA.3520@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> >
> >>You will not be able to use Terminal Services to control an XP PC over
BT

> > if
> >
> >>the XP PC is the one that you have a BT connection with. Remote desktop
> >
> > only
> >
> >>allows one user on the desktop, that user is logged off when you log on
> >
> > with
> >
> >>TS, and that closes the BT session. You can control a different XP Pro
PC
> >>over BT than the one you are connected too.
> >>
> >>I am not sure if this happens with a WiFi Adhoc connection to the PC,
but

> > it
> >
> >>certainly doesn't if the PPC is connected to the network via an AP.
> >>
> >>--
> >>Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
> >>"Disperso" <disperso@disperso.disperso> wrote in message

> > Server.

> > then

> > LINUX

> > mutual

Anonymous
September 20, 2004 4:45:31 AM

dont' know why ..but vnc-pocket successful connect and after fast
disconnect...
i'm work on it but if you have another software title advise me

thx

"Dan" <dbrussee@nc.rr.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Terminal Services gives you another login. It does not "share" the
> desktop. So, if you want to be able to log into the XP box, Terminal
> Services is your choide. However, if you want to "see" the remote
> desktop (user already logged in), then VNC is your choice.
>
> Disperso wrote:
> > you say that i can't use terminal service for access desktop?
> >
> > in this case which software can i use?
> > (besides vnc for pocket)
> >

> > "Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices" <sejohannsen@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel
> > messaggio news:uQRwS$lnEHA.3520@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> >
> >>You will not be able to use Terminal Services to control an XP PC over
BT

> > if
> >
> >>the XP PC is the one that you have a BT connection with. Remote desktop
> >
> > only
> >
> >>allows one user on the desktop, that user is logged off when you log on
> >
> > with
> >
> >>TS, and that closes the BT session. You can control a different XP Pro
PC
> >>over BT than the one you are connected too.
> >>
> >>I am not sure if this happens with a WiFi Adhoc connection to the PC,
but

> > it
> >
> >>certainly doesn't if the PPC is connected to the network via an AP.
> >>
> >>--
> >>Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
> >>"Disperso" <disperso@disperso.disperso> wrote in message

> > Server.

> > then

> > LINUX

> > mutual

Anonymous
September 20, 2004 4:45:32 AM

Because VNC allows you to control the PC maintaining the current login.
Terminal services run against XP Pro's Remote Desktop allows Remote login to
that PC, logging off the current user.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
> dont' know why ..but vnc-pocket successful connect and after fast
> disconnect...
> i'm work on it but if you have another software title advise me
>
> thx
>
> "Dan" <dbrussee@nc.rr.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> > Terminal Services gives you another login. It does not "share" the
> > desktop. So, if you want to be able to log into the XP box, Terminal
> > Services is your choide. However, if you want to "see" the remote
> > desktop (user already logged in), then VNC is your choice.
> >
> > Disperso wrote:
> > > you say that i can't use terminal service for access desktop?
> > >
> > > in this case which software can i use?
> > > (besides vnc for pocket)
> > >

> > > "Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices" <sejohannsen@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel
> > > messaggio news:uQRwS$lnEHA.3520@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...

> BT
> > >
> > > if

> > > only

> > > with

Pro
> PC

> but
> > >
> > > it

> > > Server.

> > > then

> > > LINUX

> > > mutual

September 20, 2004 1:50:27 PM

Hi,

Could try our VNC client: PTvncGPRS from Handango or Pocketgear.

There is a trial version of PTvncGPRS and you can view and control
your PC from your PC via Bluetooth, USB cable, WiFi or over the
internet (eg. GPRS).

bye
Dave (Parys Technografx)

"Disperso" <disperso@disperso.disperso> wrote in message
> dont' know why ..but vnc-pocket successful connect and after fast
> disconnect...
> i'm work on it but if you have another software title advise me
>
> thx
>
> "Dan" <dbrussee@nc.rr.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> > Terminal Services gives you another login. It does not "share" the
> > desktop. So, if you want to be able to log into the XP box, Terminal
> > Services is your choide. However, if you want to "see" the remote
> > desktop (user already logged in), then VNC is your choice.
> >
> > Disperso wrote:
> > > you say that i can't use terminal service for access desktop?
> > >
> > > in this case which software can i use?
> > > (besides vnc for pocket)
> > >

> > > "Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices" <sejohannsen@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel
> > > messaggio news:uQRwS$lnEHA.3520@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...

> BT
> > >
> > > if

> > > only

> > > with

Pro
> PC

> but
> > >
> > > it

> > > Server.

> > > then

> > > LINUX

> > > mutual

September 21, 2004 1:48:10 PM

That should have been:

"you can view and control your PC from your PPC"

!