About at my wits end with raid, please help!

rashod0

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
I recently bought 2 seagate drivers (identical) 80gb sata drives. I set them up in a raid0 configuration. Everything would check out in the bios, showing it as a stripe and even in the nvidia raid controller menu, it would show the array and that it is healthy. I'm beginning to think one or both the drives themselves have something wrong with them. I keep getting multiple errors such as: windows freezing (happens alot), corrupt files, blue screen of death (can't remember what it said now but it pointed to the drives), when going to setup an array only 1 hdd detected and i'm sure there are more but I can't remember now.

I also just bought a new computer and am still having the same problem (2 different mobos). I have tried different os, cables, drivers, raid controllers and it's been nothing but trouble. I even took one of the drives and tried to just install windows by itself and I have the same trouble with a single drive. Can anyone shed some light on if this is a hardware problem? Also I just installed my maxtor 120gb drive and partitioned it but windows only detects the partition that windows is on, how do I get windows to recognize the other portion of this drive?

Any help would make my day! Thanks!!

sodaman420

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
I'm not to smart on this type of stuff but...: "going to setup an array only 1 hdd detected" i believe that's because when you raid 0 them together, it considers them 1 big and faster hard drive, rather than the two smaller littler ones.
The other stuff, i'm not sure :/

rashod0

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
I got windows to identify my other partion in disk manager. But as far as the raid drives I have brand new ram! It's corsair xms 2x1gb sticks pc3200. I guess it could be the ram but I don't want to believe it.